Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferris State Threepeat?

Just wondering about fans’ opinion on whether the Bulldogs will match North Alabama’s threepeat record and who, if anyone, might stop them in 2023?

The Argos have a new coach and we probably won’t know if they are a contender to knock Ferris off the title hill until the fourth game of the 2023 season after they go on road to Florida A & M and play West Georgia at home the following week.

Come on Dogs, let’s hear all the reasons why they will go undefeated and plaster someone else 60-10 in title game.
    Last edited by Argonut; 01-29-2023, 07:56 AM.

Hard to tell.

Losing a lot on defense and skill positions on offense. Need to find a true RB and interested to see what our offense looks like next year since Annese tailors his offense to his talent, not the other way around. QB Mitchell has 1 year of eligibility left but he's 26 so maybe Jesse Rivera finally gets his shot along with Gulker.

Don't know the schedule, only our GLIAC games and an OOC game with Montana. Too many unknowns at this point. But I guess our chance is just as good as anyone else.

If we do 3-peat, wonder how long Annese will keep coaching after that.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
      Hard to tell.

Losing a lot on defense and skill positions on offense. Need to find a true RB and interested to see what our offense looks like next year since Annese tailors his offense to his talent, not the other way around. QB Mitchell has 1 year of eligibility left but he's 26 so maybe Jesse Rivera finally gets his shot along with Gulker.

Don't know the schedule, only our GLIAC games and an OOC game with Montana. Too many unknowns at this point. But I guess our chance is just as good as anyone else.

If we do 3-peat, wonder how long Annese will keep coaching after that.
      It would be insane to play Jesse Rivera over Carson Gulker, IMO.
      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Is Gulker the big TE who plays qb?

Comment

I once heard that coaching at Michigan public institutions like Ferris keeps Annese building service years in the teacher retirement systems. I've always wondered if that is true.

Comment

Originally posted by chargerblue View Post
            I once heard that coaching at Michigan public institutions like Ferris keeps Annese building service years in the teacher retirement systems. I've always wondered if that is true.
            If the Ferris boosters haven't put together a nice retirement package for him yet, they're doing it wrong.

Comment

As to the original question, I definitely expect them to be in the hunt for the natty.

Comment

It won't be in front of him. They'll play in tandem. TA hasn't played a 1 QB system since 2016. Rivera is an extremely talented passer and ok runner. Gulker hopefully improves as a passer but his game is in between the tackles. If they can get a half way decent run game from a RB might have an OK offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Argonut View Post
                  Just wondering about fans’ opinion on whether the Bulldogs will match North Alabama’s threepeat record and who, if anyone, might stop them in 2023?

The Argos have a new coach and we probably won’t know if they are a contender to knock Ferris off the title hill until the fourth game of the 2023 season after they go on road to Florida A & M and play West Georgia at home the following week.

Come on Dogs, let’s hear all the reasons why they will go undefeated and plaster someone else 60-10 in title game.
                  I agree with Dawg, it is hard to tell, especially before we know what transfers TA is going to bring in. The defensive (especially up front) will big the big factor on their chances or repeating or not. They loose 3 starters on the DL and 5 of the 8 main guys who rotated in. C. Williams is going to be a big loss at safety as well. The RB spot (as Dawg also mentioned) is also a huge question mark. Marcus Taylor is going to be a huge loss but as far as the rest of the skill guys on O they bring a lot back(assuming Wade comes back, and depending on what happens with Hunt-Thompson). Last I heard Mitchell was having foot surgery in the offseason and planning on coming back so unless that has changed I think we see a combination of Mitchell and Gulker again this year. I don't think you can bet against them until someone else proves it.

As far as challengers I think you have to really look at other SR3 teams. Grand Valley obviously has a question mark with having a new head coach but as far as players they only loose 4 starters and 4 rotational players in total. I fully expect them to have the best defense in the country and probably the best in GV history. The question marks are at RB where almost all of the production is gone and if Peterson (or other QB?) can make improvements in the passing game (which has cost them against Ferris and Northwest).

Pitt State has to be up there too. They bring a lot back to a team that pushed Ferris to the brink. I fully expect them to beat Souix Falls and run the table again in the MIAA.

I also don't think Northwest can be counted out, I'm sure they are going to look for improvements/fixes on O and even though they do loose some guys on D they always find a way to be one of the best defenses in the country.

Besides those teams, honestly until I'm proven wrong I don't see the champion coming out of any region besides SR3. Favorites for a birth in the championship to face the SR3 winners probably have to be West Florida and Angelo State (and maybe West Georgia?). I see fall-offs for Mines and Delta.

Comment

Will the miaa and gliac both be in SR3 next year?

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                      Will the miaa and gliac both be in SR3 next year?
                      Yes. Until further notice they will continue to be.
                      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Yes. Until further notice they will continue to be.
                        Booooo.

Comment

I hope Ferris State gets knocked from their perch in 2023, but I doubt it will happen. It's nothing personal, I'm just not a fan of dynasties in sports. To me a dynasty begins at three titles in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post
                            I hope Ferris State gets knocked from their perch in 2023, but I doubt it will happen. It's nothing personal, I'm just not a fan of dynasties in sports. To me a dynasty begins at three titles in a row.
                            Everybody hates a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Divisiontwo View Post

Everybody hates a winner.
                              Unless it's your team that's winning titles. But of that I know nothing. ;)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X