Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your best guesses at seedings tomorrow???

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

32 teams finished season with 2 losses or less, so expanding playoffs by 4 would include all of the 2 loss teams this year and probably most years.

Comment

Davenport should be out. I don’t think the committee can overlook them going 0-2 and getting outscored 77-14 in region their last 2 games.

Comment

Eight from each regional and no bye for one seed. It makes sense that no one deserves a bye week in a football playoff.

Comment

Originally posted by tarcat View Post
          Davenport should be out. I don’t think the committee can overlook them going 0-2 and getting outscored 77-14 in region their last 2 games.
          An excellent point. This should be one of the disussions of the selection committee today.
          Early losses by a young team like Harding are not as significant as their end-of-season winning streak. The committe must pick the ones who have momentum.

Comment

Random thoughts on SR3.
            I don't think playing each other twice will hurt the gliac. The West coast teams do it. Playing naia teams will hurt them, though.

Margin of victory is definitely not a consideration.

I think the answer is fewer teams, not more teams. A field of 24 was enough to make sure that the 5 or 10 teams with a legit shot got in each year.

Pitt vs. Ferris is interesting. I don't really know who deserves the 2 spot more. Ferris scheduled well, but was unable to put together a full slate of games. Pitt is stuck in a silo system that they have been working to do away with since it started. Each team did everything they could to get that spot.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolBison View Post

An excellent point. This should be one of the disussions of the selection committee today.
              Early losses by a young team like Harding are not as significant as their end-of-season winning streak. The committe must pick the ones who have momentum.
              I’d be shocked if Harding is in this year. They lost to the other two top teams in the conference, I don’t think the deserve it.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                Random thoughts on SR3.
                I don't think playing each other twice will hurt the gliac. The West coast teams do it. Playing naia teams will hurt them, though.

The west coast teams only played each other twice for a short period of time, that's no longer the case as the former GNAC teams are now in the LSC.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolBison View Post

I think that makes a little sense. But the committee is not supposed to take in account to how you lost the game. They are instructed to only look at that you lost. I think if you start looking at how a team lost, things start to get real subjective & then you allow personal bias in the selection process. Especially when the committee members representatives are from each conference in the region.

Comment

Originally posted by Argonut View Post
                    32 teams finished season with 2 losses or less, so expanding playoffs by 4 would include all of the 2 loss teams this year and probably most years.
                    Might as well just let everyone in and give them all a trophy.

Comment

Originally posted by tarcat View Post
                      I see your point but the committee is not supposed to take in account to how you lost the game. They are instructed to only look at that you lost. I think if you start looking at how a team lost, things start to get real subjective & then you allow personal bias in the selection process. Especially when the committee members representatives are from each conference in the region.

Comment

Bias is the whole reason there is a committee. Otherwise, the spreadsheet would tell us. The human element is most certainly part of the process.

Comment

Davenport will get in. They have the head to head over Truman and are in the harder conference. The 3rd and fourth best teams from the gliac beat the first and second best teams from the glvc.

Comment

I think the issue with teams, from SR3 anyway, is how the Comm. chooses to use the criteria. I'm not familiar enough with the other regions. For me, if one just uses the criteria one gets one set and order. If one uses subjectivity (that team played better, played harder teams (how does one really know?) one gets a different set and order. I'm thinking the Comm. is there for a reason. Otherwise, numbers could just be feed into an equation and we'd have the order. So, each Comm will have their own personality and as a result, we'll get to debate if the correct teams and seedings were made. Subjectivity will have major impacts.

It's interesting to read in some of the threads how team "A" should not be in due to the way they lost. And yet team A played a tougher SOS and better PI. So is this an indication that SOS and PI aren't good metrics? And just to add a log to the fire, those silo conferences don't help matters since one can always question the validity of the metric when there's no objective data to show how good or poor that conference is this season. So is SiloA a tougher conf than SiloB? Based on what? Yet the w/l, sos. PI are all based upon an assumption that they are essentially equal.

May your fav team get placed as you prefer!

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                              I think the issue with teams, from SR3 anyway, is how the Comm. chooses to use the criteria. I'm not familiar enough with the other regions. For me, if one just uses the criteria one gets one set and order. If one uses subjectivity (that team played better, played harder teams (how does one really know?) one gets a different set and order. I'm thinking the Comm. is there for a reason. Otherwise, numbers could just be feed into an equation and we'd have the order. So, each Comm will have their own personality and as a result, we'll get to debate if the correct teams and seedings were made. Subjectivity will have major impacts.

It's interesting to read in some of the threads how team "A" should not be in due to the way they lost. And yet team A played a tougher SOS and better PI. So is this an indication that SOS and PI aren't good metrics? And just to add a log to the fire, those silo conferences don't help matters since one can always question the validity of the metric when there's no objective data to show how good or poor that conference is this season. So is SiloA a tougher conf than SiloB? Based on what? Yet the w/l, sos. PI are all based upon an assumption that they are essentially equal.

May your fav team get placed as you prefer!
                              Is it possible the committee is partially there in order to limit air travel as much as possible? Otherwise you let the numbers be what they are and you could have 3 flights in every region the first round, no way the NCAA is going to allow that.

Comment

The committee is there to pick, then flights and stuff are reduced.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X