Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferris State's Tyrese Hunt-Thompson disqualified from remainder of playoffs

http://www.ncaa.org/news/2022/12/9/m...t-athlete.aspx

Probably lucky if that's all it ends up being after he went Myles Garrett on someone.

Last edited by KleShreen; 12-09-2022, 03:22 PM.
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

So he is in the same boat as the entire Grand Valley State football team and will watch from home. Got it! ;)

Comment

Originally posted by D2expert View Post
      So he is in the same boat as the entire Grand Valley State football team and will watch from home. Got it! ;)
      If that's what you gathered by someone committing a violent, unlawful act, I don't know what to tell you but to re-evaluate your life.

Comment

What became of the coach for Grand Valley that started this incident? Still on the payroll? Why aren't we discussing that aspect?

Comment

What became of the coach for Grand Valley that started this incident? Still on the payroll? Why aren't we discussing that aspect?
          You mean the guy who DIDN'T get violent and assault anyone?

Comment

Started what? Typical BSdog attitude.. Blame someone else.. with no knowledge of what really occurred.

Comment

How big of a loss is this for Ferris State on the field? Significant or replaceable?
              * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
              * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
              * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
              * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Probably as significant as Argos losing Durden for game.

Comment

Originally posted by Argonut View Post
                  Probably as significant as Argos losing Durden for game.
                  I would put that under the category of very significant.
                  * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS

Comment

Ferris has appealed it...I think he can play tomorrow? They say yea...its looks bad but...LOL...unreal...

Comment

Doubt they would appeal it if it wasn't a star player. Double standard Ferris State. Don't let him play. He tried to take off someones head with a helmet.
                      * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

Started what? Typical BSdog attitude.. Blame someone else.. with no knowledge of what really occurred.
                        Not saying it was the right thing to do. No one says violence is OK. What were the GVSU coaches and staff doing around him. Did he just see them and started swinging his helmet. I am sure stupid S%^* was said. He will be punished for his act but again stop acting like the choir boy victims… I recall years in the visitor stands at GVSU where golf balls were being thrown at the Ferris crowd. So just stop the victim complex and choir boy stuff. It was totally wrong on his part.

Comment

Originally posted by FSUBulldog27 View Post

Not saying it was the right thing to do. No one says violence is OK. What were the GVSU coaches and staff doing around him. Did he just see them and started swinging his helmet. I am sure stupid S%^* was said. He will be punished for his act but again stop acting like the choir boy victims… I recall years in the visitor stands at GVSU where golf balls were being thrown at the Ferris crowd. So just stop the victim complex and choir boy stuff. It was totally wrong on his part.
                          I'm not acting like they were choir boys. FSU players came across the field and also went to the cheer leaders AND student sections. They did it for one purpose and you know what it is. Nothing like celebrating with the opposition vs ones own fans eh?

And you're saying it's not the right thing to do. So what are you saying?.. Yet there has been no apology by ANYONE from FSU. None. They didn't say violence is OK, but they didn't condemn it with any action. In fact they are appealing the punishment handed down by the NCAA. A light one at that.

They trashed the locker room, physically encountered Cheerleaders and other GV personnel, used crude remarks targeted at parents of players and their siblings. And this is after a win? I saw no class... none, from the Ferris contingent. Even TA only said that "we are family." Well, if you want to be part of that family, fine, but personally, I have no respect for that type of behavior. Mistakes happen, but this isn't the first time with this coach. FSU's admin, and apparently HC, just look the other way. This isn't just about an occasional bird or message board rants. I'm talking physical damages and personal physical interfaces.

And he'll be punished? Really? by who?

Don't count on me responding in the future since you're not seeing much in the wrong and I may embarrass myself with how I really feel. What's sad is that I suspect that there are great people at FSU, but sadly, the way the university is accepting and handling this behavior severely overshadows them.

And just to rub some salt in the wound.... I find it amusing that one of Ferris's most used "motto" is based on it's rivals. They can't even come up with their own. What does an anchor have to do with a Bsdog anyway?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X