Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was wrong. Pitt's total endowment is 94.6 mil. It does fund some schollies, but I'm not sure how many are athletic vs. Academic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
      One thing worth noting is that IUP pays their profs much more than the miaa schools do. I'm not sure if that's the norm in the psac, though?

I realize.that it's a completely different pile if money than football budgets, but it's noteworthy.
      Well their union has been able to get very good contracts over the years despite the fact Harrisburg didn't fund the schools properly. Of course their membership took a hit recently with layoffs...IUP had quite a few.

Every public school in the PSAC has their professors in the same union...The Association of Pennsylvania State College and University Faculties or APSCUF.

Comment

I was wrong. Pitt's total endowment is 94.6 mil. It does fund some schollies, but I'm not sure how many are athletic vs. Academic.
        You can give money to athletes without calling them athletic scholarships.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

You can give money to athletes without calling them athletic scholarships.
          Sure. You can also find lots of athletes who get grants. Doing all of that, along with the 36 seems to be what it takes.

Comment

Well their union has been able to get very good contracts over the years despite the fact Harrisburg didn't fund the schools properly. Of course their membership took a hit recently with layoffs...IUP had quite a few.

Every public school in the PSAC has their professors in the same union...The Association of Pennsylvania State College and University Faculties or APSCUF.
            Yeah unions around here help with cya lawyers if needed, but have no stroke when it comes to contracts.

Comment

• The NFL has the 8-9 Buccaneers hosting the 12-5 Cowturds and the 9-8 Lions get to watch on TV.

There is no such thing as a perfect playoff bracket and life is not fair. The 4th 5th and 6th place MIAA teams just have to suck it up and Region 1 will continue to get its 7 spots.

Comment

The NFL has the 8-9 Buccaneers hosting the 12-5 Cowturds and the 9-8 Lions get to watch on TV.

There is no such thing as a perfect playoff bracket and life is not fair. The 4th 5th and 6th place MIAA teams just have to suck it up and Region 1 will continue to get its 7 spots.
                Imagine the NFL taking the 2 worst AFC teams, and letting them play each other to determine who gets to play in the AFC championship game while Buffalo and Cinci sit at home.. Nobody would watch and the NFL would go broke.

That's basically how the D2 playoffs works in it's current state.

Comment

Imagine the NFL taking the 2 worst AFC teams, and letting them play each other to determine who gets to play in the AFC championship game while Buffalo and Cinci sit at home.. Nobody would watch and the NFL would go broke.

That's basically how the D2 playoffs works in it's current state.
                  No no that’s how entitled MIAA fans think it works. The top teams in this level always play in the finals. Nobody still watches. Nobody watched the FCS game either.

I’ m sorry your middle teams can’t get playoff spots but they can’t beat your top teams so why do they need a playoff spot to lose to them again?

Region 1 gets 7 spots. It’s not changing.
                  Last edited by IUPNation; 01-09-2023, 03:09 PM.

Comment

No no that’s how entitled MIAA fans think it works.

I’ m sorry your middle teams can’t get playoff spots but they can’t beat your top teams so why do they need a playoff spot to lose to them again?

Region 1 gets 7 spots. It’s not changing.
                    That's not even a strawman. It's just you pointing at empty space, and claiming there is a strawman.

Comment

• I honestly don't care if any of the other MIAA teams make the playoffs, but calling teams who have spent the money and time to get good "entitled" while schools who haven't even put in the effort take playoff spots like they are participation trophies, is the silliest thing you have ever said.

Thanks for the laugh.

Comment

I honestly don't care if any of the other MIAA teams make the playoffs, but calling teams who have spent the money and time to get good "entitled" while schools who haven't even put in the effort take playoff spots like they are participation trophies, is the silliest thing you have ever said.

Thanks for the laugh.
                        Ten to Twelve schools have the money and they generally make up the teams in the finals. The other 150 schools fund at various levels. It’s called small college foosball for a reason.

There is no requirement to be at 36. You just can’t spend more. IUP had 24 this past season. Shepherd and Slimey Pebble are in the same range. We are more the norm in D2 and Pitt and NW are the exception. Of course some schools get fully funded by taxpayers and we know it but of course none of you will admit it. Where is it coming from?

Our region gets 7 spots. It’s not changing. Don’t like it, move up.

Just be happy you have a legit shot every year.
                        Last edited by IUPNation; 01-09-2023, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• It's important to differentiate the programs from the fans in some cases. If the fans don't like the D2 system, they should push for their schools to move up. But it may just be that the schools, by and large, are fine with the way the D2 system is set up. Or at least, fine enough to stay put.

Comment

• Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
                            It's important to differentiate the programs from the fans in some cases. If the fans don't like the D2 system, they should push for their schools to move up. But it may just be that the schools, by and large, are fine with the way the D2 system is set up. Or at least, fine enough to stay put.
                            I know the MIAA commissioner has spoken out about the flawed system several times. Not sure if others have done the same or not. Telling teams to move up is silly. I'm not in here telling teams to move down. [I do wish there was an option for those who wanted to do so in football only, though. I can't imagine what lies a coach would have to sell in order to get players to sign up for a team under an administration who doesn't even plan to try]

Comment

• There’s a reason why the names Plaster and Bicknell are everywhere on campus. I’d still like to see your evidence of schools using State funding for scholarships. What’s your average attendance?

Comment

Ten to Twelve schools have the money and they generally make up the teams in the finals. The other 150 schools fund at various levels. It’s called small college foosball for a reason.

There is no requirement to be at 36. You just can’t spend more. IUP had 24 this past season. Shepherd and Slimey Pebble are in the same range. We are more the norm in D2 and Pitt and NW are the exception. Of course some schools get fully funded by taxpayers and we know it but of course none of you will admit it. Where is it coming from?

Our region gets 7 spots. It’s not changing. Don’t like it, move up.

Just be happy you have a legit shot every year.
                                I'm willing to bet that more schools in D2 offer the full compliment of 36 scholarships than don't.
                                2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X