Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Annese looks like...

Tony Annese looks like a police chief that is a month away from retirement that spends most of his day in the office drinking coffee and saying things like, "I've seen it all in this town in the last 32 years."
    * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
    * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
    * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Drain commissioner about to be re-elected for his 19th straight term, runs an NIL collective for a mid-south FCS school, shakes down local developers and businesses for donations to avoid environmental audits.

Comment

Looks like a 2-Time National Champ

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
        Looks like a 2-Time National Champ
        Yeah, that two. He's won everywhere he's been.

Comment

I am shocked nobody in D1 hired him a year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
            I am shocked nobody in D1 hired him a year ago.
            He'll never be in D1.
            2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

He'll never be in D1.
              Why not? He’s proven he can build a powerhouse team…

I don’t know much about him but two nattys in a row speaks for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Why not? He’s proven he can build a powerhouse team…

I don’t know much about him but two nattys in a row speaks for themselves.
                Too much baggage from this stop and previous stops.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Too much baggage from this stop and previous stops.
                  So....he cheats.

Got it.

The top teams in D2 are very good cheaters.

:-)

Comment

I'm not sure how much Annese has been accused of cheating, but I think its more of his team discipline and culture that is referenced. I dont think NWMSU cheats. Nor PSU...
                    Furthermore, I think some of these claims of schools able to use state funding for scholarships needs to be backed up.

Comment

Annese is exactly where he wants to be. I hope he's working on getting a new stadium built with the new AD (probably be named after him). All this baggage crap is just that. If a coach want's to build his legacy where he's at, that's cool. He's sent a ton of assistants off who are coaching at D1 schools. Amazing how people who have no affiliation with a school or coach pretend to be experts about them.

Comment

Annese is exactly where he wants to be. I hope he's working on getting a new stadium built with the new AD (probably be named after him). All this baggage crap is just that. If a coach want's to build his legacy where he's at, that's cool. He's sent a ton of assistants off who are coaching at D1 schools. Amazing how people who have no affiliation with a school or coach pretend to be experts about them.
                        Who needs to be experts? It's all out in the open. The recruiting (and subsequent starting) of a convicted murderer at GRCC, the closing down of the GRCC program because his coaches paid for player housing, incidents at Ferris where he has been suspended, use of an ineligible player at Ferris, and most recently a suspension of a player for on-field behavior. What experts does it take to recognize those things?

Comment

First, there's 1 incident he was suspended for because he shook and pounded on a couple of players shoulder pads trying to motivate them at half time of a game 10 yrs ago. From other players who witnessed it, it wasn't that big a deal. The ineligible player had nothing to do with him. That was a school compliance issue. Kid get's suspended for on-field behavior, yeah that's gonna really keep schools away. If you're going to hold what a kid does on and off the field directly against a coach, there's going to be a long unemployment line of coaches out there.

As far as GRCC.. https://www.mlive.com/smallcolleges/..._football.html

What else you got?

So let's look at reality:
                          92-15 Muskegon High................State Champs 2004, 2006 & 2008
                          30-4 Grand Rapids CC...............NJCAA National Champs 2009
                          115-17 Ferris State.....................2 x National Champion - Playoffs 8 out of 10 years

Keep pretending to be an expert. If he wants to leave and coach at a higher level, he can.

Comment

First, there's 1 incident he was suspended for because he shook and pounded on a couple of players shoulder pads trying to motivate them at half time of a game 10 yrs ago. From other players who witnessed it, it wasn't that big a deal. The ineligible player had nothing to do with him. That was a school compliance issue. Kid get's suspended for on-field behavior, yeah that's gonna really keep schools away. If you're going to hold what a kid does on and off the field directly against a coach, there's going to be a long unemployment line of coaches out there.

As far as GRCC.. https://www.mlive.com/smallcolleges/..._football.html

What else you got?

So let's look at reality:
                            92-15 Muskegon High................State Champs 2004, 2006 & 2008
                            30-4 Grand Rapids CC...............NJCAA National Champs 2009
                            115-17 Ferris State.....................2 x National Champion - Playoffs 8 out of 10 years

Keep pretending to be an expert. If he wants to leave and coach at a higher level, he can.
                            Again, doesn't take an expert.

• Significant personal obstacles faced by GRCC student-athletes in the football program, many who are from out-of-state, as they try to manage off-campus living arrangements, financial aid, course schedules and football obligations.
                            Weird: https://thecollegiatelive.com/2012/0...-njcaa-bylaws/

I saw you left out the one about recruiting and starting a convicted murderer: https://www.mlive.com/sports/grand-r...eating_de.html

Comment

Soooo happy I decided to check back in with the D2 board....Exactly what I was needing.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X