Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harlon Hill Nominees

Who are the front runners for this year? Matocha? Bagent?

https://greatamericanconference.com/...l_Nominees.pdf

As the commissioner of the D2 fantasy league, I feel like I'm supremely qualified to share my thoughts here lololol.

Anyway, this is who I think the finalists from each region will be. Not necessarily who I would pick:

SR1
    QB Tyson Bagent
    WR Jarod Bowie

SR2
    RB Jada Byers
    RB Emanuel Wilson

SR3
    DE Caleb Murphy
    RB Toriano Clinton although I actually think it *should* be QB Gage Porter. Clinton advances based on name recognition. But I feel like playing QB and ranking second in D2 in rushing yards and first in touchdowns would warrant a finalist spot. If he were actually a running back, I think he'd win this award going away with just his rushing numbers. His playing QB at a decent level while putting up his rushing numbers is crazy.

SR4
    QB Brandon Alt
    QB John Matocha

I *think* the winner will be John Matocha. But if I personally were voting, I would do this for the finalists:

RB Jada Byers
    RB Emanuel Wilson
    WR Jarod Bowie
    QB John Matocha
    QB Tyson Bagent
    DE Caleb Murphy
    RB Toriano Clinton
    QB Brandon Alt

If Gage Porter were to be a regional finalist, I would vote for him to win the entire thing. But I don't think he'll even get out of the region.
    Last edited by KleShreen; 11-21-2022, 06:20 PM.
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
      As the commissioner of the D2 fantasy league, I feel like I'm supremely qualified to share my thoughts here lololol.
      That does make you the most qualified person to comment. That's how the SID's treat it too. It's all about stats and name recognition.

Comment

All of the players mentioned above are amazing...I would say that Abe Swanson should also be on this list. I do know that defensive players are usually overlooked but NFL scouts love the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post
          All of the players mentioned above are amazing...I would say that Abe Swanson should also be on this list. I do know that defensive players are usually overlooked but NFL scouts love the guy.
          Unfortunately only one player can be nominated from each school, and the SID picks who it is.
          2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Really appreciate the insight from a pro, KleShreen! Should be a fun race. I'm curious though, does Harlon Hill only count regular season or are playoff performances taken into account?

Comment

Looks like the finalists were announced this morning. I’d be furious if anyone but Matocha wins it with how efficient he’s been this season. Who’s coming in second? Tyson Bagent? Jada Byers?

Super Region One

Tyson Bagent, QB, Shepherd

Jared Bowie, WR, Concord

Super Region Two

Mario Anderson, RB, Newberry

Jada Byers, RB, Virginia Union

Super Region Three

Caleb Murphy, DE, Ferris State

TJ Davis, QB, Nebraska-Kearney

TJ Cole, RB, Ouachita Baptist

Super Region Four

Brandon Alt, QB, Bemidji State

John Matocha, QB, Colorado Mines
              Last edited by FortLewis4Lyfe; 12-01-2022, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Bagent will win it. You'd have to have a miraculous record breaking season to unseat him. Especially after he set the D2 career total offense record.

Comment

Originally posted by FortLewis4Lyfe View Post
                  Looks like the finalists were announced this morning. I’d be furious if anyone but Matocha wins it with how efficient he’s been this season. Who’s coming in second? Tyson Bagent? Jada Byers?

Super Region One

Tyson Bagent, QB, Shepherd

Jared Bowie, WR, Concord

Super Region Two

Mario Anderson, RB, Newberry

Jada Byers, RB, Virginia Union

Super Region Three

Caleb Murphy, DE, Ferris State

TJ Davis, QB, Nebraska-Kearney

TJ Cole, RB, Ouachita Baptist

Super Region Four

Brandon Alt, QB, Bemidji State

John Matocha, QB, Colorado Mines
                  Matocha- 4,038 yds, 41 tds, 6 ints. 69.4% completion, 342 yds rushing with 3 tds
                  Bagent- 4,184 yds, 37 tds, 6 ints, 71% completion, 116 yds rushing with 5 tds

Both played 13 games, both are in the regional finals. I'd say its pretty close for both. Passer rating favors Matocha (183.37 vs Bagent at 161.48). Perhaps this weekend settles it.

Caleb Murphy would be my vote with the 24.5 sacks. That is outrageous, and he's also got his team in the regional final.

Comment

Is the fact of being listed as a finalist a sign that Murphy has a chance? I’d vote for him too if I had a vote.

Comment

Either that or there just wasn't anyone in SR3 that put of mind numbing offensive stats. I'd love for Murphy to get it, but I have a hard time believing they'd give it to a defensive player. If he doesn't get it, I'd personally lean towards Matocha but think they'll give it to Bagent again.

Comment

Murphy would get my vote, too.

Ronald McKinnon is the only defensive player I know of, who won it.

Comment

Mckinnon was a beast

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
                            Mckinnon was a beast
                            Absolutely

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Matocha- 4,038 yds, 41 tds, 6 ints. 69.4% completion, 342 yds rushing with 3 tds
                              Bagent- 4,184 yds, 37 tds, 6 ints, 71% completion, 116 yds rushing with 5 tds

Both played 13 games, both are in the regional finals. I'd say its pretty close for both. Passer rating favors Matocha (183.37 vs Bagent at 161.48). Perhaps this weekend settles it.

Caleb Murphy would be my vote with the 24.5 sacks. That is outrageous, and he's also got his team in the regional final.
                              Murphy has an all division sack record... it should get high consideration!

While all of those stats are similar between Matocha and Bagent, Matocha did his damage on 100 fewer passing attempts. I know that gets captured in efficiency - but go and look that he has 4 more TD's and only 145 fewer yards on 100 fewer attempts. That being said, I agree that his career record thresholds will carry weight for Bagent, but I also feel like (completely subjective and I recognize it) that voters giving a repeat award justifies both awards (last year and this year).

With all of that said, I expect Bagent to win. It will be no crime if he does, he has had a great season - individually and in leadership of his team.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X