Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texcap View Post

I can almost guarantee you that it would not sell out. The stadium has a capacity of 12,000, and I would expect that Angelo State would probably have no more than 4,000 to 5,000 to[sd, and that might be pushing it.
    Its a 4 and a half hour drive to McKinney. Maybe 5. It would be easy enough for a booster group shell out to get a couple of buses for students to travel to the game for those who don't have their own car, or want to bother with the trouble of driving themselves there, and paying for a hotel room there. Not to mention that some of the alumni groups in like Houston and San Antonio would be pushing for more Rams fans to get to the game. Plus there's some other LSC and former LSC fans that might make the effort to get fans into the stadium, if nothing more than under the guise of "Don't Mess with Texas" perhaps.

Comment

What if D2 went to a pod format of 8 groupings, regionalized as best they are able. Take the top 2 ranked teams from every region as the pod anchors of sorts and expand the field to 32 with no byes. Still allow the top 8 out of each individual region to keep everyone happy. After the pod winners are decided you reseed and do a national playoff essentially with the final 8. A rough outline (I'm sure InkBlot or someone else could do this better) on how this would look this year, adding Concord (R1), Harding (R3), Sioux Falls (R4) and Newberry (R2) as the presumed 8th team out of each region.

Pod 1- GV, Bemidji St, Sioux Falls, CSU Pueblo
      Pod 2- Ferris, New Haven, Slippery Rock, Minnesota State
      Pod 3- IUP, Assumption, Newberry, Notre Dame
      Pod 4- Shepherd, VA Union, Wingate, Davenport
      Pod 5- Benedict, Ashland, West FL, Concord
      Pod 6- Delta St, Fayetteville St, Limestone, Indianapolis
      Pod 7- Angelo St, Wayne St, Pitt St, Harding
      Pod 8- Co Mines, NWMS, Ouachita Baptist, Winona St

Take the winners of each Pod and reseed for the quarterfinals (using inkblots PI ranking) Just my opinion on the winners of each POD:

Grand Valley (29.8) vs CO Mines (26.72)
      Ferris State (29.22) vs IUP (27.3)
      Angelo State (29.63) vs Delta St (27.6)
      West Florida (27.667) vs Shepherd (27.636)

I'd like to think that quarterfinal would at least have Tony Annese happy!

Comment

That looks like an inclusive, fair and equitable format that I would vote for if I had a meaningful vote. Problem is that it makes too much good sense and the mileage bean counters will scream bloody murder over the costs.

Can’t the NCAA spare a little change from their D1 profits for their little brother to hopefully educate themselves about running a real playoff system?

Comment

Originally posted by Argonut View Post
          That looks like an inclusive, fair and equitable format that I would vote for if I had a meaningful vote. Problem is that it makes too much good sense and the mileage bean counters will scream bloody murder over the costs.

Can’t the NCAA spare a little change from their D1 profits for their little brother to hopefully educate themselves about running a real playoff system?
          D2 gets a fixed percentage of the March madness money and that is it. With the new reorganization that percentage is the same as before, and there is zero chance of that getting bigger.

As D2 redoes itself, you may see a bit smaller amount of D2 money going to operations in Indy, as work might go to the conferences in a bigger way, but those numbers will never be that big.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
            What if D2 went to a pod format of 8 groupings, regionalized as best they are able. Take the top 2 ranked teams from every region as the pod anchors of sorts and expand the field to 32 with no byes. Still allow the top 8 out of each individual region to keep everyone happy. After the pod winners are decided you reseed and do a national playoff essentially with the final 8. A rough outline (I'm sure InkBlot or someone else could do this better) on how this would look this year, adding Concord (R1), Harding (R3), Sioux Falls (R4) and Newberry (R2) as the presumed 8th team out of each region.

