West Florida GSC 8-1 .538 7-1 2-1 1.427 3
    Virginia Union CIAA 8-1 .500 8-1 3-1 1.388 4
    Wingate SAC 9-2 .531 9-2 4-1 1.349 5
    Fayetteville State CIAA 9-2 .516 9-2 2-2 1.334 6
    Limestone SAC 8-2 .524 8-2 3-2 1.324 7
    Fort Valley State SIAC 8-2 .521 8-2 2-1 1.321 8
    West Georgia GSC 8-2 .506 8-2 2-1 1.306 9
    Newberry SAC 8-3 .513 9-2 3-2 1.240 -
    Newberry would be #14 behind Albany State.

Comment

Originally posted by dvaara View Post

Silo conferences like yours are the reason other teams have a tough time scheduling 11 d2 games
      I'll attempt to explain why in-region is a stupid criteria for football with an imaginary example.

SR1
      Conference A - 12 teams silo schedule
      Conference B - 12 teams silo schedule
      Conference C - 12 teams silo schedule
      Conference D - 8 teams

How could Conference D find in-region games?

That's exactly why teams in SR3 shouldn't be penalized for fewer D2 games or fewer in-region games.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

After doing some research and sleuthing, I would advise you to read this document:

Particularly point 2.
        I replied and attempted the calculation. In that scenario, everything makes perfect sense.

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

Or the first round RMAC rematch in SR4.
          It's hard to avoid out here in SR4. ENMU, Wayne (NE) and West Texas are the only drivable schools to Mines in SR4 that aren't RMAC. Augie and Sioux Falls are close. Back in the day when WNMU was in the RMAC that was a 700 mile drive, in conference. There are actually more drivable schools in SR 3 (Washburn, Emporia, Fort Hayes, NWOSU, SWOSU, Kearney). Pueblo has a few more options since they are further south and Black Hills, South Dakota Mines, and Chadron are drivable to many NSIC schools. The reality for us out here in the wild wild west where the footprint covers 50% of the country is that until they redo the super regions we are playing in conference for the first round of the playoffs barring a non-traditional power making it.

Comment

Originally posted by FSUBulldog27 View Post
            Stop crying and win your games - Are you afraid if we win and Pitt wins you will have to travel NORTH and play? was it 2 or 3 years ago we made a trip to the almighty OBU and what happened. We played most of our playoff games on the road that year. Ferris and Grand Valley are the top 2 teams in the country and happen to be in the same conference. Why are so many teams dropping out of our conference - I will give you a clue they can't win. Grand Valley was the 2nd best team last year and lost in regional final to Ferris. Do you think they could have beat Shepard in Semis. Its unfair that D2 isn't seeded nationally and the 1 vs 2 have to play in regional final - it is what it is - Just play and OBU just stop - you guys are like 1 and done every year
            I won't argue that GVSU was the 2nd best team last year, but I think you played us in the regional final after smoking them in the second round. I know your matchup with GV during the season was close though and we didn't put up much of a fight. That said, I'm not sure we couldn't have beaten Shepard in the semi's as well. Like you said, the thing that is unfair is that D2 isn't seeded nationally... I understand the reasons for it, but if it was, there would be 9 or 10 teams from our region and 3 of the top four or 5 every year, but instead we all get to beat each other up leaving just 1 to move on to the semi's. All of you out there whining about your seeding or not making it, be thankful you're not the 31st or 32nd seed and having to watch your team get absolutely worked by GVSU or Ferris. But hey, good luck to everyone (except OBU) this weekend!

Comment

A quick question. We speak of the "committee" but is there a list of who is on that committee/committees that makes the decisions for the playoff teams?

Comment

Originally posted by GoneBlastin View Post

It's hard to avoid out here in SR4. ENMU, Wayne (NE) and West Texas are the only drivable schools to Mines in SR4 that aren't RMAC. Augie and Sioux Falls are close. Back in the day when WNMU was in the RMAC that was a 700 mile drive, in conference. There are actually more drivable schools in SR 3 (Washburn, Emporia, Fort Hayes, NWOSU, SWOSU, Kearney). Pueblo has a few more options since they are further south and Black Hills, South Dakota Mines, and Chadron are drivable to many NSIC schools. The reality for us out here in the wild wild west where the footprint covers 50% of the country is that until they redo the super regions we are playing in conference for the first round of the playoffs barring a non-traditional power making it.
                Last year Kearney went to Western Colorado in the first round, which saved a flight. This year there was no way to prevent one first-round flight (Fayetteville State to Delta State) even if teams switched regions.

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post
                  A quick question. We speak of the "committee" but is there a list of who is on that committee/committees that makes the decisions for the playoff teams?
                  Yes, it is listed in the NCAA publications. Starts on page 11.
                  https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/cha...ampsManual.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

Yes, it is listed in the NCAA publications. Starts on page 11.
                    https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/cha...ampsManual.pdf
                    Thanks.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X