Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Ouachita Baptist would have demolished every team in SR1.
    Again, not provable until they actually do. It’s just you talking more **** because you have some complex.

My God what do they teach you people at GV?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Every level of the NCAA has a few haves and mostly have nots. It’s reality. I agree.

I think some (ok Kle) on here have said some regions should not get any playoff bids. D2 is a regional level.
      I am in favor of eliminating regions altogether. Even in that scenario, there are plenty of teams in SR1 that would make the playoffs and win some games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

I am in favor of eliminating regions altogether. Even in that scenario, there are plenty of teams in SR1 that would make the playoffs and win some games.
        If you read Matt's article it states that all conferences pay in to fund the tournament. I'm not sure you can ask conferences to pay in and then have the MIAA take up a ton of bids while many get one team or no team at all.

If the MIAA, GLIAC and GSC want the vast majority of playoff spots, they probably have to pay more to fund the playoffs and everyone pay less.

If you eliminate regions who is paying for some team in New Mexico to come to IUP in round one? Eliminating regions means a big increase in the travel budget for the NCAA to get teams to their destination.

Comment

If you read Matt's article it states that all conferences pay in to fund the tournament. I'm not sure you can ask conferences to pay in and then have the MIAA take up a ton of bids while many get one team or no team at all.

If the MIAA, GLIAC and GSC want the vast majority of playoff spots, they probably have to pay more to fund the playoffs and everyone pay less.

If you eliminate regions who is paying for some team in New Mexico to come to IUP in round one? Eliminating regions means a big increase in the travel budget for the NCAA to get teams to their destination.
          All entities pay dues to the NCAA.

Even in a region less playoffs, I don't think a scenario in which half the MIAA teams make the playoffs is remotely possible. I would even be in favor of limiting selection to three teams per conference. Your scenario wouldn't be entertaining.

I think the loudest and most valid complaint is the way the bracket is set up after selection.

Funding is the biggest obstacle, but those can/should be overcome without the NCAA having to earn more money or allocating more to Division's II and III.

Comment

All entities pay dues to the NCAA.

Even in a region less playoffs, I don't think a scenario in which half the MIAA teams make the playoffs is remotely possible. I would even be in favor of limiting selection to three teams per conference. Your scenario wouldn't be entertaining.

I think the loudest and most valid complaint is the way the bracket is set up after selection.

Funding is the biggest obstacle, but those can/should be overcome without the NCAA having to earn more money or allocating more to Division's II and III.
            Well...even in IUP's national heyday they never played anyone far in the early rounds of the playoffs. So even though they did not have actual regionds, they still paired teams up that were closer together.

This is just an exercise to see how the playoffs can be made up so the top teams in the MIAA, GLIAC and GSC all get the top seeds in every playoff and make the have nots grovel and force them to travel their fields every post season. In this scenario, IUP would never see a home playoff game because we would always been deemed inferior and forced on the road every time we made it in.

It's about making the playoff field in D2 more uneven and making the rich get richer.

The playoff format is fine. The elite always win the title. I don't understand the whining.

The fix is to flip the MIAA and NSIC in the regions. Teams in the Upper Plains are closer to Meatchicken than they are to Texastan.

Comment

Proof? That has never come up on our board. So I’m think you are just full of ****.

I’ll put that out on the IUP thread.
              You think IUP is going to come out and say "yea, we turned down a home-and-home with GVSU because we're scared of losing and we're usually a fringe playoff team so we can't afford losses in non-conference" ? Of course not.
              2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

I don't understand the whining.
                But you're the expert.

Comment

Again, not provable until they actually do. It’s just you talking more **** because you have some complex.

My God what do they teach you people at GV?
                  Yea it's not provable because your conference refuses to play anyone halfway decent outside of their own garbage super region, as I already showed. But hey, keep beating on the bottom of the SIAC and CIAA I guess lol.

Comment

Every level of the NCAA has a few haves and mostly have nots. It’s reality. I agree.

I think some (ok Kle) on here have said some regions should not get any playoff bids. D2 is a regional level. You want to be in national playoffs without regions you need to move up.
                    SR1 teams can gladly have playoff spots if they actually beat some decent teams outside of their own region and then dominate their conference.

Comment

Well...even in IUP's national heyday they never played anyone far in the early rounds of the playoffs. So even though they did not have actual regionds, they still paired teams up that were closer together.

This is just an exercise to see how the playoffs can be made up so the top teams in the MIAA, GLIAC and GSC all get the top seeds in every playoff and make the have nots grovel and force them to travel their fields every post season. In this scenario, IUP would never see a home playoff game because we would always been deemed inferior and forced on the road every time we made it in.

It's about making the playoff field in D2 more uneven and making the rich get richer.

The playoff format is fine. The elite always win the title.
                      It's not fine.

The best teams should get the top seeds. It doesn't matter what conference they play in.

I checked the past brackets to look at interesting first round matchups in the 16 team era.

Portland State v. Bowie State
                      Jacksonville State v. West Chester

Portland State v. West Chester
                      North Dakota State v. Edinboro

East Texas v. Grand Valley

UC Davis v. Fort Hays

Comment

You think IUP is going to come out and say "yea, we turned down a home-and-home with GVSU because we're scared of losing and we're usually a fringe playoff team so we can't afford losses in non-conference" ? Of course not.
                        You have zero proof. You are full of ****.

Comment

But you're the expert.
                          It’s not whining when you are always right and im
                          always right.

Ihave a better winning percentage than the Bearcats.

Comment

Yea it's not provable because your conference refuses to play anyone halfway decent outside of their own garbage super region, as I already showed. But hey, keep beating on the bottom of the SIAC and CIAA I guess lol.
                            The MIAA plays a full conference schedule. You literally played the worst team in Region 1 last season. Next.

Comment

SR1 teams can gladly have playoff spots if they actually beat some decent teams outside of their own region and then dominate their conference.
                              Then Brian Kelly never deserved a playoff bid when he sat at 0-6 against IUP..using your ****ed ip GV logic.

Comment

It's not fine.

The best teams should get the top seeds. It doesn't matter what conference they play in.

I checked the past brackets to look at interesting first round matchups in the 16 team era.

Portland State v. Bowie State
                                Jacksonville State v. West Chester

Portland State v. West Chester
                                North Dakota State v. Edinboro

UC Davis v. Fort Hays
                                How do you determine the best teams when your conference plays a conference only schedule? When nobody really travels far for games anymore because it’s too costly?

Your Bearcats have never played in Pennsylvania. How good would they be so far from hime? We’ll never know.

The only time IUP played you guys (on your field…where Friggen else) we barely made the playoffs that season. They Made it to the final four and only lost by 8 to the Bearcats. We ended up being one of the final four teams despite not having a record going into the playoffs thst said they’d get that far.

The only way you way works is everyone playing multiple farOOC games each season meaning your Bearcats would need to show their faces in Pennsylvania from time to time.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X