Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your best guesses at seedings tomorrow???

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your best guesses at seedings tomorrow???

Me, this is about how I see SR3 getting picked tomorrow....

1 GVSU
    2 Ferris State
    3 Pittsburg State
    4 Ouachita Baptist
    5 Indianapolis
    6 Davenport
    7 NWMSU

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    Me, this is about how I see SR3 getting picked tomorrow....

1 GVSU
    2 Ferris State
    3 Pittsburg State
    4 Ouachita Baptist
    5 Indianapolis
    6 Davenport
    7 NWMSU
    Can't argue with your logic except Truman State could get the 7 slot over NW due to SOS. I hope NW gets in, but it is really up in the air at this point

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat1986 View Post

Can't argue with your logic except Truman State could get the 7 slot over NW due to SOS. I hope NW gets in, but it is really up in the air at this point
      possible. all depends on the committee. They could easily sentence Davenport to the seven slot to face Ferris, saves them from having to pay for a flight right there. Harding is going to be close in there as well. And as I recall, 5, 6, and 7 they're free to play around with to try to avoid flights if they can. Could totally be possible that Davenport is shipped east to face Ashland if there's a move there that would work there.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat1986 View Post

I’d be surprised if Davenport is even in the conversation.

They have a tough SOS. But they weren’t even competitive in their two toughest games.

GVSU
        Pitt
        Ferris
        OBU
        Indy
        Harding-NWMSU

Comment

Here’s my question.. The SIAC has a terrible record in the playoffs. My guess is that they lose the first game that they play.

Does SR2 give 11-0 Benedict a 1st round bye, or make them play? My guess is that the cheap NCAA makes them #2 and gives Limestone or Newberry a 1st round short bus trip to them.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

They have a tough SOS. But they weren’t even competitive in their two toughest games.

GVSU
            Pitt
            Ferris
            OBU
            Indy
            Harding-NWMSU
            I don't think how competitive a team is in their games is part of the selection criteria. (We can argue if it should be in a different discussion). With that said, I think Davenport does get into the field as the #6 or #7 seed, depending on what the committee does between Pitt and Ferris. If Pitt gets the #2, and Ferris goes #3, then #7 goes to NWMSU and #6 goes to Davenport. If they put Ferris #2, then Davenport drops behind NWMSU. Either way I think the matchups are Indy at OBU, Davenport at Ferris and NWMSU at Pitt.

I think Harding gets left out, even though I think they may be the more deserving team than NWMSU. If you look at who each team lost to, there is a difference. NWMSU lost to a 6-5 Central Oklahoma team and an undefeated team. Harding lost to an undefeated and an 8-3 team. I think that should be the difference between who gets in and is left out, but in the end I think the name NWMSU rings better with the committee and as such the Bearcats get in.

Comment

DU 7-2* TSU 8-2, HU 9-2 and NWMSU 9-2 are all fighting for 2 spots. Is 9-2 better than 7-2 or 8-2?
              Does DU getting blown out 2 weeks in a row to end the season or playing a team twice hurt them? NW is 4-2 vs .500 or better teams with both losses on the road and a .500 SOS How does that compare with the other 2 loss teams?
              Last edited by NWFanatic; 11-12-2022, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Until proven otherwise, I believe the committee has eyes, a memory, and common sense!

Comment

I think SR1 will be...

1. IUP
                  2. Shepherd.
                  3. Assumption
                  4. Ashland
                  5. Fake Notre Dame
                  6. Slimey Pebble
                  7. Concord

There are cases for New Haven and Kutztown (who beat Slimey Pebble yesterday but they have three losses)

6/7 could be totally different. I think Slimey hangs on for dear life...maybe New Haven jumps Concord.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post

possible. all depends on the committee. They could easily sentence Davenport to the seven slot to face Ferris, saves them from having to pay for a flight right there. Harding is going to be close in there as well. And as I recall, 5, 6, and 7 they're free to play around with to try to avoid flights if they can. Could totally be possible that Davenport is shipped east to face Ashland if there's a move there that would work there.
                    I can agree with most of this logic, however I see the committee moving PSU to the 2 line and dropping Ferris to 3. Easier to do given FSU played Wayne State and PSU had a better SOS game to end the season. Hard to believe NWMSU moves from 10 to 6 and DU dropping only to 7. Same scenarios exempt that FSU would travel to PSU instead of the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by chapmaja View Post

I don't think how competitive a team is in their games is part of the selection criteria. (We can argue if it should be in a different discussion). With that said, I think Davenport does get into the field as the #6 or #7 seed, depending on what the committee does between Pitt and Ferris. If Pitt gets the #2, and Ferris goes #3, then #7 goes to NWMSU and #6 goes to Davenport. If they put Ferris #2, then Davenport drops behind NWMSU. Either way I think the matchups are Indy at OBU, Davenport at Ferris and NWMSU at Pitt.

I think Harding gets left out, even though I think they may be the more deserving team than NWMSU. If you look at who each team lost to, there is a difference. NWMSU lost to a 6-5 Central Oklahoma team and an undefeated team. Harding lost to an undefeated and an 8-3 team. I think that should be the difference between who gets in and is left out, but in the end I think the name NWMSU rings better with the committee and as such the Bearcats get in.
                      9-2 is better than 7-2, and 8-2.
                      DU plays less D2 games, plays less unique opponents, and lays an egg in their marquee games. I cannot for the life of me fathom how the committee would give them an unseeded spot. Over teams that have a better win%, more wins agains >.500 teams.

Comment

When looking solely at winning % and winning % vs teams >.500, it would go to NWMS and Truman. So if it gets any level of subjective (home vs. away, finishing the season strong, who the exact losses were, etc.) then it may change those. But, strictly by the numbers, it's close, but clear.

I also think the fight for the #2 seed is really interesting, PSU 5-0 vs teams >.500 and Ferris 5-1. The numbers say Pitt, but when Ferris went out and scheduled who they did for OOC, that's impressive. That NAIA game may come back and bite them though.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzpats View Post

I can agree with most of this logic, however I see the committee moving PSU to the 2 line and dropping Ferris to 3. Easier to do given FSU played Wayne State and PSU had a better SOS game to end the season. Hard to believe NWMSU moves from 10 to 6 and DU dropping only to 7. Same scenarios exempt that FSU would travel to PSU instead of the other way around.
                          Pitt's SOS is .500, silo scheduling. Ferris scheduled some big boys for their OOC, who all had big winning % (C Washington, Lenoir Rhyme, Findlay).

I also think Pitt should get the #2, but Ferris did work that Pitt didn't have the freedom to do.

But, Ferris' winning % in D2 is hit by only playing 10 games and one of those was NAIA, so it's only .889 compared to Pitt's 1.000. I think that gets Pitt by. But, SOS favors Ferris.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

GVSU
                            Pitt
                            Ferris
                            OBU
                            Indy
                            Harding-NWMSU
                            DU also only beat 6 D2 teams

Comment

Pitt and Ferris are so close, FSU PI is better after our game yesterday, I think the fact that we have the same amount of wins against winning teams makes the difference. If mowest would have won on the 5th like they should have. We would have had 6 wins against >500 teams.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X