Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Matocha is The Best Player in D2 Football

John Matocha is your 2022 Harlon Hill winner. A true winner on and off the field.

I would say he won the Harlon Hill.

I think you're being awfully hyperbolic by saying he's the "Best Player in D2 Football".
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Great job John...now finish the deal tomorrow with a nice Natty!

Comment

Caleb Murphy doesn't seem to happy. Called it a joke.

I don't blame him. But if he changed his name to Caleb Woodhead he would've won.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post
          Caleb Murphy doesn't seem to happy. Called it a joke.

I don't blame him. But if he changed his name to Caleb Woodhead he would've won.
          Murphy can shut up lol. He had half of his season sacks in three games, and he has 1 more sack and 2 TFL than he should based on video evidence from that Central Washington game.

He's a great player, but he wasn't a difference maker every week. He disappeared entirely quite frequently, for quarters at a time.

Then again, Matocha is also in a system offense for QB's that will leave their QB in even in blowouts to pad their stats, so maybe he has a point.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Murphy can shut up lol. He had half of his season sacks in three games, and he has 1 more sack and 2 TFL than he should based on video evidence from that Central Washington game.

He's a great player, but he wasn't a difference maker every week. He disappeared entirely quite frequently, for quarters at a time.

Then again, Matocha is also in a system offense for QB's that will leave their QB in even in blowouts to pad their stats, so maybe he has a point.
            How many sacks did Murphy get against Barrow? You can send a kid to school but you cant teach em class.

Comment

If you think Mines leaves their starters in during garbage time you haven’t been watching a lot of Mines football this year. Matocha has missed at least a full games worth of playing this season when Mines is in a blowout.

Comment

Yep, John is the MVP of D2 and deservedly so.

Comment

Originally posted by FortLewis4Lyfe View Post

If you think Mines leaves their starters in during garbage time you haven’t been watching a lot of Mines football this year. Matocha has missed at least a full games worth of playing this season when Mines is in a blowout.
                  Correct. Matocha would lead all QB stats if Mines keep him in to run up the score. They pulled him out consistently as / when the game was out of reach. Mines team and coaching staff have consistently been a class act.

Comment

Originally posted by FortLewis4Lyfe View Post

We must have different definitions of garbage time. I would say anything over 4 TD lead is garbage time. Matocha was out there throwing the ball while up 28+ against Adams, Chadron, Highlands, and Fort Lewis.

I'm not saying that can't be done. Go ahead and do it. I, personally, feel like this award should go to the best player, not the best statistics. Mines QBs have a history of winning this award because Mines has run a no-huddle, pass-happy offense for decades now. Whoever their starting QB is next year is going to also put up 4000 yards and 40+ TD's. That's all.

I'm interested to see what things look like tomorrow! Can change my entire mind!

Comment

Kle I usually respect what you have to say but I think you got this one wrong. I don’t think you can call it garbage time if you’re up 28 3 minutes into the second quarter. That happened in a lot of games for Mines this year but you can’t learn the bad habit of taking your foot off the gas. He was pulled in most instances midway through the third or sooner. You can’t call that padding stats.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneBlastin View Post

Kle I usually respect what you have to say but I think you got this one wrong. I don’t think you can call it garbage time if you’re up 28 3 minutes into the second quarter. That happened in a lot of games for Mines this year but you can’t learn the bad habit of taking your foot off the gas. He was pulled in most instances midway through the third or sooner. You can’t call that padding stats.
                        Yep, I concur

Comment

They didn't leave him in to pad stats though. You seem salty about anything that isn't GV, maybe post another pic of some trash on the floor and feel better about yourself.

Comment

We must have different definitions of garbage time. I would say anything over 4 TD lead is garbage time. Matocha was out there throwing the ball while up 28+ against Adams, Chadron, Highlands, and Fort Lewis.

I'm not saying that can't be done. Go ahead and do it. I, personally, feel like this award should go to the best player, not the best statistics. Mines QBs have a history of winning this award because Mines has run a no-huddle, pass-happy offense for decades now. Whoever their starting QB is next year is going to also put up 4000 yards and 40+ TD's. That's all.

I'm interested to see what things look like tomorrow! Can change my entire mind!
                            Yes, whoever their starting QB is next year will likely do that because it will be Matocha.

Mines on the season ran the ball 550 times and threw it 510 times.

Comment

Congrats to Matocha. He earned it on the field, like all the other finalists did.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X