Pod 1- GV, Bemidji St, Sioux Falls, CSU Pueblo
            Pod 2- Ferris, New Haven, Slippery Rock, Minnesota State
            Pod 3- IUP, Assumption, Newberry, Notre Dame
            Pod 4- Shepherd, VA Union, Wingate, Davenport
            Pod 5- Benedict, Ashland, West FL, Concord
            Pod 6- Delta St, Fayetteville St, Limestone, Indianapolis
            Pod 7- Angelo St, Wayne St, Pitt St, Harding
            Pod 8- Co Mines, NWMS, Ouachita Baptist, Winona St

Take the winners of each Pod and reseed for the quarterfinals (using inkblots PI ranking) Just my opinion on the winners of each POD:

Grand Valley (29.8) vs CO Mines (26.72)
            Ferris State (29.22) vs IUP (27.3)
            Angelo State (29.63) vs Delta St (27.6)
            West Florida (27.667) vs Shepherd (27.636)

I'd like to think that quarterfinal would at least have Tony Annese happy!
            Been watching the World Cup?
            RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
            Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post

Been watching the World Cup?
              A wee bit, they seem to be onto something.

Comment

I'm going to say this now. WF will beat Ferris by at least 14 points and easily win the Natty SR2 out of Delta and WF was going to win this year

Comment

Originally posted by MarsHillU2022 View Post
                  I'm going to say this now. WF will beat Ferris by at least 14 points and easily win the Natty SR2 out of Delta and WF was going to win this year
                  It will only be appropriate after this "re-seeding."

But, no joke. The winner of Ferris/UWF will be heavily favored in the title game.

I'm just in disbelief really. The D2 Committee has lost their minds this season.

Full Disclosure: I live in Pensacola and used to be the GSC Columnist. I'm not just a random lurker.
                  Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post

It will only be appropriate after this "re-seeding."

But, no joke. The winner of Ferris/UWF will be heavily favored in the title game.

I'm just in disbelief really. The D2 Committee has lost their minds this season.

Full Disclosure: I live in Pensacola and used to be the GSC Columnist. I'm not just a random lurker.
                    UWF is definitely going to win this game. Ferris isn't as good as last season and they have always had a problem with turnovers which will continue Saturday. Also their defense hasn't seen an explosive OF like wf has. My pick WF 42 ferris 21

Comment

Originally posted by MarsHillU2022 View Post

UWF is definitely going to win this game. Ferris isn't as good as last season and they have always had a problem with turnovers which will continue Saturday. Also their defense hasn't seen an explosive OF like wf has. My pick WF 42 ferris 21
                      Yeah, but you should have to factor in the one home field advantage that Ferris is going to have Saturday, and that's the weather. Currently weather.com is saying a high of 39 degrees, intervals of clouds and sunshine, winds out of the east at 5 to 10 miles an hour. No snow in the forecast either but that could easily change in a hurry with some lake effect popping up. Not super terrible for up here, but I'm doubting that West Florida is accumulated to that kind of weather at all. Its a shame, as I would love it for them to beat the stuffing out of Ferris as we failed to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post

Yeah, but you should have to factor in the one home field advantage that Ferris is going to have Saturday, and that's the weather. Currently weather.com is saying a high of 39 degrees, intervals of clouds and sunshine, winds out of the east at 5 to 10 miles an hour. No snow in the forecast either but that could easily change in a hurry with some lake effect popping up. Not super terrible for up here, but I'm doubting that West Florida is accumulated to that kind of weather at all. Its a shame, as I would love it for them to beat the stuffing out of Ferris as we failed to do so.
                        UWF beat Ferris by 2 TD's in 33 degrees and snow in 2019. The weather doesn't mean anything. It is overblown, in my opinion.
                        2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

UWF beat Ferris by 2 TD's in 33 degrees and snow in 2019. The weather doesn't mean anything. It is overblown, in my opinion.
                          I agree.

Comment

Gulf South fans only blame the weather if they lose. Ie: Playing the NC in KC while it snows.

Comment

I really look forward to this one. I just hope it's on a stream I can see.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

West Florida is located in NW Florida and we get freezing cold weather and occasional sleet and snow here every winter- it is not south Florida. Also, coach Shinnick bought cold weather gear for the team before the inaugural season anticipating cold northern games in the team’s future. As shown by the team’s cold weather semifinal games in 2017 at IUP and in 2019 at Ferris, the Argos will be prepared and do just fine in cold weather.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X