Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your best guesses at seedings tomorrow???

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Is it possible the committee is partially there in order to limit air travel as much as possible? Otherwise you let the numbers be what they are and you could have 3 flights in every region the first round, no way the NCAA is going to allow that.
    I don't think 5-7 matchups or air travel comes into play as to who gets in or not. It will once a team is in. Also, it's been said that the NCAA wants to avoid rematches in the 1st round. I'm not sure how that works vs air travel. But IMO, it might be the driver to send a team to another regions. The potential Mines Vs Pueblo potential is one to look at. Will they play in the 1st round? Who knows.

Another issue is how the comm. looks at number of teams from a conference. Does that come into play? Should it?

Comment

Yeah, not as far as who gets in, but as far as who plays who. Pueblo played Mines in 2018 in the first round. It's an easy money saver and it will happen again this year if it means avoiding a flight.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by yote_7 View Post
          Davenport will get in. They have the head to head over Truman and are in the harder conference. The 3rd and fourth best teams from the gliac beat the first and second best teams from the glvc.
          Harder conference? Please!
          God help the committee to have some true discussions.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolBison View Post

Surely you don’t think the GAC is really good?

Comment

Hang in there, won't be long until everyone starts whining about the seeding.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
                I have stated for a couple of weeks that I feared Mankato might pass Mines, meaning a road game in round 2 (assuming a round 1 win). But the next worst thing is adding NWMS, so even if it's not Mankato in round 2, I don't really love that prospect either.

Nothing personal, but I sure hope you're wrong! lol

Comment

Originally posted by CoolBison View Post
                  I know each year is its own, but the GAC has no playoff success stories. Some team romps undefeated (often Harding or OBU) and then does nothing in the PO's. In fact, this year the conference has more teams with losing records than winning, very atypical in silo scheduling, but it's a matter of fact for the GAC this year.

Comment

Originally posted by d2 football fan View Post

...the GAC has no playoff success stories...
                    That is a verifiably false statement. Go back and look at 2016 and 2017 if talking deep runs, or 2015, 2018 and 2021 if talking about winning a PO game, before you make broad-brush general statements about a conference's playoff history.
                    Last edited by Armo Wood; 11-13-2022, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Pueblo to Pittsburg, KS is just by a couple of miles less than 600 miles

Comment

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post

Pueblo to Pittsburg, KS is just by a couple of miles less than 600 miles
                        Yep. But then someone would have to fly to Mines.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

The west coast teams only played each other twice for a short period of time, that's no longer the case as the former GNAC teams are now in the LSC.
                          I didn't realize they had joined the LSC. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I didn't realize they had joined the LSC. Thanks for the info.
                            It was the only way to save west coast D2 football as they were down to 3 teams. Crazy to think about.

Comment

Would have liked this, far too many rematches in the playoffs now IMHO.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X