Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

Definition of mean right here, guys.
    well Pitt State isnt average lol but i see what he is getting at. something ive noticed is everyone wants every d2 school to stay in d2. i hate to say it but its not gonna happen.

Comment

plus some d3 or NAIA schools named arent bad and could prob beat half the d2 schools

Comment

Menlo looking to become D2!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nevadaman23 View Post

well Pitt State isnt average lol but i see what he is getting at. something ive noticed is everyone wants every d2 school to stay in d2. i hate to say it but its not gonna happen.
          You're right, schools that have no business reclassifying do so all the time.

There is nothing out of the ordinary when people want their opponents to remain.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

You're right, schools that have no business reclassifying do so all the time.

There is nothing out of the ordinary when people want their opponents to remain.
            While that is true those schools also have the right to do so if they are willing to take the risk. No they won't be successful right off the bat heck it may take 30 years to do so but its a process. It also takes the right leadership which if you look at most HBCU college its not there sadly

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post

I'd guess that UNCP would be happy if the CC could start sponsoring football. The other CC members have a decent associate member for football setup, but UNCP in the MEC still doesn't make a lot of sense.

I agree that the USA South schools aren't in a good shape to move up, but some of those ODAC schools could afford to move up and I still don't understand why Christopher Newport continues to hang around D3. They'd be a prime target for the CC and an easy travel partner for Chowan.
              In VA alone I would think Shenandoah, W&L, and CNU could easily make the jump. Not sure how motivated W&L is given they probably would like to keep those rivalries with Hampton-Sydney and Randolph-Macon, but Shenandoah and CNU are both very large schools with very nice facilities.

Comment

Here's a thought, and mostly me not knowing the reclassification rules especially since St. Thomas blew those wide open. But what is the rule on a Juco, once achieving the proper academic status... 4-year Degrees I would wager to guess, from deciding to move up? Would they have to do D3 or could they jump straight to D2?
                I'm looking at a school like Butler CC as the example.

Comment

Originally posted by psugorilla View Post
                  Here's a thought, and mostly me not knowing the reclassification rules especially since St. Thomas blew those wide open. But what is the rule on a Juco, once achieving the proper academic status... 4-year Degrees I would wager to guess, from deciding to move up? Would they have to do D3 or could they jump straight to D2?
                  USC Beaufort was formerly a two year school and is joining D2 (first year in the process of joining this year). I don't think they were ever D3 (not sure if they were ever NAIA).

Comment

Look into Dixie State. They were a junior college, moved to D2, and are now D1. They’re called Utah Tech now.
                    RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
                    Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Originally posted by RedFromMI View Post

USC Beaufort was formerly a two year school and is joining D2 (first year in the process of joining this year). I don't think they were ever D3 (not sure if they were ever NAIA).
                      They were NAIA but never D3

Comment

I believe they could do either or I remember Utah Valley went from Juco to D1 i think. Which is banned now

Comment

How about a bunch more California schools joining from the NAIA? https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...h7rKb0KhI/edit

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
                            How about a bunch more California schools joining from the NAIA? https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...h7rKb0KhI/edit
                            Now that looks like it would have had the GNAC page popping off with excitement!

Comment

Originally posted by UISguy23 View Post

While that is true those schools also have the right to do so if they are willing to take the risk. No they won't be successful right off the bat heck it may take 30 years to do so but its a process. It also takes the right leadership which if you look at most HBCU college its not there sadly
                              No point in stating your point, he never likes the idea of a school moving up. I get Brandon is coming from, we all love D2 sports, but sometimes a bird has to leave the nest to see if they can make it. I have no concerns for schools I did not attend, or are currently attending. If a school wants to make a go of it, more power to them. Wish my Alma Mater would do the same, despite others in my fanbase hating the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post

Look into Dixie State. They were a junior college, moved to D2, and are now D1. They’re called Utah Tech now.
                                Look at Boise State.

It was Boise Junior College founded in 1932. Won the NJCAA football championship in 1958. In 1968 became a four-year school and was in the NAIA. Joins the Big Sky in 1970, which was NCAA Div II. 1978 saw BSC and BSU move to Div IAA. Boise State wins the IAA championship in 1980. 1996 they move to Div IA in Big West Conference.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X