Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See you left this part out...

Athletic director Wells said these rulings had little to do with canceling the program.

β€œIt had zero, not one ounce to do with the canceling of the program,” Wells said. β€œI have seen the highs and lows of the program and calls to cancel it have been going on since 1985.”

I saw you left out the one about recruiting and starting a convicted murderer: https://www.mlive.com/sports/grand-r...eating_de.html
    1 of 5 who got convicted of manslaughter after a fight. Served 6 months in jail. Got out. And got a 2nd chance and tried to make the most of it. I'm sure you read the article. Sad how you like to cherry pick and frame tragic events of peoples lives to fit your narrative in trying to put a coach down. Says a lot about you.

"He's not looking for approval. He knows what he did. You can talk about self-defense, about how Kent County Circuit Judge Christopher Yates said Therriault was the least culpable of the five defendants and "did not intend to kill anyone."

Said Therriault: "I made a mistake, and I learned from it."

The lessons? Ones such as "think before you act" and "if you see trouble coming, go the other way."

Talk and think all you want about the past. Therriault, who turned 20 in June, is focused on the future.

"I should never have been at that place," he said. "It was the worst-case scenario ever. That was the only thing in my life I have ever regretted. In jail, you just do a self-evaluation all the time. You cannot believe this is me, sitting here, doing this."
    Luckily most ADs do their due diligence and don't depend on your bastardized reporting before they reach out and make contact with coaches.
    Last edited by DawgUp; 01-05-2023, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
      I'm not sure how much Annese has been accused of cheating, but I think its more of his team discipline and culture that is referenced. I dont think NWMSU cheats. Nor PSU...
      Furthermore, I think some of these claims of schools able to use state funding for scholarships needs to be backed up.
      I was being facetious. I know nothing about the man.

Comment

While we're talking due diligence, how about this cherry from a few years ago:
        http://www.si.com/college/2020/01/30...itler-comments

"This is probably not going to get a good review, but I’m going to say Adolf Hitler," Berger replied. "It was obviously very sad and he had bad motives, but the way he was able to lead was second-to-none. How he rallied a group and a following, I want to know how he did that. Bad intentions of course, but you can’t deny he wasn’t [sic] a great leader."

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
          While we're talking due diligence, how about this cherry from a few years ago:
          http://www.si.com/college/2020/01/30...itler-comments

You mean the guy who was then fired immediately? Crazy how that works.
          2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

See you left this part out...

1 of 5 who got convicted of manslaughter after a fight. Served 6 months in jail. Got out. And got a 2nd chance and tried to make the most of it. I'm sure you read the article. Sad how you like to cherry pick and frame tragic events of peoples lives to fit your narrative in trying to put a coach down. Says a lot about you.

Luckily most ADs do their due diligence and don't depend on your bastardized reporting before they reach out and make contact with coaches.
            Ah, yes. Blame me for the guy who killed someone and then was promptly recruited by your coach lol. There's plenty of things I'm willing to give "second chances" to. Killing someone is not one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

You mean the guy who was then fired immediately? Crazy how that works.
              Yeah, crazy how he got hired there in the first place.

Comment

Yeah, crazy how he got hired there in the first place.
                ??? Were they supposed to.......tell the future?

It's not like he, I don't know, killed someone before getting put on the team.

Comment

Ah, yes. Blame me for the guy who killed someone and then was promptly recruited by your coach
                  Why don't you get your facts straight before posting. TA did not promptly recruit him. His father played at GRCC and went to an assistant coach to ask about his son playing for them. This is exactly what I'm talking about. You come on here spouting off like you know so much, like everything is a fact and you don't know squat.

There's plenty of things I'm willing to give "second chances" to. Killing someone is not one of them
                  Yeah he's a stone cold murderer (smfh)....

"I think Casey had a great self-defense argument that the others did not have," said Richard Zambon, Therriault's criminal defense attorney. "If you hit me, I have a right to defend myself. Krystiniak threw the first punch, and Casey used the appropriate amount of force. It was not his intent to do any harm.
                  "Casey had a great case, but what would a jury decide? It was not worth finding out, not worth him spending five to 15 years in prison. We accepted the plea."
                  But I'm thankful TA does give kids 2nd chances. Maybe that's why he's won state titles and national championships at every level he's been, and you're on this board riding his nutbucket calling him the best coach in Division 2 (to justify how good you're team is of course).

