Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You’re right, 3-2, but their win percentage wasn’t as good, and you played less qualifying games. DUs saving grace can only be explained by the only losses are to two top ranked regional opponents. I think the committee understands the gamesmanship going on in the glvc.

Comment

Ok we definitely have some bias going on here with the selection committee. West Ga. And Newberry should have been selected over Fayetteville and Limestone or Wingate.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
        You’re right, 3-2, but their win percentage wasn’t as good, and you played less qualifying games. DUs saving grace can only be explained by the only losses are to two top ranked regional opponents. I think the committee understands the gamesmanship going on in the glvc.
        We had one bye week. Lindenwood left the league last year and TSU couldn’t fill it. Are you saying THAT’s why TSU didn’t make it?

And gamesmanship? WTF are you talking about? Up until the last week of the regular season, Truman had played four nonconference games against +.500 opponents (Hillsdale fell to 5-6 in week 11). They didn’t schedule a bunch of pushovers trying to run their record to 10-1 or 11-0 and try to get in with a bad SOS. Please explain to me how that kind of schedule is “gamesmanship”.

Comment

Originally posted by MilSF View Post
          Harding misses out to NWMSU because?? History I guess?
          Even though both have silo scheduling, there are more sub .500 teams in the GAC (bad teams upsetting average teams), so Harding player more games against teams with losing records (ATU lost Monticello, that win would have made ATU a winning team). That's also a knock that the GAC is mostly bad with a couple of less bad teams. But, in the end, silo scheduling hurt their ability to play a team or two with better records. That's also why OBU is a 4 seed. In a stacked region, they are the lowest and were never thought of generally as a team that should be seeded higher.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
            DU beating Saggy, who thumped indy,.probably didn't help Truman's case

Comment

Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post

We had one bye week. Lindenwood left the league last year and TSU couldn’t fill it. Are you saying THAT’s why TSU didn’t make it?

And gamesmanship? WTF are you talking about? Up until the last week of the regular season, Truman had played four nonconference games against +.500 opponents (Hillsdale fell to 5-6 in week 11). They didn’t schedule a bunch of pushovers trying to run their record to 10-1 or 11-0 and try to get in with a bad SOS. Please explain to me how that kind of schedule is “gamesmanship”.
              The fact that hillsdale and Tiffin are even on your schedule is a joke. That’s the gamesman ship. Scheduling cupcakes to pad your .SOS. Then you have the gall to take an off week when you play teams like Quincy, Mckendree, Rolla, and southwest baptist.

Comment

What does it say about the glvc when Lwood bails the MIAA and is immediately conference champs 2 years in a row, getting smacked in the playoffs. Then moving up.

Comment

Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post

NWMSU was 3-2 against teams above .500. So was Truman, who also had a better SOS, SOS+win% and PI than both Harding and NWMSU.
                  If you don’t count the NW win over MWSU they’re 5-5 so isn’t NW 4-2 vs .500 or better teams?

Comment

I think just it’s just win%. But it’s also strictly greater than .500 I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
                      Ok we definitely have some bias going on here with the selection committee. West Ga. And Newberry should have been selected over Fayetteville and Limestone or Wingate.
                      It's a joke, the selection committee knows it. Newberry beats Wingate on the field by 9 on the road, wins the division, and wins the outright SAC Championship, only for Wingate to make the playoffs? Wingate lost to a losing team in Emory and Henry, Newberry had a bad loss (in a game they lost their starting and backup QB), but Carson-Newman finished with a winning record. I would love to hear the committee explain their thought process.

Comment

The committee is there to express their bias and ensure there is an eye test. How is this a surprise to people? If you want no bias, it would simply be determined by the spreadsheet.

Comment

I really do think the committee looks at what conference a team is coming from. NW as #2 in the MIAA is probably given more weight because of the MIAA is the equivalent to D1 Power 5 conference. Truman on the other hand plays in the GLVC which is equivalent to the Mountain West or AAC, one big leagues that don’t get respect. It sucks for Truman after having a great year. But sometimes playing in the bigger power conference comes with perks. I hope MIAA ends solo scheduling soon so maybe Truman-NW could play head to head again.

Comment

Originally posted by BEARS View Post
                            Fayetteville State over Newberry is highway robbery.
                            I tend to agree with you after looking at a few things: Newberry has a better strength of schedule, both have identical records and both won their conference championships. They both have a common opponent in Wingate, which Newberry beat. The only thing, and I may be reaching here, is that Newberry SOS may have taken a huge hit with the Allen game. Allen is 6th from the bottom in SOS. Other than that I don't see it either.

Comment

Has to be Newberry. They did better than Limestone and Fayetteville in some metrics, and they won the SAC.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
                                Has to be Newberry. They did better than Limestone and Fayetteville in some metrics, and they won the SAC.
                                Limestone beat them H2H tho. That had to be a factor IMO

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X