Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

I dont think any one "region" or school or conference should be guaranteed a seed.
    Yet two conferences took the top four seeds in the FCS playoffs this year.

They may as well just only had the Big Sky and Misery Valley participate because everyone else was an afterthought. Even the Colonial Champion William and Mary only got the 5th seed.

This is what will happen in D2.
    Last edited by IUPNation; 03-02-2023, 03:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
      If I was SR1 fan, I wouldn't be so worried. The schools up there are absolute masters at gaming the system. They'll figure out a way to game the new one, and if you are lucky, it will be by playing great noncons and getting home field.
      So you agree...we are smarter because we attended better schools.

:-D

Comment

I. Would say all athletes.. Do you not think IUP athletes would rather be on a legit team than undeservingly make the semis where they get woodshedded and laughed at?

I'm not buying spectators. Then you get into fans,, and fans are irrational by definition.
        I think the casual sports fan looking for something entertaining to watch athletic wise would rather watch. Championship or semi final game be competitive than blowouts. Then, perhaps, you could convert them into a fan.

Comment

I think the casual sports fan looking for something entertaining to watch athletic wise would rather watch. Championship or semi final game be competitive than blowouts. Then, perhaps, you could convert them into a fan.
          I think the number of such fans would fit in my living room. Maybe that could change? Idk.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

They may as well just only had the Big Sky and Misery Valley participate because everyone else was an afterthought. Even the Colonial Champion William and Mary only got the 5th seed.

This is what will happen in D2. It will be the MIAA/GLIAC/GSC show...they will all get home games in every round and fans at every other school will stop caring because once the bias is set, it's not going away easily. As someone who has faced bias all his life, I know exactly how this all works.
            Is it only bias? Or could it possibly be that those teams and conferences have repeatedly provided the evidence that they are deserving?

Comment

So you agree...we are smarter because we attended better schools.

:-D
              No. Quite the opposite. If you were smart, it wouldn't be so blatantly obvious. :)

Comment

I think the number of such fans would fit in my living room. Maybe that could change? Idk.
                I chuckle at this because it's true. We are the Die Hards of D2, and most people just don't care.

Comment

I dont think any one "region" or school or conference should be guaranteed a seed.
                  That's fine. We seem to disagree on multiple things in this debate.

I'll just note that, effectively, every SR is guaranteed 2 top-8 seeds right now. So, only guaranteeing 1 should be seen as an improvement.

Comment

This is what will happen in D2.
                    It should happen if those are the 4 best teams.

Comment

Well that didn't happen with Georgia vs TCU.

Comment

• i caught it before you dirty deleted it.

As someone who has faced bias all his life, I know exactly how this all works

ever stop to consider it may be because you never shut your yap? at some point you have to say "hmmm. maybe it's me"

Comment

• Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

That's fine. We seem to disagree on multiple things in this debate.

I'll just note that, effectively, every SR is guaranteed 2 top-8 seeds right now. So, only guaranteeing 1 should be seen as an improvement.
                          A car with 2 flat tires is better than one with 4 flats, but you're still walking.

Comment

Well that didn't happen with Georgia vs TCU.
                            FBS has always been about making money and never about good competition

Comment

A car with 2 flat tires is better than one with 4 flats, but you're still walking.
                              Bad analogy. The current system isn't good, but it still yields a champion that we can definitively say is deserving. It's not completely broken, though I suspect you will argue that it is.

Comment

They were silo for a blink, but when they were at their best, they weren't.

I'm fine with silo conferences being banned from the playoffs.
                                If I could make the rules, I'd require a minimum of two nonconference games in order to be playoff eligible. Three would be perfect.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X