Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    This one will be about Mines ability to stop the run. If they don't, they get boat raced. If they do, they will have a shot, and if they know how to win ugly, they have a real shot.
    that Minnesota game was a knock out drag out battle. More so than the other playoff games. Mines fought the hard fight there and came out even better in the remaining playoff games. It looks to me that Mines has been hard tested and proved their metal. Rising to the challenge and excitement of a National Championship could test the mental readiness however. Overall I don’t have doubt about Mines toughness physically or mentally- that are a mentally disciplined and tough team. I am eager to see in person the much talked about physicality of Ferris. Protect Matocha reasonably well and Mines should be in the game. If Ferris gets the run game going the D could have a longer day than normal, which was similar to Angelo who had more plays and more yards.

Will Ferris be that much more dominating than Angelo O?

Comment

Originally posted by EricCartman View Post

Ferris is so poor they can't even pay an EM, that's why this room isn't clean. It is no more complicated than that.
      Actually you might be right...Ferris had two girls bring a couple of their players helmets to the GV game operations people and ask if the GVSU equipment people had parts and could fix them for them...LOL...The GVSU staff got them fixed and returned them to the girls in about 10 minutes...same staff that had to clean up the locker room and those pictures were taken after the cleaning crew ( 4 of them ) had been in their and working for 15 minutes...trash is one thing but the mess they left by pissing on the rugs and other messes is another...but then...I guess thats normal for them. I hope that Ferris does a little better job in Texas this year, they left that locker room so bad with smoke and trash that the ISD almost did not renew the contract for this year and will decide again after this year if its work the hassle from a mess standpoint. Win the game, thats fine you earned it, but don't be a ****ing pig afterwards. Safe travels and a safe game.

Comment

Originally posted by DiggerAlum View Post

that Minnesota game was a knock out drag out battle. More so than the other playoff games. Mines fought the hard fight there and came out even better in the remaining playoff games. It looks to me that Mines has been hard tested and proved their metal. Rising to the challenge and excitement of a National Championship could test the mental readiness however. Overall I don’t have doubt about Mines toughness physically or mentally- that are a mentally disciplined and tough team. I am eager to see in person the much talked about physicality of Ferris. Protect Matocha reasonably well and Mines should be in the game. If Ferris gets the run game going the D could have a longer day than normal, which was similar to Angelo who had more plays and more yards.

The Ferris offense is pretty mediocre, tbh. You just have to stop the run. It's their D that dominates.

Comment

Originally posted by DiggerAlum View Post

There aren't a lot of head to head comparisons for Angelo vs. GLIAC teams. I would say the two offenses are similar as far as being balanced run/pass, the scheme is different. However in the semifinal game last week Ferris mostly just ran the ball down WF throat.

If we wanted to apply the transitive analysis, which is a popular comparative methodology here on the D2 message board. There was even a transitive victory parade last week.

A few samples for dissection
          1. We could start with the Valdosta team last year, who got out a ahead of Mines and Mines rallied late to get the score closer, in reality though Valdosta was pretty dominate most of the game. Final score was 34-31 V-state.
          2. Valdosta played Ferris the next week in the NC and the result was 58-17 Ferris
          3. The same Ferris team in the semifinals last year beat Shepherd 55-7, Mines over Shepherd this year 44-13
          4. Mines vs Grand Valley week 1, Mines loss by 3
          5. Grand Valley vs Ferris week 6, Ferris loss by 1
          6. Grand Valley vs Ferris quarter finals, Ferris win by 3
          7. Earlier this year West Florida beats V-state in OT 32-31
          8. Ferris beats WF 38-17

If you were so inclined you could try and put some weights on the games and the comparative margin of victory and build a model to statistically determine the winner.

I don't have the time for that, so my view is Ferris is big, physical, and fast. They can run the ball (QB, RB. WR) from the triple option and can hurt a defense in many ways. Last weeks game was a clinic in triple option play. Brandon Moore is going to have his hands full trying to shut them down (Pitt State and Grand Valley found a way to limit them, may be worth a watch to see what was effective). Best bet would be shut down the run if possible, and get pressure on the QB, maybe mug the receivers if they get behind you. Find a way to generate turnovers.

Their defense is also stingy the highest score against them this year was Signaw valley who put up 28 points. Points won't come as easy as they have in other games this year.

Fittingly this is the best team Mines will face, there are no free lunches, it's like taking a P-chem and Thermo Final on the same day.

I am excited for the game and I hope Mines can keep it close and find a way to get the victory. I also think Brandon Moore is going to help get these guys in the right mindset, being that he won a National Championship as a player, his leadership and experience will be invaluable. I'm still amazed it is only his first season as a head coach.

Ferris is defending champs, so they will be able to lean on that experience.

It is going to be David vs. Goliath, not many folks think Mines has a shot. Last week lots of folks were saying Ferris vs WF was the actual NC game, although in my opinion Pitt St and GV played Ferris much tougher.

Comment

I kind of want Ferris to win since they beat Pitt, but don't care much either way.

As far as stopping their O, Pitt's safety was asked in an interview how it went from Ferris killing them in the first quarter to Ferris getting stopped. He said that as a defense, they allowed some big plays, so they just decided to stop doing that.

So, there's the recipe for your D. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
              I kind of want Ferris to win since they beat Pitt, but don't care much either way.

As far as stopping their O, Pitt's safety was asked in an interview how it went from Ferris killing them in the first quarter to Ferris getting stopped. He said that as a defense, they allowed some big plays, so they just decided to stop doing that.

So, there's the recipe for your D. LOL
              Sounds like a recipe for success!

