Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D2 Playoffs

Well, the PO are here and If I had to choose today I'd say either Delta State or WF will be in the Natty easily. SR2 is a cakewalk this year and they will have to play each other after the first round once they both win Saturday. The winner of that game will be representing SR2. As far as the other regions go I would say SR1 is a toss-up between Shepherd and IUP. SR4 is all of Angelo States to lose. SR3 is definitely GV to lose and I think they will make it to the natty to play WF. I think the Argos win the Natty this year.

My thinking is whoever survives SR3 wins it…unless they are just too beat up. It’s a brutal region.

Comment

Originally posted by MarsHillU2022 View Post
      Well, the PO are here and If I had to choose today I'd say either Delta State or WF will be in the Natty easily. SR2 is a cakewalk this year and they will have to play each other after the first round once they both win Saturday. The winner of that game will be representing SR2. As far as the other regions go I would say SR1 is a toss-up between Shepherd and IUP. SR4 is all of Angelo States to lose. SR3 is definitely GV to lose and I think they will make it to the natty to play WF. I think the Argos win the Natty this year.
      If Delta or WF make it out of R2 they will have to have to play the SR3 or SR4 winner, I have a hard time agreeing with you saying that either of those teams would easily beat GV, Ferris, Angelo, Pitt or Mines.

Comment

Originally posted by OBUGrad View Post
        My thinking is whoever survives SR3 wins it…unless they are just too beat up. It’s a brutal region.
        It's unfortunate the two best teams in D2 this year will meet in SR3 Championship game. Ferris and GV.

Comment

They do reseed for the semi final…

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
            They do reseed for the semi final…
            I think the implication being made is that if West Florida comes out of SR2, they're most likely going to be the lowest-rated team left in the bracket for the semis, which would probably match them up against the SR3 champion. If Delta makes it out, then odds are the SR1 winner will meet the SR3 winner, and Delta would face the SR4 winner.

Edit: Of course, this is hinging on whether the NCAA will use actual quality of teams to re-seed the semifinals, or if they'll lean heavily on regional seed and record.
            2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

My heart is with Delta State, of course, but SR3 is absolutely stacked. IF, and that’s a big “if,” Delta makes it out of SR2, they will more than likely have to travel.

I’ll tell you what, I was on the ‘06 Delta team that traveled to GVSU for the Semifinal game. That cold was not fun to play in. The weather will be a factor, along with an already tough opponent. Wether it be GVSU or FSU. No disrespect to the other teams in SR3. Those two teams just stand out.

All that said, the Fighting Okra have been road warriors all season long, so there’s always a chance. One game at a time, though, it starts with Fayetteville State.
              RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
              Delta State University, GSC

Comment

I agree. GV and Ferris are just beasts this year.

I'm stoked that Pitt made it in for the first time in a long time, but they definitely haven't seen the level of talent that either of those teams will put on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                  I agree. GV and Ferris are just beasts this year.

I'm stoked that Pitt made it in for the first time in a long time, but they definitely haven't seen the level of talent that either of those teams will put on the field.
                  But do you think Ferris is as strong as they were last season?

Comment

Originally posted by gsutiger2002 View Post

The Ferris team I saw play LR would not beat WFLA or Delta unless it’s in the frozen tundra of the north. If its in Texas GSC wins it. Our regional this year is so week it will be like practice games against Fayetteville Benedict Wingate and Va Union.for which ever team wins between Delta and WF.

Comment

Originally posted by gsutiger2002 View Post

I think it will depend on which qb is healthy, but I think they're still just as good up front.

Comment

Ferris is as good as they were on defense last year, not as good on offense. The big reason they are not on good on offense is that they have their O-line is not as good and they don't have as good as running backs. Now talent wise they are close but they play a number of RFR on the oline and all their backs are all RFR. Against their better opponents this year they have had no non-qb run game out of any true running back sets (against GV, DU and MTU they hardly even played a RB). Their defense is really elite, it has won them a lot of games this year. I doubt anyone besides GV, Angelo, Mines, WF and Delta could even dream of scoring more than 21 vs them.
                        Last edited by Gliac_fan10; 11-16-2022, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gliac_fan10 View Post
                          Ferris is as good as they were on defense last year, not as good on offense. The big reason they are not on good on offense is that they have their O-line is not as good and they don't have as good as running backs. Now talent wise they are close but they play a number of RFR on the oline and all their backs are all RFR. Against their better opponents this year they have had no non-qb run game out of any true running back sets (against GV, DU and MTU they hardly even played a RB). Their defense is really elite, it has won them a lot of games this year. I doubt anyone besides GV, Angelo, Mines, WF and Delta could even dream of scoring more than 21 vs them.
                          Ferris is better with Carson Gulker at QB than they are with Mylik Mitchell, IMO. They would be wise to make Gulker the full-time starter.
                          2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Ferris is better with Carson Gulker at QB than they are with Mylik Mitchell, IMO. They would be wise to make Gulker the full-time starter.
                            I would agree to a point. I think he should get the vast majority of the reps but there are going to be a few select games/time where they are going to have to throw it to win. And I'm not sure Gulker can drop back and throw it on point consistently enough to win. He also is turnover prone. I am 100% with you that TA can run his "true" offense efficiently with Gulker and not Mitchell

Comment

Wayne Cavadi D2 playoff write up and predictions.

https://twitter.com/waynecavadi_d2/s...305643008?s=21

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X