Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

How many schools play D2 foosball in Kansas? Four. Seems easier to fundraise when there isn't much overlap .

There are 16 in Pennsylvania. We have 8 FCS foosball schools...and three FBS schools. Seems like we have an uphill battle when it comes to getting players at least in state...especially in a state with a lot of old people and a declining high school population..especially in the more conservative areas. I mean our starting QB is a transfer from your school.

Add in that zero state funds can be used for scholarships in PA while NW/GV and Ferris are fully funded by their states. So they have a huge head start. IUP is in the low 20's and that at the top of the public schools in the Pee Sack. Our privates can print coupons for students...so they are fully funded on paper based on the coupons.

Fund it or quit it is arrogance by the haves....but D2 is 95% made up of have nots. So really you want D2 to be about 10 teams playing a round robin for 4 months....while the other 152 teams just hope to be good in their region.
    Before you start comparing Kansas to Pennsylvania, check population. Pennsylvania has 4 times as many residents as Kansas. We are predominantly rural. We have 2 FBS schools. We have 7 junior colleges that play football that recruit a 150 players a year with the sales pitch of D1 dreams. The pool is not near as deep in the state of Kansas as as it is in the state of Pennsylvania. We are not using state money for scholarships. Scholarship money is private money raised through fee money and donations.

Comment

Originally posted by grlafxr View Post
      Before you start comparing Kansas to Pennsylvania, check population. Pennsylvania has 4 times as many residents as Kansas. We are predominantly rural. We have 2 FBS schools. We have 7 junior colleges that play football that recruit a 150 players a year with the sales pitch of D1 dreams. The pool is not near as deep in the state of Kansas as as it is in the state of Pennsylvania. We are not using state money for scholarships. Scholarship money is private money raised through fee money and donations.
      I've already run some numbers on that in one of these threads.

Comment

Originally posted by grlafxr View Post
        Pennsylvania is an old state. The population is large…but it’s not full of kids. The high schools here are dwindling fast.

Comment

Doesn’t even take into account the bazillion or so naia private schools that play football as well.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
            Doesn’t even take into account the bazillion or so naia private schools that play football as well.
            Actually it is a bit under 100 of the roughly 250 NAIA schools that play football according to the NCSA.

Comment

Originally posted by RedFromMI View Post

Actually it is a bit under 100 of the roughly 250 NAIA schools that play football according to the NCSA.
              The number of NAIA schools that play football is closer to 100.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

The number of NAIA schools that play football is closer to 100.
                That is what I said - the 250 number is the total number of NAIA schools.

Comment

Kansas has like 13 of them, I think.

Comment

You did. I don't know why I read it differently. That's probably a good example of why a person shouldn't do 50 things at the same time.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X