Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

That's not how the NCAA works. They are a co-op, and most of the members have no reason to vote for that.
    I'm aware of that. Is it less conceivable than anything else that's been mentioned? What is the overall affect of silo conferences on D2 as a whole? Personally, I don't think the greater membership gives one rats a$$ about silos because it doesn't affect them. It only becomes bothersome to those where it effects their ability to schedule football games or keeps a deserving team from the POs and they are a minority. I'm not even sure it's kept a deserving team from the POs yet. It certainly didn't this year. I doubt there's any support for Truman after what Pitt did to Indy and GVSU/Ferris did to Davenport in consecutive weeks or any support for Harding after what NW did to Ouachita.

Since 2016 NW has played 3 home PO games as conference champs, no regional championships and no semifinals. And now that Pitt St is relevant again, it threatens NW perch at the top of the MIAA. The realization that it could be difficult getting into the PO let alone a home PO games as 2nd fiddle should be bothersome. With a new president coming in, now could be the time. I think we are closer to ending this silo garbage than you think.
    Go Hounds!
    B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
    Cyclone Power
    ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post

I'm aware of that. Is it less conceivable than anything else that's been mentioned? What is the overall affect of silo conferences on D2 as a whole? Personally, I don't think the greater membership gives one rats a$$ about silos because it doesn't affect them. It only becomes bothersome to those where it effects their ability to schedule football games or keeps a deserving team from the POs and they are a minority. I'm not even sure it's kept a deserving team from the POs yet. It certainly didn't this year. I doubt there's any support for Truman after what Pitt did to Indy and GVSU/Ferris did to Davenport in consecutive weeks or any support for Harding after what NW did to Ouachita.

Since 2016 NW has played 3 home PO games as conference champs, no regional championships and no semifinals. And now that Pitt St is relevant again, it threatens NW perch at the top of the MIAA. The realization that it could be difficult getting into the PO let alone a home PO games as 2nd fiddle should be bothersome. With a new president coming in, now could be the time. I think we are closer to ending this silo garbage than you think.
      I apologize I didn't mean to sound like an arse in my reply. I agree that we are close. It would have ended last summer in spite of NW and the other loser schools trying to keep it in place. It could be argued that Pitt paid for the silo this year. With an OOC, the SOS might have been good enough to have Ferris at home. It's of course a big hypothetical because it might depend on whether Pitt had to play the 2 crappy insta win teams, but I don't think Pitt would have needed to be much above 500 to steal the home game from a team who played so few d2 games. So yeah, the only silo team who had any possible repercussions is the one who has fought against the silo from day 1. I could also argue that the gliac teams suffered indirectly from it because it makes it hard to schedule. Not that many gliac miaa games have ever happened in the reg season. Heck, idk. The Miaa might have gobbled up all the ooc games with the glvc and left even less opponents for them.
      Last edited by Predatory Primates; 11-25-2022, 08:32 AM.

Comment

In short, the only reason the MIAA silo still exists is because the UNK president was hospitalized and couldn't vote, allowing the silo scumbags another year before their ADS actually have to do their job.

Barring another catastrophe, it will end this summer, imo.

NW's evil silo empire dies in July, imo.

Comment

In short, the only reason the MIAA silo still exists is because the UNK president was hospitalized and couldn't vote, allowing the silo scumbags another year before their ADS actually have to do their job.

Barring another catastrophe, it will end this summer, imo.

NW's evil silo empire dies in July, imo.
          God willing and if the creek don't rise.

Comment

I apologize I didn't mean to sound like an arse in my reply. I agree that we are close. It would have ended last summer in spite of NW and the other loser schools trying to keep it in place. It could be argued that Pitt paid for the silo this year. With an OOC, the SOS might have been good enough to have Ferris at home. It's of course a big hypothetical because it might depend on whether Pitt had to play the 2 crappy insta win teams, but I don't think Pitt would have needed to be much above 500 to steal the home game from a team who played so few d2 games. So yeah, the only silo team who had any possible repercussions is the one who has fought against the silo from day 1. I could also argue that the gliac teams suffered indirectly from it because it makes it hard to schedule. Not that many gliac miaa games have ever happened in the reg season. Heck, idk. The Miaa might have gobbled up all the ooc games with the glvc and left even less opponents for them.
            No apology needed. You were making a statement of fact. I've always appreciated your posts and still do. And I absolutely agree Pitt St. is paying for a silo schedule. It they play a couple of D2 OOC opponents who finish 8-3, 7-4 or even 6-5 they are home today. There's no reason at all for a 12-0 team to be on the road at a 1 loss opponent who played less D2 games. But that's just the cold, harsh reality of silo scheduling. So flame away at the silo supporters.
            Go Hounds!
            B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
            Cyclone Power
            ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
              There's no reason at all for a 12-0 team to be on the road at a 1 loss opponent
              Sounds a bit like 2007 and yes I'm still bitter and feel the need to bring it up every year;-!

Comment

Originally posted by 4nick8 View Post

Sounds a bit like 2007 and yes I'm still bitter and feel the need to bring it up every year;-!
                Way different circumstances.
                Go Hounds!
                B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                Cyclone Power
                ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Yea,coach T is "retired" along with all his pals on the selection committee

​​​​​​JK lol
                  ​​​​​.

Not

Comment

I think what some folks are missing is if regionalization got scrapped, and they went to auto bids (which would almost be guaranteed) you would have 13 at large bids going to the 2nd, 3rd place GSC, GLIAC and MIAA teams every yesr and teams from other leagues getting left out then and b1tching about that system.

Not saying those teams wouldn't deserve it but someone's always, ALWAYS, going to have a complaint.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post
                      I think what some folks are missing is if regionalization got scrapped, and they went to auto bids (which would almost be guaranteed) you would have 13 at large bids going to the 2nd, 3rd place GSC, GLIAC and MIAA teams every yesr and teams from other leagues getting left out then and b1tching about that system.

Not saying those teams wouldn't deserve it but someone's always, ALWAYS, going to have a complaint.
                      And your point? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

And your point? LOL
                        No matter the selection process, someone's gonna hate it or think it sucks. I'm not smart enough to figure out the "best solution" haha

But if the 4th best team in the MIAA or GLIAC or GSC deserves to be in I'm all for it. Saginaw would've beaten 3 of the SR2 teams by 2 scores minimum

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

And your point? LOL
                          Exactly. Put the best teams in!!
                          Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

and in other news, water is wet. If you want to make the playoffs, don't lose more than 2 games.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post

and in other news, water is wet. If you want to make the playoffs, don't lose more than 2 games.
                              I try telling people that. They don't like it. Or don't make 1 of your losses to a turd or get beat by a billion

Comment

I try telling people that. They don't like it. Or don't make 1 of your losses to a turd or get beat by a billion
                                don't lose to a walking cheeseburger!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X