Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend Attendance

This is always a weird week for attendance. But I always find it interesting to look at attendance numbers this week. Here are the official attendance figures for the weekend.
    ​​​​​​
    Benedict - 5,719

Shepherd - 5,291

Grand Valley State - 4,049

Angelo State - 3,956

Ferris State - 2,312

Colorado Mines - 2,142

IUP - 1,295

Delta State - 1,059

I asked in the PSAC forum if the 1,295 is somewhat realistic of the size of the crowd they saw today. I was at Ram Stadium today and I would have guessed right around 6,000. The place was packed--the home side, the visiting side (with both Shepherd and Slippery Rock fans), the pavilion, the wall and countless others standing around.

Of course the standard disclaimer in D2 is that attendance figures are unscientific and range from actual ticket numbers to a WAG.

Comment

The Delta numbers were probably suppressed by a significant amount due to pouring rain and 50 degree temps.

Comment

Of the 1200 at IUP, probably 400-500 were Ashland fans

Comment

Originally posted by eagler927 View Post
          Of the 1200 at IUP, probably 400-500 were Ashland fans
          I believe that. IUP has been dead at times. I can't imagine it without students on campus.

Comment

Originally posted by Argonut View Post
            The Delta numbers were probably suppressed by a significant amount due to pouring rain and 50 degree temps.
            I won't lie. The 50 degree temps made me laugh a bit. I get the rain, though.

Comment

If Shepherd would have played IUP this weekend, we would have had a bigger fan base. Hope for a bigger crowd next weekend so the home fans can go home disappointed.

Comment

Mines stadium holds about 4500 and I’ve been at sell outs. I think they can sell more than 4500 tickets because of the standing room and beer garden. This felt about 3/4 full though and felt more full than last week which by official counts had about 10 more people. What I can say is that kids under 12 don’t get counted because they don’t buy tickets or get them scanned. There were a lot of kids there yesterday. I’m seriously skeptical of the count.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneBlastin View Post
                  Mines stadium holds about 4500 and I’ve been at sell outs. I think they can sell more than 4500 tickets because of the standing room and beer garden. This felt about 3/4 full though and felt more full than last week which by official counts had about 10 more people. What I can say is that kids under 12 don’t get counted because they don’t buy tickets or get them scanned. There were a lot of kids there yesterday. I’m seriously skeptical of the count.
                  I honestly think there is a bit of a guess element with all D2 counts.

Comment

D2 attendance numbers can never be trusted. I've seen the same sized crowd at LR be counted as over 8,000 and under 4,000. Just depends on the week and how much effort the school wants to put into that attendance figure.

Comment

Last time GV hosted Ferris in the playoffs, in 2018, they had 12,177 in attendance. Hoping for much of the same this week.
                      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by ShepFan1 View Post
                        If Shepherd would have played IUP this weekend, we would have had a bigger fan base. Hope for a bigger crowd next weekend so the home fans can go home disappointed.
                        Or, so it's a similar ride back to WV as it was 3 weeks ago.

IUP averaged about 4,500 for the season. Last week was awful. I suspect a more-typical sized crowd this week with the students back. The basketball game across the parking lot nearly had a bigger gate than the football game (football had just 200 more).

As a fan, I could care less about the students at Miller Stadium. They don't really provide much other than the headcount. The band not being there was a huge setback.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

I honestly think there is a bit of a guess element with all D2 counts.
                          Pitt scans bar codes, so their counts should be accurate, but they aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by Argonut View Post
                            Yeah, and the football team is still building momentum from having down years. 8 of the top 10 most attended games of all time at DSU happened from 2010-2017, because the team was HOT during those years. Our highest attended game this year was Pig Pickin' and we don't have an official number for that. Our highest number officially was only 3,000 for homecoming (but anyone who went to both saw clearly that there were at least twice as many people at Pig Pickin' than homecoming).

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
                              Last time GV hosted Ferris in the playoffs, in 2018, they had 12,177 in attendance. Hoping for much of the same this week.
                              That was 2016

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X