Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Lol. What if I told you "they" were actually us?
    Scroll back a page....I already had a bracket set up based on my plan.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Scroll back a page....I already had a bracket set up based on my plan.
      Yeah. Thanks for that. The bracket you posted is a better argument against the cc only model than any I could come up.with.

Comment

• At least I'm reading most of these from the toilet, so the setting is perfect.

Comment

I assumed nothing.. I have no idea if they're trying. I hope they are, and if they are, I am rooting for them.

Looking solely at raw numbers vs. Output on the field, I would say lots of niversity wide kickbacks and misappropriation are going on in Indiana.
          They are trying. All the time.

Here..feel free to send us some money if you are that concerned!

https://iupathletics.com/sports/2013...912132950.aspx

https://iupathletics.com/sports/2011...430.aspx?id=63

https://ep01.iup.edu/C20877_ustores/...PRODUCTID=1428

Comment

There it is again. The old move up until you are over your head like IUP argument.
            Yet you want it "fixed" so that only certain groups benefit.

I mean just make the playoffs a MIAA/GLIAC/GSC affair. That is what you want.

Comment

Yeah. Thanks for that. The bracket you posted is a better argument against the cc only model than any I could come up.with.
              So you want to reward teams that failed in the regular season with playoff berths they didn't earn.

Got it.

Comment

At least I'm reading most of these from the toilet, so the setting is perfect.
                Well every single post you make is a turd...

Comment

....and yet you can't come up with plan on your own.

Comment

Yet you want it "fixed" so that only certain groups benefit.

I mean just make the playoffs a MIAA/GLIAC/GSC affair. That is what you want.
                    Nowhere have I said or even implied that. I want the best teams to get in and meet each other deeper in the playoffs. I don't care where those teams are from. I also want to make sure that the underdogs have a way to get in and prove themselves.

What I want to get away from are things that discourage competing outside of your region and things that discurage teams from being competitive in general. I want to do away with mediocre teams getting an easy path to the semis or even the championship games. That doesn't encourage administrators or fund raisers to do a better job.

Heck they don't have to scrap the whole thing. Just come up with a better way to seed the teams come playoff time.

Comment

Right! the one where 2 of the semi-finalists and the national champ wouldn't even make the bracket??? Or did I miss something in that ridiculous bracket?

I just don't get the desire to reduce the number of teams in the playoffs, and to cut it down to just conference champs. You want a more predictable bracket, that would be it for sure. You'd have about 4 conference champs most year that would have a real chance to win the title, and you'd end up with is basically very few competitive and interesting games until the sem-finals if the teams were seeded accurately. Who in their right mind wants that?? IMO every week of D2 playoffs drives interest after the season, and the quest to finish strong with more teams with a chance to qualify adds interest to the regular season for conferences strong enough to earn multiple bids.

Comment

Nowhere have I said or even implied that. I want the best teams to get in and meet each other deeper in the playoffs. I don't care where those teams are from. I also want to make sure that the underdogs have a way to get in and prove themselves.

What I want to get away from are things that discourage competing outside of your region and things that discurage teams from being competitive in general. I want to do away with mediocre teams getting an easy path to the semis or even the championship games. That doesn't encourage administrators or fund raisers to do a better job.

Heck they don't have to scrap the whole thing. Just come up with a better way to seed the teams come playoff time.
                        I want to get away from picking teams based on spread sheet numbers.

I want to reward teams for winning their conference.

By cutting the number of teams in the playoffs...you force the administrators and fund raisers to work harder for something that is now scarcer.

The more you let in, the easier it is to coast and just get in and hope you can get hot...which rarely happens.

Regular season games need to mean more and have dire consequences for conference losses.

The Pee Sack gets 3-4 teams in the playoffs almost every year. Really...only the winner of The State Game should get in.

The only wildcards could be the conference title losers.

If every conference had a title game...winners go into one group and losers in the second...winners get higher seeds, losers get lower seeds.

I just don' think teams that aren't conference champions should get in. Ferris Bueller wasn't the GLIAC champion...but they are the National Champions. IUP is the Pee Sack Champion but Shepherd who they beat for the conference title is the Regional Champion. That doesn't make sense to me. This is not the NFL where teams in each division have two games a season where having a wild card is warranted if there are splits. But that is not how college football works.

You need to post an actual plan.

Comment

• Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

What a terribly defeatist attitude to always go with "go to FCS if you're good" instead of demanding your own school do better than the bare minimum qualifications. D2 schools can offer 36 scholarships. But then when teams actually offer 36 scholarships and your own school offers not 36 scholarships, you want them to move out so your own school doesn't have to improve on anything.

I'm sure the good D2 football schools would love to move to FCS if that's all it was. It's too bad it takes tens/hundreds of millions to move the entire athletics program. It's much more feasible for the bare minimum D2 programs who cry about funding to just go D3.
                          Strawmen everywhere. Nowhere did I say that I want teams to move up so that my own school can succeed. I simply said that if a D2 program demands the exact playoff model that FCS provides, they should consider moving to FCS. Two divisions having the exact same playoff setup runs contrary to the purpose of distinct divisions.

I have no problem with certain teams investing more in football, and seeing success as a result. But apparently, this level of nuance is beyond you.

Comment

Attendance for the finals isn't that great either. The only time the games were crowded was when they were home game for North Alabamastan and Northwest MO.

I changed my mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                              I changed my mind.
                              About?

Comment

• Originally posted by WBChargerDad View Post

Right! the one where 2 of the semi-finalists and the national champ wouldn't even make the bracket??? Or did I miss something in that ridiculous bracket?

I just don't get the desire to reduce the number of teams in the playoffs, and to cut it down to just conference champs. You want a more predictable bracket, that would be it for sure. You'd have about 4 conference champs most year that would have a real chance to win the title, and you'd end up with is basically very few competitive and interesting games until the sem-finals if the teams were seeded accurately. Who in their right mind wants that?? IMO every week of D2 playoffs drives interest after the season, and the quest to finish strong with more teams with a chance to qualify adds interest to the regular season for conferences strong enough to earn multiple bids.
                                It's about spread sheet numbers right now.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X