Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Agree to disagree. Shepherd had more D2 wins and played more games, UNA had 9 D2 games. I don't think it hurt them in that discussion that the previous year they showed well too by beating GV.
    UNA got home field in several national championships, so it was fine.

Comment

I don't think it hurt them in that discussion that the previous year they showed well too by beating GV.
      I was thinking about that quote. When you say this, it contradicts the practice of using the metrics.

I looked it up, and Shepherd is 1-4 against non-SR1 teams going back to 2015. The average score was 38-16.

They haven't earned the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

UNA got home field in several national championships, so it was fine.
        Yep and they should have lost the first one ..a ****ing high school option offense getting off that lucky pass. Unbelievable IUP lost the game…but they did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post
          I think 11 weeks of MIAA games is torture.

Kle is just jacking with you. Like I said previously, in a 28 team playoff seeded nationally, many SR1 teams would still make it.
          Unless you use your Grand Poo Bah powers to convince the NCAA to drop regions and use more D1 blood money to fund those playoffs more power to you!

Comment

Now you're trolling. Nation got to you lol.
            Newberry, Saginaw Valley, Sioux Falls, Minnesota-Duluth, Emporia State, West Georgia all would have been more competitive against Colorado Mines in the semifinals than Shepherd was. 100% not a single shred of doubt in my mind.
            2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Newberry, Saginaw Valley, Sioux Falls, Minnesota-Duluth, Emporia State, West Georgia all would have been more competitive against Colorado Mines in the semifinals than Shepherd was. 100% not a single shred of doubt in my mind.
              Uhh... no. There is doubt in mine on those teams so I guess we'll just agree to disagree.

Comment

Uhh... no. There is doubt in mine on those teams so I guess we'll just agree to disagree.
                Saginaw Valley lost to the national champion by 5 points this year. Shepherd lost to the national runner-up by 31, who then lost to the national champion by 27. Shepherd also lost to last year's national champion by 48 when SVSU lost to that same national champion by 2. SVSU didn't make the playoffs in either year. So at best guesstimate, Shepherd would be a 4th-place team in the GLIAC the last two years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

I was thinking about that quote. When you say this, it contradicts the practice of using the metrics.

I looked it up, and Shepherd is 1-4 against non-SR1 teams going back to 2015. The average score was 38-16.

They haven't earned the benefit of the doubt.
                  In the context of at that moment in time Shepherd had played Delta State in 2010 and lost a closer than it looks 29-17 game. They beat GV their next time in the semi's. That was the data they had at that point going into the UNA decision.

Shepherd joined the PSAC then and apparently we got the bad mojo of that conference and now we also get smoked. Perhaps its the stink of the PSAC. I completely agree that based on the last couple year's results, in no way shape or form should the Rams get any benefit of the doubt when resumes are comparable. Give it to the stronger conference rep from the other region. There wasn't much of a peep for 1 loss Shepherd going to 2 loss Mines this year, and there shouldn't have been either.

Comment

Saginaw Valley lost to the national champion by 5 points this year. Shepherd lost to the national runner-up by 31, who then lost to the national champion by 27. Shepherd also lost to last year's national champion by 48 when SVSU lost to that same national champion by 2. SVSU didn't make the playoffs in either year. So at best guesstimate, Shepherd would be a 4th-place team in the GLIAC the last two years.
                    Transitive property huh? What about Michigan Tech only losing by 8 to Ferris? That 4-7 juggernaut surely would whoop everyone in Region 1 too right?

Come on dude, that stuff means nothing.

Comment

Nobody thinks Saggy Booby Valley is anything more than a warmer body than most of the other warmer bodies in the GLIAC that lay down and die for GV and Ferris Bueller every season.

I miss the 90’s when a GLIAC team on the IUP schedule was an automatic win. Good times.

:-)

Comment

Transitive property huh? What about Michigan Tech only losing by 8 to Ferris? That 4-7 juggernaut surely would whoop everyone in Region 1 too right?

Come on dude, that stuff means nothing.
                        Kinda means something when one team keeps losing by 4+ TD's and the other is losing by single digits.

Comment

• Meh, idk. Based on just the eye test, I think Shepherd was somewhere in between Washburn and UCO. Good enough to beat a really good team if everything went right, just not quite enough horses to do it regularly, though.

This is just 100 percent my opinion based on super limited exposure. I'm not married to the comparison. I just put them in that, "Pretty good in some areas, but huge weaknesses in others", category.

Comment

I'll give you SVSU, Emporia St, and West Georgia. The others are iffy at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                              Meh, idk. Based on just the eye test, I think Shepherd was somewhere in between Washburn and UCO. Good enough to beat a really good team if everything went right, just not quite enough horses to do it regularly, though.

This is just 100 percent my opinion based on super limited exposure. I'm not married to the comparison. I just put them in that, "Pretty good in some areas, but huge weaknesses in others", category.
                              The biggest issue with Pee Sack teams is we don’t have the horses on defense to keep up with the stronger teams in other regions. IUP had a tough defense in 2017 but we had Max Redfield who came from Notre Damexand he was quite the difference maker. Generally though our defenses are a turnstile on a national playing field and while we tend to get talented players on offense once they are down a lot on the scoreboard they can’t play their game.

Shepherd had a good enough defense for Region 1 but not for a national game in the Final 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

The biggest issue with Pee Sack teams is we don’t have the horses on defense to keep up with the stronger teams in other regions. IUP had a tough defense in 2017 but we had Max Redfield who came from Notre Damexand he was quite the difference maker. Generally though our defenses are a turnstile on a national playing field and while we tend to get talented players on offense once they are down a lot on the scoreboard they can’t play their game.

Shepherd had a good enough defense for Region 1 but not for a national game in the Final 4.
                                Yeah. I think depth is a difference for them, too.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X