Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

I'm willing to bet that more schools in D2 offer the full compliment of 36 scholarships than don't.
    You’d lose that bet.

Technically Mercyhurst and Gannon are “fully funded”. IUP crushes Mercyhurst and Gannon finally beat IUP after a decade on their practice field of a stadium.

Anyone can cook their books. Do you think Wayne State is fully funded? They’ve been rolled by Slimy Pebble a few times. Slimy has about 21/22.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

You’d lose that bet.

Technically Mercyhurst and Gannon are “fully funded”. IUP crushes Mercyhurst and Gannon finally beat IUP after a decade on their practice field of a stadium.

Anyone can cook their books. Do you think Wayne State is fully funded? They’ve been rolled by Slimy Pebble a few times. Slimy has about 21/22.
      I am fairly confident that every school in the GLIAC, MIAA, and GSC offer the full 36 scholarships except for maybe 1 or 2 in each conference. I'm also guessing that more than half the schools in the RMAC, NSIC, and SAC offer the full 36.

It would be nice if these numbers were kept public anywhere.
      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Ten to Twelve schools have the money and they generally make up the teams in the finals. The other 150 schools fund at various levels. It’s called small college foosball for a reason.

There is no requirement to be at 36. You just can’t spend more. IUP had 24 this past season. Shepherd and Slimey Pebble are in the same range. We are more the norm in D2 and Pitt and NW are the exception. Of course some schools get fully funded by taxpayers and we know it but of course none of you will admit it. Where is it coming from?

Our region gets 7 spots. It’s not changing. Don’t like it, move up.

Just be happy you have a legit shot every year.
        Seriously. I have cleaned up more of your politics in the last week than the previous year. It stops now.

Comment

• Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
          It's important to differentiate the programs from the fans in some cases. If the fans don't like the D2 system, they should push for their schools to move up. But it may just be that the schools, by and large, are fine with the way the D2 system is set up. Or at least, fine enough to stay put.
          Or they could vote to change the rules within the system, like the PSAC and RMAC tried to do in 2004.

Comment

• Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

I'm willing to bet that more schools in D2 offer the full compliment of 36 scholarships than don't.
            That's an easy bet to lose. You need to pick a number other than 36, because 35.5 would be fully-funded for all intents and purposes but would cause one to lose against the semantics crowd.

Comment

• Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
              There’s a reason why the names Plaster and Bicknell are everywhere on campus. I’d still like to see your evidence of schools using State funding for scholarships. What’s your average attendance?
              5242 for Mercyhurst
              5429 for Slimy Pebble
              4105 for Seton Hill
              5927 for Clarion
              3878 for Shepherd for The State Game played in bad weather.
              1295 for Ashland no students on campus.
              1389 for Shepherd Again. It was good nobody watched that disaster.

Your school only sponsors 5 sports a piece for men and women. I bet the vast majority of athletic money is going to just one sport. IUP has 7 for men and 10 for the ladies. Sone Pee Sack school spend on D1 Wrestling. You guys only make assumptions that we aren’t trying but really your schools dump the whole budget on foosball.

Comment

5242 for Mercyhurst
                5429 for Slimy Pebble
                4105 for Seton Hill
                5927 for Clarion
                3878 for Shepherd for The State Game played in bad weather.
                1295 for Ashland no students on campus.
                1389 for Shepherd Again. It was good nobody watched that disaster.

Your school only sponsors 5 sports a piece for men and women. I bet the vast majority of athletic money is going to just one sport. IUP has 7 for men and 10 for the ladies. Sone Pee Sack school spend on D1 Wrestling. You guys only make assumptions that we aren’t trying but really your schools dump the whole budget on foosball.

Maybe you don’t need to sponsor so many sports. I believe all 10 of our sports are fully funded. But it’s different when 1 sport has 120 scholarship players, and the next closest has maybe 20.

Comment

Maybe you don’t need to sponsor so many sports. I believe all 10 of our sports are fully funded. But it’s different when 1 sport has 120 scholarship players, and the next closest has maybe 20.
                  Why should students athletes in other sports be penalized?
                  Your men’s basketball team is bad. They should drop down. :-)

Comment

• We just canned our head coach that had spent the the last couple years phoning it in after D1 stints and a D2 national championship career. I have no doubt the school is committed to getting a National winning program built. What’s being penalized about not offering sports to have warm bodies and increase your enrollment?

I wish I could find that spread sheet someone shared about Pitts scholarship funding. Iirc all 10 were close to full equivalency funded.

Comment

We just canned our head coach that had spent the the last couple years phoning it in after D1 stints and a D2 national championship career. I have no doubt the school is committed to getting a National winning program built. What’s being penalized about not offering sports to have warm bodies and increase your enrollment?

I wish I could find that spread sheet someone shared about Pitts scholarship funding. Iirc all 10 were close to full equivalency funded.
                      You are assuming having field hockey, lacrosse, soccer, golf, tennis and swimming/diving as warm body sports. IUP has those teams and the Men’s Golf and Women’s Tennis teams are nationally competitive.

Comment

Yep. At GVSU, at least as of around 2017, the only men's sports fully funded were football, basketball, and golf. Baseball, tennis, track/xc, swimming & diving were only partially funded at anywhere between 30-90% of the maximum scholarship equivalency amount. I don't know if that's still the case or not. I know that when GV's baseball team went 52-5 one year (52-3 before the world series lol), they only had I think 2.7 scholarships out of a possible...8 at the time? One of the more impressive things I've seen.

The women's sports I believe were all over 90% funded, with most of them fully funded.
                        Last edited by KleShreen; 01-09-2023, 08:37 PM.
                        2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

• Looks like even FBS can’t get “the best teams” in the brackets.

If only they had invited an MIAA team to play Jawja then it might have been a better game. HA!

Comment

• I don’t think anyone here is claiming FBS is anywhere close to right. They’re probably furthest from a correct system.

Comment

• Perfect playoff bracket after watching yet another SEC national championship.

Wait until Texas and OU join, then do a 16 team SEC only playoff bracket.

Comment

• Originally posted by canadarican View Post
                                Perfect playoff bracket after watching yet another SEC national championship.

Wait until Texas and OU join, then do a 16 team SEC only playoff bracket.
                                That was brutal to watch.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X