Comment

Originally posted by Wrecked Again View Post

There aren't a lot of head to head comparisons for Angelo vs. GLIAC teams. I would say the two offenses are similar as far as being balanced run/pass, the scheme is different. However in the semifinal game last week Ferris mostly just ran the ball down WF throat.

If we wanted to apply the transitive analysis, which is a popular comparative methodology here on the D2 message board. There was even a transitive victory parade last week.

A few samples for dissection
                1. We could start with the Valdosta team last year, who got out a ahead of Mines and Mines rallied late to get the score closer, in reality though Valdosta was pretty dominate most of the game. Final score was 34-31 V-state.
                2. Valdosta played Ferris the next week in the NC and the result was 58-17 Ferris
                3. The same Ferris team in the semifinals last year beat Shepherd 55-7, Mines over Shepherd this year 44-13
                4. Mines vs Grand Valley week 1, Mines loss by 3
                5. Grand Valley vs Ferris week 6, Ferris loss by 1
                6. Grand Valley vs Ferris quarter finals, Ferris win by 3
                7. Earlier this year West Florida beats V-state in OT 32-31
                8. Ferris beats WF 38-17

If you were so inclined you could try and put some weights on the games and the comparative margin of victory and build a model to statistically determine the winner.

I don't have the time for that, so my view is Ferris is big, physical, and fast. They can run the ball (QB, RB. WR) from the triple option and can hurt a defense in many ways. Last weeks game was a clinic in triple option play. Brandon Moore is going to have his hands full trying to shut them down (Pitt State and Grand Valley found a way to limit them, may be worth a watch to see what was effective). Best bet would be shut down the run if possible, and get pressure on the QB, maybe mug the receivers if they get behind you. Find a way to generate turnovers.

Their defense is also stingy the highest score against them this year was Signaw valley who put up 28 points. Points won't come as easy as they have in other games this year.

Fittingly this is the best team Mines will face, there are no free lunches, it's like taking a P-chem and Thermo Final on the same day.

I am excited for the game and I hope Mines can keep it close and find a way to get the victory. I also think Brandon Moore is going to help get these guys in the right mindset, being that he won a National Championship as a player, his leadership and experience will be invaluable. I'm still amazed it is only his first season as a head coach.

Ferris is defending champs, so they will be able to lean on that experience.

It is going to be David vs. Goliath, not many folks think Mines has a shot. Last week lots of folks were saying Ferris vs WF was the actual NC game, although in my opinion Pitt St and GV played Ferris much tougher.
                Pretty solid overview. However, I don't go with the David V Gol. thing. Mines is a very solid and talented team. Though they don't have NC experience, they are a very experienced bunch with playoff experience. They are also quite disciplined. For these reasons, I rate the game a toss up. Ferris is physical, no doubt. But they have continued to not play the smartest... Turnovers and penalties. One extra one at the right time in the Pitt or GV game and they'd be gone. It didn't happen, so we'll see em play Saturday. I'm thinking those engineers figure somethings out and pull out the win.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                  The BSdogs are playing for a Natty Sat. and all we mostly see from them are posts about GV from them. Yup, GV is irrelevant. I'm sure Mines are really concerned with Pueblo these days too. The Bsdogs fan base here sure speaks volumes.
                  That's because we enjoy you guys trying to find a way to make yourselves relevant this time of year. Mines game is going to be a good game. We know that. They're tough and they don't fear anyone. No need to for us to speculate and assume how we're more talented at every position than our opponent like some fan bases on here.

You have nothing to celebrate for your team at this point in the season. Weren't you suppose to be the favorites to win it all? With all your players coming back? And what do you have to show for it? At home watching the 2 teams you beat in the regular season play for the NC. Why, because you can't get it done on the field. Which is why you're waiting for one of those teams to win so you can validate yourself and say "we beat them in the regular season".

What a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post

That's because we enjoy you guys trying to find a way to make yourselves relevant this time of year. Mines game is going to be a good game. We know that. They're tough and they don't fear anyone. No need to for us to speculate and assume how we're more talented at every position than our opponent like some fan bases on here.

You have nothing to celebrate for your team at this point in the season. Weren't you suppose to be the favorites to win it all? With all your players coming back? And what do you have to show for it? At home watching the 2 teams you beat in the regular season play for the NC. Why, because you can't get it done on the field. Which is why you're waiting for one of those teams to win so you can validate yourself and say "we beat them in the regular season".

What a joke.
                    It seems super strange for you to be making posts like this while at the same time replying to the "Fire Mitchell" post in the GLIAC section, which was started by the GV fanbase. So what are you trying to accomplish here? I guess I'm just confused as to what you want GV people to post about or not post about because you appear to have a problem no matter what lol. You tell us what you want us to post about.
                    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

It seems super strange for you to be making posts like this while at the same time replying to the "Fire Mitchell" post in the GLIAC section, which was started by the GV fanbase. So what are you trying to accomplish here? I guess I'm just confused as to what you want GV people to post about or not post about because you appear to have a problem no matter what lol. You tell us what you want us to post about.
                      I could care less what you post about...I just enjoy you having nothing else to add to the post season...like I said, best time of the year. And have you also added "message board police" to your already status of "locker room cleaning police"? I would say that's too much on your plate, but not for Board Almighty..lol

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post

At home watching the 2 teams you beat in the regular season play for the NC. Why, because you can't get it done on the field.
                        This is an interesting perspective.

Comment

So, who's going to the game? I'll be there as media.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
                            So, who's going to the game? I'll be there as media.
                            I wil be there. Taking off from Florence SC tomorrow morning. About a 16 hour drive. Road trip.

Comment

I may go, only about 4 hours from Houston.

Comment

If Mines wins, it will be the third NC for an RMAC team.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X