Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by canadarican View Post
    Perfect playoff bracket after watching yet another SEC national championship.

Wait until Texas and OU join, then do a 16 team SEC only playoff bracket.
    I mean, an 8-team playoff that had 6 SEC teams and then 2 other P5 champions would probably be the best representation of the best teams in college football. Not much different from D2 needing to be a whole bunch of SR3 teams, a good amount of SR2 teams, and then a couple SR4 teams and maybe one SR1 team.
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

• I agree that Pitt men's bball sucks, but they are working on it with a new coach. Track, football, cc, and softball are all competitive. Baseball is pretty meh. Women's basketball is pretty good. I have no idea about funding levels for those sports other than football, though.

Pitt used to have golf but they canceled it as they couldn't afford to make it competitive. They now offer golf, rugby and soccer as club sports along with a few other club sports.

lacrosse and hockey pretty much don't exist in our part of the country.

As an aside.. High school Wrestling is pretty big in parts of OK, KS, IA and NE. Title 9 all but killed it in D2, though. I hope it will make a comeback in small colleges now that there are more women in the sport.

Pitt does have a privately sponsored bass fishing team. I think that's hilarious.

Comment

• Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

I mean, an 8-team playoff that had 6 SEC teams and then 2 other P5 champions would probably be the best representation of the best teams in college football. Not much different from D2 needing to be a whole bunch of SR3 teams, a good amount of SR2 teams, and then a couple SR4 teams and maybe one SR1 team.
        A bunch of SR 3 teams when the first round of SR 3 was exceedingly uncompetitive.

Funny...Ferris Beat West Flori-duh by 21 and Mines beat Shepherd by 31 in the Semi's. Ferris beat Mines by 27 in the Finals

The last three games in D2 were anything but compelling. The only thing compelling about the D2 playoffs this year was the second and third round of Region 3.

This whole thing is because Northwest Misery and Pittsburg(H) State are stuck with Ferris Bueller and There Is No Valley There It's Just a Gulley U.

Dear NCAA...please divorce the MIAA and GLIAC from Region 3 and balance it back out so we can have some peace and quiet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
          I agree that Pitt men's bball sucks, but they are working on it with a new coach. Track, football, cc, and softball are all competitive. Baseball is pretty meh. Women's basketball is pretty good. I have no idea about funding levels for those sports other than football, though.

Pitt used to have golf but they canceled it as they couldn't afford to make it competitive. They now offer golf, rugby and soccer as club sports along with a few other club sports.

As an aside.. High school Wrestling is pretty big in parts of OK, KS, IA and NE. Title 9 all but killed it in D2, though. I hope it will make a comeback in small colleges now that there are more women in the sport.

Pitt does have a privately sponsored bass fishing team. I think that's hilarious.
          Well...IUP is pretty good at a few sports too. Do any of you look at our schools beyond foosball and see what they offer and how they compete?

Title IX killed men's soccer and wrestling at IUP. It killed Women's Gymnastics for some reason and they won the D2 National Title twice when I was a student. I don't know how that happens. I guess they had to axe that and add sports that had more players on the team. Not sure.

Comment

Comment

I agree that Pitt men's bball sucks, but they are working on it with a new coach. Track, football, cc, and softball are all competitive. Baseball is pretty meh. Women's basketball is pretty good. I have no idea about funding levels for those sports other than football, though.

I think you're reversed on these. Last couple years baseball teams lost in the conference tournament to UCM, who almost everyone loses to, They're working on softball and men's basketball. Title IX isn't just pure numbers, its also funding levels.

There is a reason wrestling was removed from the Olympics. LOL

Comment

• Sorry, Last year MOSO in the conference tourney. Two years ago was UCM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DawgUp View Post

That was brutal to watch.
                  That was felony assault.

Comment

SEC should break off and be there own level of football. 16 team double bye bracket like the old Big East basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by canadarican View Post

SEC should break off and be there own level of football. 16 team double bye bracket like the old Big East basketball.
                      Back when it was the 6 foul league. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

I think you're reversed on these. Last couple years baseball teams lost in the conference tournament to UCM, who almost everyone loses to, They're working on softball and men's basketball. Title IX isn't just pure numbers, its also funding levels.

There is a reason wrestling was removed from the Olympics. LOL
                        I'm sure you're correct.

D2 football, d1 hoops, boxing, and the occasional mma or nfl event are about my only sports interests. I find most other sports unwatchable.

Comment

• Oh yeah..
                          Olympic curling. That stuff is enthralling and IDK why. I just can't look away.

Comment

Back when it was the 6 foul league. :)
                            I grew up watching Big East basketball. Man it was great. I don't give two rat turds about ESPN and their "talent" 99.8% of the time, but Dana O'Neil's book about the end of the Big East was outstanding.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

A bunch of SR 3 teams when the first round of SR 3 was exceedingly uncompetitive.

Funny...Ferris Beat West Flori-duh by 21 and Mines beat Shepherd by 31 in the Semi's. Ferris beat Mines by 27 in the Finals

The last three games in D2 were anything but compelling. The only thing compelling about the D2 playoffs this year was the second and third round of Region 3.

This whole thing is because Northwest Misery and Pittsburg(H) State are stuck with Ferris Bueller and There Is No Valley There It's Just a Gulley U.

Dear NCAA...please divorce the MIAA and GLIAC from Region 3 and balance it back out so we can have some peace and quiet.
                              Now you got it!

The first round of SR3 was uncompetitive because the top teams in SR3 are so much better than everyone else. Put the 4-7 seeds in SR3 in to any other region and they're probably playing for the regional championship. Ouachita, NW Missouri, Davenport, UIndy (with Toriano) are *most likely* competing for the regional championship in SR1, SR2, or SR4.
                              2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Now you got it!

The first round of SR3 was uncompetitive because the top teams in SR3 are so much better than everyone else. Put the 4-7 seeds in SR3 in to any other region and they're probably playing for the regional championship. Ouachita, NW Missouri, Davenport, UIndy (with Toriano) are *most likely* competing for the regional championship in SR1, SR2, or SR4.
                                Northwest Misery most likely would going away In 1 and 4. Not 2. The GSC is still a force.

IUP would have a high chance to beat the rest on your list or at least it would be close. I don’t see any of them as good as you make them out to be.

At least the upper echelon of Region 1 is starting to schedule one another OOC. IUP and Ashland are locked in for 4 years. Slimy Pebble is going to hook up with New Haven for two years. I heard Ferris Bueller is looking to play Mercyhurst. Really? There are better teams available.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X