Casey Therriault's learning includes weight lifting as well as nightly life lessons conducted by Annese in the classroom for the whole team after practice. One of the first lessons was that it is better to suffer the pain of discipline than the pain of regret.

"You pay your dues, you deal with the downturns and then you move on," Annese said. "We are not going to win as a society or a country by casting people off. I want to give kids, all kids, the opportunity to succeed. Casey, as much as anyone, deserves a second chance."

Comment

First, there's 1 incident he was suspended for because he shook and pounded on a couple of players shoulder pads trying to motivate them at half time of a game 10 yrs ago. From other players who witnessed it, it wasn't that big a deal. The ineligible player had nothing to do with him. That was a school compliance issue. Kid get's suspended for on-field behavior, yeah that's gonna really keep schools away. If you're going to hold what a kid does on and off the field directly against a coach, there's going to be a long unemployment line of coaches out there.

As far as GRCC.. https://www.mlive.com/smallcolleges/..._football.html

What else you got?

So let's look at reality:
                    92-15 Muskegon High................State Champs 2004, 2006 & 2008
                    30-4 Grand Rapids CC...............NJCAA National Champs 2009
                    115-17 Ferris State.....................2 x National Champion - Playoffs 8 out of 10 years

Keep pretending to be an expert. If he wants to leave and coach at a higher level, he can.
                    How about the stops before that at Jenison, AA Pioneer and Jenison before he got to Muskegon? Let's talk about those and the very bitter taste he left in the mouths of people in AA and Jenison after his run at those schools? Why? In large part because he was expected to actually be a teacher first and coach football second. He has admitted that he didn't want to teach history at one of those stops and that was why he left that position.

At Muskegon high he found a school and an administration desperate to get back to what they once were and an administration that was willing to overlook certain things in order to have a succesful program. They found a coach who was willing to stretch (very far) some rules in order to get the players he needed playing at Muskegon. Once those players outlived their usefulness, they also stopped getting treated the same way.

I know for a fact one of his "out of district" football players who somehow ended up at Muskegon was expelled for assulting a staff member at the school. This was after football season and the player really didn't want to be there, so he was causing problems including getting into a right at the school. When a member of the schools staff attempted to intervene, that staff member was shoved into a wall by the individual in question. It was blown off by TA afterwards, but thankfully not by the administration. The player had outlived his usefulness to the program, so it was time to move on.

I know TA was all for giving people "second chances" and he has done that everywhere he has been, but at times I do feel he has crossed certain ethical lines to do so.

Comment

IDK, man. Calling the kid in the article above a murderer is an outright lie at best, and sounds like raving insanity at the worst. The fact that Kle spouts this stuff in every thread, and makes 90% of the GV related posts, gives the rest of the board the impression that GV fans are all whiny arses. (Except monster. He's the coolest.)

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                        IDK, man. Calling the kid in the article above a murderer is an outright lie at best, and sounds like raving insanity at the worst. The fact that Kle spouts this stuff in every thread, and makes 90% of the GV related posts, gives the rest of the board the impression that GV fans are all whiny arses. (Except monster. He's the coolest.)
                        Sorry, you're right. Therriault served his court-mandated time for being guilty of manslaughter. His name shouldn't be getting constantly brought up. It is the coach who used the "win at all costs" mentality that willingly brought someone on to a team after knowing they were found to be partly responsible for the death of another human being which is the issue. Especially considering that coach is the best in the country at what he does and shouldn't have to resort to such drastic actions.

Comment

Sorry, you're right. Therriault served his court-mandated time for being guilty of manslaughter. His name shouldn't be getting constantly brought up. It is the coach who used the "win at all costs" mentality that willingly brought someone on to a team after knowing they were found to be partly responsible for the death of another human being which is the issue. Especially considering that coach is the best in the country at what he does and shouldn't have to resort to such drastic actions.
                          Knowing the circumstances of his case, I have zero issues with a coach.giving him a 2nd chance.

So for you any act which results in the death of another requires a life sentence of zero opportunities?

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Knowing the circumstances of his case, I have zero issues with a coach.giving him a 2nd chance.

So for you any act which results in the death of another requires a life sentence of zero opportunities?
                            An act which results in the death of someone? Yes. Absolutely.

Comment

where do you stand on the dozens of rapists who get 2nd chances in sports every year?

Comment

So hunting accident, car crash, daring your buddy to do a gainer off the high dive, medical malpractice, faulty car repairs,, etc... Those all deserve a life sentence of no job, no home, etc...

I call bs.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X