Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post

No point in stating your point, he never likes the idea of a school moving up. I get Brandon is coming from, we all love D2 sports, but sometimes a bird has to leave the nest to see if they can make it. I have no concerns for schools I did not attend, or are currently attending. If a school wants to make a go of it, more power to them. Wish my Alma Mater would do the same, despite others in my fanbase hating the idea.
    Your a good man Zimmy

Comment

Now that looks like it would have had the GNAC page popping off with excitement!
      I was about to post something about this lol good thing I read everything on here before I did but this is exciting news. I wish a few illinois schools would move to D2 like Saint Francis or Saint Xavier

Comment

No point in stating your point, he never likes the idea of a school moving up.
        No. It just has to make sense. NDSU made sense. SDSU made sense. Others did not.

Comment

Originally posted by RedFromMI View Post

USC Beaufort was formerly a two year school and is joining D2 (first year in the process of joining this year). I don't think they were ever D3 (not sure if they were ever NAIA).
          I believe USC Beaufort was in the NAIA before joining D2, effectively competing as an "independent" though the NAIA has lumped all the independent schools into something called the "Continental Athletic Conference".
          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

I believe USC Beaufort was in the NAIA before joining D2, effectively competing as an "independent" though the NAIA has lumped all the independent schools into something called the "Continental Athletic Conference".
            They were in the Sun Conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

No. It just has to make sense. NDSU made sense. SDSU made sense. Others did not.
              How do you think UNA is going to end up? It's been a tough one so far it seems, 1-7 this year with their only win over D2 UVA Wise. Just fired the HC as well.

Comment

Just saw that the Lone Star Conference maybe inviting Sul Ross State to join the Conference this week

Comment

Just out of curiosity, taking recent football success out the equation. Would Mary Hardin-Baylor be a legit D2 candidate?

Comment

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post
                    Just out of curiosity, taking recent football success out the equation. Would Mary Hardin-Baylor be a legit D2 candidate?
                    Program & competition wise, yes, but their school model does not fit in DII.

Comment

What is Lincoln CA doing? They had games against Western Oregon, Grand Valley St., Davenport, and Bluefield St. and last year the also played 5 DII games.

Comment

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
                        What is Lincoln CA doing? They had games against Western Oregon, Grand Valley St., Davenport, and Bluefield St. and last year the also played 5 DII games.
                        They have no affiliation, they play a lot of D2 teams because they are willing to play pretty much anyone from NAIA to FCS and a lot of D2 teams are desperate to find opponents. As currently constructed they would never be granted NCAA membership.

Comment

Originally posted by UISguy23 View Post
                          Just saw that the Lone Star Conference maybe inviting Sul Ross State to join the Conference this week
                          Where did you see this? Not questioning it I just want to read up on it..

Comment

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
                            We don't want them in D2, or D3, or NAIA - they are fine where they are.

Comment

There are rumors swirling that UMary is looking to go DI for at least hockey. They are sitting on a ton of money and the state could use another D1 hockey program to rival UND. Something to keep an eye out for.

Comment

Originally posted by UMary1 View Post
                                There are rumors swirling that UMary is looking to go DI for at least hockey. They are sitting on a ton of money and the state could use another D1 hockey program to rival UND. Something to keep an eye out for.
                                As a college hockey fan, I'm hoping they make that move - especially if NDSU won't.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X