X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KleShreen
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Every level of the NCAA has a few haves and mostly have nots. It’s reality. I agree.

I think some (ok Kle) on here have said some regions should not get any playoff bids. D2 is a regional level. You want to be in national playoffs without regions you need to move up.
    SR1 teams can gladly have playoff spots if they actually beat some decent teams outside of their own region and then dominate their conference.

Leave a comment:

• KleShreen
    replied

Again, not provable until they actually do. It’s just you talking more **** because you have some complex.

My God what do they teach you people at GV?
    Yea it's not provable because your conference refuses to play anyone halfway decent outside of their own garbage super region, as I already showed. But hey, keep beating on the bottom of the SIAC and CIAA I guess lol.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied

I don't understand the whining.
    But you're the expert.

Leave a comment:

• KleShreen
    replied

Proof? That has never come up on our board. So I’m think you are just full of ****.

I’ll put that out on the IUP thread.
    You think IUP is going to come out and say "yea, we turned down a home-and-home with GVSU because we're scared of losing and we're usually a fringe playoff team so we can't afford losses in non-conference" ? Of course not.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Brandon View Post

All entities pay dues to the NCAA.

Even in a region less playoffs, I don't think a scenario in which half the MIAA teams make the playoffs is remotely possible. I would even be in favor of limiting selection to three teams per conference. Your scenario wouldn't be entertaining.

I think the loudest and most valid complaint is the way the bracket is set up after selection.

Funding is the biggest obstacle, but those can/should be overcome without the NCAA having to earn more money or allocating more to Division's II and III.
    Well...even in IUP's national heyday they never played anyone far in the early rounds of the playoffs. So even though they did not have actual regionds, they still paired teams up that were closer together.

This is just an exercise to see how the playoffs can be made up so the top teams in the MIAA, GLIAC and GSC all get the top seeds in every playoff and make the have nots grovel and force them to travel their fields every post season. In this scenario, IUP would never see a home playoff game because we would always been deemed inferior and forced on the road every time we made it in.

It's about making the playoff field in D2 more uneven and making the rich get richer.

The playoff format is fine. The elite always win the title. I don't understand the whining.

The fix is to flip the MIAA and NSIC in the regions. Teams in the Upper Plains are closer to Meatchicken than they are to Texastan.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied

If you read Matt's article it states that all conferences pay in to fund the tournament. I'm not sure you can ask conferences to pay in and then have the MIAA take up a ton of bids while many get one team or no team at all.

If the MIAA, GLIAC and GSC want the vast majority of playoff spots, they probably have to pay more to fund the playoffs and everyone pay less.

If you eliminate regions who is paying for some team in New Mexico to come to IUP in round one? Eliminating regions means a big increase in the travel budget for the NCAA to get teams to their destination.
    All entities pay dues to the NCAA.

Even in a region less playoffs, I don't think a scenario in which half the MIAA teams make the playoffs is remotely possible. I would even be in favor of limiting selection to three teams per conference. Your scenario wouldn't be entertaining.

I think the loudest and most valid complaint is the way the bracket is set up after selection.

Funding is the biggest obstacle, but those can/should be overcome without the NCAA having to earn more money or allocating more to Division's II and III.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

I am in favor of eliminating regions altogether. Even in that scenario, there are plenty of teams in SR1 that would make the playoffs and win some games.
    If you read Matt's article it states that all conferences pay in to fund the tournament. I'm not sure you can ask conferences to pay in and then have the MIAA take up a ton of bids while many get one team or no team at all.

If the MIAA, GLIAC and GSC want the vast majority of playoff spots, they probably have to pay more to fund the playoffs and everyone pay less.

If you eliminate regions who is paying for some team in New Mexico to come to IUP in round one? Eliminating regions means a big increase in the travel budget for the NCAA to get teams to their destination.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied

Every level of the NCAA has a few haves and mostly have nots. It’s reality. I agree.

I think some (ok Kle) on here have said some regions should not get any playoff bids. D2 is a regional level.
    I am in favor of eliminating regions altogether. Even in that scenario, there are plenty of teams in SR1 that would make the playoffs and win some games.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Ouachita Baptist would have demolished every team in SR1.
    Again, not provable until they actually do. It’s just you talking more **** because you have some complex.

My God what do they teach you people at GV?

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

GV has asked IUP for games every year for the last decade. But the only PSUCK teams willing to take them on are the bottom feeders who know they're not making the playoffs. Tell your IUP admins to sack up and stop running. At least the RMAC has some balls.

You sound like a Michigan fan going back to your record in the 80's and 90's lol.
    Proof? That has never come up on our board. So I’m think you are just full of ****.

I’ll put that out on the IUP thread.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Again, this is reflected in almost anything you would like to measure - D1, D3, Football, Basketball, Income, Beauty, Intelligence, etc.

I don't know many people that think a fourth MIAA or GLIAC team should get in over any team from any other conference. At least this year, the second MIAA team was in real jeopardy of not making the playoffs and had to play the other toughest teams in the round of 16.

I think some (ok Kle) on here have said some regions should not get any playoff bids. D2 is a regional level. You want to be in national playoffs without regions you need to move up.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    Originally posted by Redwing View Post

I see your point, but Saginaw? I don't know if they deserved to get in over an SR1 team, but I could see them beating them in a game. No issues for me for Saginaw not getting in. Though I also scratch my head about how Davenport did this season. I wouldn't be surprised if a few MIAA folks might see a pathway for a 3/4 MIAA team to get in. More so when the 2nd barely made it.
    No one was surprised that Davenport got blasted by Ferris in the playoffs. From a criteria versus common sense perspective, Saginaw would have been a better playoff participant.

Leave a comment:

• Redwing
    replied

Again, this is reflected in almost anything you would like to measure - D1, D3, Football, Basketball, Income, Beauty, Intelligence, etc.

I don't know many people that think a fourth MIAA or GLIAC team should get in over any team from any other conference. At least this year, the second MIAA team was in real jeopardy of not making the playoffs and had to play the other toughest teams in the round of 16.
    I see your point, but Saginaw? I don't know if they deserved to get in over an SR1 team, but I could see them beating them in a game. No issues for me for Saginaw not getting in. Though I also scratch my head about how Davenport did this season. I wouldn't be surprised if a few MIAA folks might see a pathway for a 3/4 MIAA team to get in. More so when the 2nd barely made it.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Truman state is a good example of just how different the level of play can be from conference to conference.

I think they won 2 conference games their last year in the MIAA. I think they only lost 2 the following year in the GLVC. Went 1-1 and 0-2 in noncon those years(Going from memory here, so I may be a little off. ) So the difference can be as much as 7 wins.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
    Every team in "in the game" or "playing close" at the opening kick off.
    I have always hated those types of statements.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X