Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Try II View Post

Newman doesn't belong in the MIAA or D2 so no way should they add football. They need to drop down and join the Bakers and Kansas Wesleyans of the world.
    Newman Catholics versus the MOSO convicts. Let’s Goooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

Newman Catholics versus the MOSO convicts. Let’s Goooooooo
      Now that's a battle lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Try II View Post

Newman doesn't belong in the MIAA or D2 so no way should they add football. They need to drop down and join the Bakers and Kansas Wesleyans of the world.
        Newman is fine where there at smh

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

I get a sense of bad blood between the MEC and Shepherd, so I think the PSAC dropping Shepherd would be highly unlikely (if not absolutely stupid). But, crazier things have happened, I suppose.
          Reid Amos (MEC Commish) is still quite butt hurt about Shepherd leaving. He's strongly discouraged any scheduling cooperation with Shepherd for OOC games to his conference members.

If Shepherd got the boot from the PSAC, the MEC would be the likely landing place regardless of how Reid feels about it. Possible outside chance of the GMAC in that unlikely scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Reid Amos (MEC Commish) is still quite butt hurt about Shepherd leaving. He's strongly discouraged any scheduling cooperation with Shepherd for OOC games to his conference members.

If Shepherd got the boot from the PSAC, the MEC would be the likely landing place regardless of how Reid feels about it. Possible outside chance of the GMAC in that unlikely scenario.
            Why in the world would the PSAC boot Shepherd?

I actually suspect the PSAC will raid the MEC again in the somewhat near future.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Why in the world would the PSAC boot Shepherd?

I actually suspect the PSAC will raid the MEC again in the somewhat near future.
              Some hypothetical above that I was responding to that scenario, I don't think the PSAC would do that. PSAC consolidation I think would be a good thing, and it doesn't mean that if it does happen and we lose say 4 schools, that they need to replace them. It's almost too big of a conference as is. Clarion, Lock Haven should just fold.

Comment

What about Ottawa University? I'm sure they are pretty content in NAIA but would they be big enough to consider a D2 move? Admittedly I haven't followed them in many years so I don't know the state of their program currently. I know they recruit from the Wichita area quite a bit and theoretically them moving up would give the MIAA another school AND a reason to give Lincoln the boot.

Comment

Originally posted by psugorilla View Post
                  What about Ottawa University? I'm sure they are pretty content in NAIA but would they be big enough to consider a D2 move? Admittedly I haven't followed them in many years so I don't know the state of their program currently. I know they recruit from the Wichita area quite a bit and theoretically them moving up would give the MIAA another school AND a reason to give Lincoln the boot.
                  This would still leave the MIAA with 12 football teams and the cost of the resulting lawsuit from Lincoln.

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post
                    Also, South Alabama's only 2 losses are to FBS schools this year so far.
                    South Alabama is FBS. They began play in 2009 as "unclassified" and were fully in FBS by 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post
                      Sometimes there are schools that have plenty of money, but seem to be fine where they are at competing in D3 for example. Money isn't an issue at Berry, but they are just fine sitting there.
                      Very true; however, now that Emory and Henry has moved up I wonder if we might see some other ODAC or USA South members try to move up in the NC/VA area. I know the SAC is pretty full now, but I could see the Conference Carolinas going after some of those D3 schools that currently sponsor football.

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post

Very true; however, now that Emory and Henry has moved up I wonder if we might see some other ODAC or USA South members try to move up in the NC/VA area. I know the SAC is pretty full now, but I could see the Conference Carolinas going after some of those D3 schools that currently sponsor football.
                        Idk. That's a good question. None of the USA south schools are appealing to me and Brevard has already shown they arent cut out for D2 football. But you never know. People I know from E&H are still kinda surprised they moved up.

And as far as Conference Carolinas, idk. I'll believe it when I see it for conference Carolinas football. That's been nothing more than a potential rumor for 15 years it seems ya know?

Comment

I doubt the PSAC would want to get rid of Shepherd, and the PSAC makes more sense for Shepherd geographically than the MEC, even if they aren't based in Pennsylvania.

Comment

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post

Would Frostburg even want to join the PSAC? Have they shown interest in the past?

If the PASSHE schools did actually contract and couldn't get any new members, would they possibly drop Shepherd if it was the only way to even the numbers?
                            No concrete connection between Frostburg and the PSAC, no. But it would help them in terms of travel. So if they ever did become available, I think they're the PSAC's first choice. Of course, it takes two to tango.

I doubt Shepherd gets dropped, both sides of the PSAC/Shepherd marriage appear to be happy with the early returns.

Comment

Originally posted by Nevadaman23 View Post
                              id like to see several schools join D1 like GVSU Ferris State Valdosta West Florida West Georgia Uindy New Haven etc but id like to see schools like U of Chicago Illinois Wesleyan Hope etc move to d2
                              This would kill the GSC. There would not be enough strong teams.

Comment

Originally posted by delta dawn View Post

This would kill the GSC. There would not be enough strong teams.
                                wouldnt that allow other schools to step up and take over

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X