Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post

What's the criteria for FCS playoffs?
    Load up the bracket with Big Sky and Missouri Valley schools and call it a day.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post

What's the criteria for FCS playoffs?
      I didn't bother meddling with the criteria too much... because honestly, D2 is way more transparent in that regard than FCS.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

lol why are you so obsessed with Grand Valley? Jealousy? I mean Grand Valley hasn't won a damn thing in so long according to you, yet they keep absolutely burying your team every time they play, so what does that say?
        I don't have a team, please keep up, your whining on here just makes you an easy target to have fun with. This same elitist attitude is why the last time GV even had a chance to play for the natty they choked to SR1. 😘

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Leaving out conferences below 36 scholarships would've left out a recent NC winner, much more recent than even almighty Grand Valley's last natty. Doesn't seem at all perfect, just elitist.
          That would be an unfortunate side effect, but do you think the PO field being watered down with those teams hasn't changed the final outcome at least once, as well? Playoff welfare doesn't seem perfect, just political.

Comment

I don't have a team, please keep up, your whining on here just makes you an easy target to have fun with. This same elitist attitude is why the last time GV even had a chance to play for the natty they choked to SR1. 😘
            lol you don't have a team? I guess your constantly pumping up of Pueblo for the last 10 years is just a front? Perfect. Sorry your team keeps getting demolished by my crappy team.
            2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

lol you don't have a team? I guess your constantly pumping up of Pueblo for the last 10 years is just a front? Perfect. Sorry your team keeps getting demolished by my crappy team.
              I haven't had a team for years now homie. Sorry your team is the Dallas Cowboys of D2, next year is your year.

Comment

I haven't had a team for years now homie. Sorry your team is the Dallas Cowboys of D2, next year is your year.
                lmao sure you haven't. That's why 98% of your posts are in the RMAC about Pueblo lol. I guess I'll amend my statement. Sorry your entire conference keeps getting buried by my crappy team. Says quite a lot about your conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

That would be an unfortunate side effect, but do you think the PO field being watered down with those teams hasn't changed the final outcome at least once, as well? Playoff welfare doesn't seem perfect, just political.
                  An unfortunate side effect to the perfect playoff system is that the team that would win it all is left out? Honestly seems like that's a bit more than an unfortunate side effect.

Comment

lmao sure you haven't. That's why 98% of your posts are in the RMAC about Pueblo lol. I guess I'll amend my statement. Sorry your entire conference keeps getting buried by my crappy team. Says quite a lot about your conference.
                    And it says a lot about you that two teams from that crappy conference have made the natty but when GV had the chance well... that backup QB was just too good.

Comment

And it says a lot about you that two teams from that crappy conference have made the natty but when GV had the chance well... that backup QB was just too good.
                      That loss is viewed as one of the worst losses in school history. That same season in the RMAC is historic success.

Comment

That loss is viewed as one of the worst losses in school history. That same season in the RMAC is historic success.
                        This is the same attitude that team had going to Shepherd. They and their fans expected an easy win over an inferior SR1 program, then the starting QB goes down? Should be a blow out...right?

Really though there is no perfect bracket, someone will always have a decently valid complaint. March Madness used to have the 65th team complaining they should be in, now it's the 69th (nice) team doing the same. The. NCAA does not care about D2 football, and never will. Regions are here to stay for better or worse.

Comment

This is the same attitude that team had going to Shepherd. They and their fans expected an easy win over an inferior SR1 program, then the starting QB goes down? Should be a blow out...right?

Really though there is no perfect bracket, someone will always have a decently valid complaint. March Madness used to have the 65th team complaining they should be in, now it's the 69th (nice) team doing the same. The. NCAA does not care about D2 football, and never will. Regions are here to stay for better or worse.
                          Correct. That was also the #12 team in the country, having just beat the #3, #2, and #4 teams in the country, falling to the #5 team in the country. They weren't expected to win. It was by far the worst GV team to ever reach the semifinals. That's why they had to travel to Shepherd. They weren't expected to win. So I guess it's good that the top team in SR1 was able to defeat the #6 seed bubble team in an actual good SR by 2 points lol.

Comment

An unfortunate side effect to the perfect playoff system is that the team that would win it all is left out? Honestly seems like that's a bit more than an unfortunate side effect.
                            Maybe read my whole post first, then come back and read ......Et tu

Comment

We're they good enough to be there, or were they gifted the easy path.

Let's take this year for example. If NW or GV had traded places with Mines and had soft opponents to build confidence and get healthy against, do they make the natty, and maybe even beat Ferris? Does Mines still make the natty if they're in SR3?

Or look at Pueblo's run. Would they have had the depth to make the run if they played in a power conference and are starting 2nd-4th string guys at 4 or 5 of 11 spots on each side of the ball by PO time?

Idk the answers, but it's at least worth considering, and kind of fun to talk about.

Fwiw, the miaa as a conference has no leg to stand on until they dump the silo garbage.

Comment

Expand to 32, give auto bids to the 16 conferences. Give 2 more at large bids to each of the 4 regions. That leaves 8 spots, that should go to a committee to be chosen nationally regardless of region affiliation.

This gives the elitist schools basically an opportunity at 26 of the 32 playoff spots and only 6 teams from SR1 in some cases. Seed it all nationally how March Madness does it and see how it goes.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X