Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McKendree

I’m not familiar with D2 football, but do you think McKendree can make the next step and compete annually now that they have the STL metro all to themselves ?

Originally posted by Matrix View Post
    I’m not familiar with D2 football, but do you think McKendree can make the next step and compete annually now that they have the STL metro all to themselves ?
    Compete annually for what?

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Compete annually for what?
      I assume he means a GLVC title. My answer to that as a Pitt State guy who lives in KC is that it depends. Pitt has started to hit St. Louis, I'm sure others will too. To McKendrees credit we have offered several of the same kids they have so it appears they are going after some good athletes instead of your stereotypical GLVC athlete who is slightly smaller slower etc than a MIAA athlete. Before the haters jump on board look at the playoffs. If McKendree wants to be a big fish in a small pond then perhaps they can dominate the St.Louis market for the typical D2 kid. If they want to make some noise and it appears they do, they are going to have to battle MIAA and lower tier or regional FCS teams like Central Arkansas and Southeast Missouri State for recruits.

Comment

Did Elwood, semo, mostate, and all the MIAA teams suddenly stop recruiting St Louis?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X