Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    where do you stand on the dozens of rapists who get 2nd chances in sports every year?
    They're despicable.
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

So hunting accident, car crash, daring your buddy to do a gainer off the high dive, medical malpractice, faulty car repairs,, etc... Those all deserve a life sentence of no job, no home, etc...

I call bs.
      Hunting accident - no, unless the person was under the influence and/or intentionally did something
      Car crash - no, unless the person was under the influence and/or intentionally did something
      Daring - yes (as people have been found in violation of the law when imploring others to commit suicide)
      Medical malpractice - yes (since malpractice implies something being intentionally done that is not needed and/or knowingly the wrong choice)
      Faulty car repair - no, unless the person was under the influence and/or intentionally did something

You seem to be unable to reconcile the clear difference between being directly involved (like actively beating someone), and an accident (like your hypothetical hunting, car crash, or car repair I guess?). Choosing to participate in the assault of a person which results in their death is not an accident.

Comment

Welcome to the justice board...what the **** ever happened to the D2 football board? SMH...

Comment

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post
          Welcome to the justice board...what the **** ever happened to the D2 football board? SMH...
          I'd be glad to have these conversations in the OT, but people are too scared to go there, so.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Hunting accident - no, unless the person was under the influence and/or intentionally did something
            Car crash - no, unless the person was under the influence and/or intentionally did something
            Daring - yes (as people have been found in violation of the law when imploring others to commit suicide)
            Medical malpractice - yes (since malpractice implies something being intentionally done that is not needed and/or knowingly the wrong choice)
            Faulty car repair - no, unless the person was under the influence and/or intentionally did something

You seem to be unable to reconcile the clear difference between being directly involved (like actively beating someone), and an accident (like your hypothetical hunting, car crash, or car repair I guess?). Choosing to participate in the assault of a person which results in their death is not an accident.
            You said "any act which results in the death of someone " now you have added several qualifiers that change your original statement.

I was just looking for clarity. Now I got it, and know where you are coming from. I have no problem seeing the difference. You just didn't communicate that originally.

Comment

I'd be glad to have these conversations in the OT, but people are too scared to go there, so.
              I used to go there, but it got boring.

Comment

You said "any act which results in the death of someone " now you have added several qualifiers that change your original statement.

I was just looking for clarity. Now I got it, and know where you are coming from. I have no problem seeing the difference. You just didn't communicate that originally.
                I assumed "act" would be taken to mean someone doing something specifically to cause harm.

Comment

I assumed "act" would be taken to mean someone doing something specifically to cause harm.

Condemned for life and never able to earn any opportunity to make up for it is such an extreme stance that I took your words literally and asked for clarity.

Comment

Didn't think a guy walking up to you punching you in the face and you defending yourself punching him back is choosing to participate in the assault of a person which results in their death. I'm sure in all of your self righteousness you would have turned the other cheek and also handed him the shirt off your back to keep him warm. You want to keep calling the guy a murderer, but it's people like you who are the reason he took a plea deal in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post

Didn't think a guy walking up to you punching you in the face and you defending yourself punching him back is choosing to participate in the assault of a person which results in their death. I'm sure in all of your self righteousness you would have turned the other cheek and also handed him the shirt off your back to keep him warm. You want to keep calling the guy a murderer, but it's people like you who are the reason he took a plea deal in the first place.
                      Considering I've never felt the need to hit anyone in my life, yea.

As I've already stated, his name or situation doesn't need to be brought up anymore. Hopefully both he and Annese have learned from the situation.

Comment

I don't think we ever settled daring somebody to do a gainer off of the high dive. Kle made a comment about imploring someone to commit suicide. That's a world away from "I bet you can't bunny-hop three kids in your driveway."

Comment

Well, This thread has certainly gone off the rails. We can argue about what TA did or didn’t do all day long. But here’s the bottom line. TA has been successful everywhere he’s been at every level. There’s a reason he’s not moved up from Ferris but I’ll save that conversation for when I’m with my tailgate buddies and throwing excrement against the wall to see what sticks. Having lived in West Michigan for a long, long time, I’ve heard the stories from people,who should know what they’re talking about. If you haven’t heard them, you’re either not a fan of football in W Michigan, or you’ve got your head in the sand. Personally, the only thing I really care about is will WOOSTER figure out how to beat him because, after all this, he’s still there.

Comment

Originally posted by chapmaja View Post

How about the stops before that at Jenison, AA Pioneer and Jenison before he got to Muskegon? Let's talk about those and the very bitter taste he left in the mouths of people in AA and Jenison after his run at those schools? Why? In large part because he was expected to actually be a teacher first and coach football second. He has admitted that he didn't want to teach history at one of those stops and that was why he left that position.

At Muskegon high he found a school and an administration desperate to get back to what they once were and an administration that was willing to overlook certain things in order to have a succesful program. They found a coach who was willing to stretch (very far) some rules in order to get the players he needed playing at Muskegon. Once those players outlived their usefulness, they also stopped getting treated the same way.

I know for a fact one of his "out of district" football players who somehow ended up at Muskegon was expelled for assulting a staff member at the school. This was after football season and the player really didn't want to be there, so he was causing problems including getting into a right at the school. When a member of the schools staff attempted to intervene, that staff member was shoved into a wall by the individual in question. It was blown off by TA afterwards, but thankfully not by the administration. The player had outlived his usefulness to the program, so it was time to move on.

I know TA was all for giving people "second chances" and he has done that everywhere he has been, but at times I do feel he has crossed certain ethical lines to do so.
                            He found a school that was willing to let him just coach and have student teachers do all of his teaching responsibilities. Also, he stretched those rules at Jenison as well. I can't speak to his times at AA and Montrose.

Also, the problem with always giving second chances is that consequences and learning responsibility for your own actions never seems to be a thing. If you have athletic talent, you can do as you please and still have the distinct privilege of playing college football.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X