X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

No no that’s how entitled MIAA fans think it works.

I’ m sorry your middle teams can’t get playoff spots but they can’t beat your top teams so why do they need a playoff spot to lose to them again?

Region 1 gets 7 spots. It’s not changing.
    That's not even a strawman. It's just you pointing at empty space, and claiming there is a strawman.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Imagine the NFL taking the 2 worst AFC teams, and letting them play each other to determine who gets to play in the AFC championship game while Buffalo and Cinci sit at home.. Nobody would watch and the NFL would go broke.

That's basically how the D2 playoffs works in it's current state.
    No no that’s how entitled MIAA fans think it works. The top teams in this level always play in the finals. Nobody still watches. Nobody watched the FCS game either.

I’ m sorry your middle teams can’t get playoff spots but they can’t beat your top teams so why do they need a playoff spot to lose to them again?

Region 1 gets 7 spots. It’s not changing.
    Last edited by IUPNation; 01-09-2023, 03:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    The NFL has the 8-9 Buccaneers hosting the 12-5 Cowturds and the 9-8 Lions get to watch on TV.

There is no such thing as a perfect playoff bracket and life is not fair. The 4th 5th and 6th place MIAA teams just have to suck it up and Region 1 will continue to get its 7 spots.
    Imagine the NFL taking the 2 worst AFC teams, and letting them play each other to determine who gets to play in the AFC championship game while Buffalo and Cinci sit at home.. Nobody would watch and the NFL would go broke.

That's basically how the D2 playoffs works in it's current state.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    The NFL has the 8-9 Buccaneers hosting the 12-5 Cowturds and the 9-8 Lions get to watch on TV.

There is no such thing as a perfect playoff bracket and life is not fair. The 4th 5th and 6th place MIAA teams just have to suck it up and Region 1 will continue to get its 7 spots.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied

Well their union has been able to get very good contracts over the years despite the fact Harrisburg didn't fund the schools properly. Of course their membership took a hit recently with layoffs...IUP had quite a few.

Every public school in the PSAC has their professors in the same union...The Association of Pennsylvania State College and University Faculties or APSCUF.
    Yeah unions around here help with cya lawyers if needed, but have no stroke when it comes to contracts.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied

You can give money to athletes without calling them athletic scholarships.
    Sure. You can also find lots of athletes who get grants. Doing all of that, along with the 36 seems to be what it takes.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    I was wrong. Pitt's total endowment is 94.6 mil. It does fund some schollies, but I'm not sure how many are athletic vs. Academic.
    You can give money to athletes without calling them athletic scholarships.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    One thing worth noting is that IUP pays their profs much more than the miaa schools do. I'm not sure if that's the norm in the psac, though?

I realize.that it's a completely different pile if money than football budgets, but it's noteworthy.
    Well their union has been able to get very good contracts over the years despite the fact Harrisburg didn't fund the schools properly. Of course their membership took a hit recently with layoffs...IUP had quite a few.

Every public school in the PSAC has their professors in the same union...The Association of Pennsylvania State College and University Faculties or APSCUF.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    I was wrong. Pitt's total endowment is 94.6 mil. It does fund some schollies, but I'm not sure how many are athletic vs. Academic.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    One thing worth noting is that IUP pays their profs much more than the miaa schools do. I'm not sure if that's the norm in the psac, though?

I realize.that it's a completely different pile if money than football budgets, but it's noteworthy.

Leave a comment:

• GorillaTeacher
    replied

Then why are you guys always so much better?

It's not like Midwestern foosball players are genetically superior or anything.

Why do we struggle and you guys don't and don't only say scholarships.

Tulane who spends 5 million a year on foosball just beat USC who spends 30.

So it has to be more than just money.
    Former gorilla and MiAA coaches at Tulane, too. There are lots of reasons why any given team won any given day. But the reasons why it consistently happens is institutional.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    Nation I sent you a message on Facebook.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Brandon View Post

All the time. There are always players in Division II that could start at FBS schools.

No - was in response to the no competition comment.
    Then why are you guys always so much better?

It's not like Midwestern foosball players are genetically superior or anything.

Why do we struggle and you guys don't and don't only say scholarships.

Tulane who spends 5 million a year on foosball just beat USC who spends 30.

So it has to be more than just money.

Leave a comment:

• GorillaTeacher
    replied
    It’s not like you’re talking orders of magnitude older. You’re what~26% under 19?

Kansas is around ~30%

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied

So Northwest doesn’t get players who could start in FCS?
    All the time. There are always players in Division II that could start at FBS schools.

No - was in response to the no competition comment.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X