Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

West Chester has won two National Titles in baseball in 2012 and 2017 and was a final four participant last season. They have been in the D2 World Series 5 times. A team from the Pee Sack. Shocking right?
    Nah I knew they were good. Millersville has a good program doing with their arm work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Nah I knew they were good. Millersville has a good program doing with their arm work.
      One of the Astros played at Millersville....

IUP was never strong in baseball...they have only won one Pee Sack title and that was when I was a senior,

They do have a nice baseball field though..on the south campus with a nice view.

Comment

Because it's better to play teams from your region than it is to go out of region when it comes down to the regional rankings. If the Pee Sack wins all of those games in region against the other conferences in the region...we get more bids in the regional format. it's call being smart and playing the system. That is what is going over your pointed head time after time. You jsut want it to be we are scared of Grand Valley but nobody in Pennsylvania gives a flying **** about Grand Valley State University. Yes there is nothing stopping us but IUP will want a home and home series and these schools probably don't want to travel to PA. They just want the one game where we come to them. You just assume we always have to suck it up and travel every year. Everyone doesn't have the endless travel budget and the fleet of private jets Grand Valley does to go around the country and play everyone who says yes......

IUP hosted a semi final game in 2017. Slimey got one in 2019. So I guess the way we scheduled worked out fine...we gamed the system. Pretty cool right? I'm sorry that GV and Ferris chased away all those schools that formed the GMAC. That wasn't our fault or our problem.
        So again, as I said, and you are admitting yet again, you only care about the region, and don't care about competing for a national title. If you did, the PSAC schools would schedule national competition instead of beating up on the same bad teams in SR1. That's fine. If that's how you want to operate, and your ceiling should be winning the region, then that's fine. You do you. But don't come on here complaining why you aren't hosting semifinal games and are looked at as lesser-than, then.

Nobody is scared of going to Pennsylvania. You think Mines and Pueblo will play at GVSU, but not play at.....IUP? Come on. The schools with a pulse from the other regions will gladly come to your field and take that win to enhance their SOS when IUP or SRU or Shepherd or whoever else inevitably finishes 9-2/10-1. But the fact of the matter is that, as you've said multiple times now, your schools only care about beating teams in your region, so they don't want to take the risk of playing any opponent from outside the region and taking the loss, jeopardizing their playoff possibility. You'd rather make sure you have a leg up over the other teams in your region rather than making sure you have a leg-up on the possibility of hosting a semifinal game.
        2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

• The GMAC is the SR1 league that plays the most SR3 teams ooc, but most of those are old GLIAC matchups or the relationships between GMAC and GLVC schools. With that being said, the GMAC belongs in SR3 with those 2 leagues.

Comment

• There's been some talk about Shepherd maybe getting there financially. Well, I know that they're sure trying. But I think one of Shepherd's issues the past two years in the semifinals is how the team was made up. There was a huge focus to bring in more offensive weapons with Bagent there. And while I can't really blame them, I feel like the teams in 2010, 2015 and 2016 were better because there was more of a focus on defense. And none of those three teams were blown out in the semis, and the 2015 team won their semi game. The last two years, Shepherd just had their teeth kicked in. I wouldn't trade Ernie McCook for anyone. He's done a great job since taking over in 2018. But there is a reason that Monte Cater was elected to the college football Hall of Fame.

Comment

• So with Bagent gone (and didn't the OC take a job somewhere else?) do you think Shep is gonna focus on defense and running the ball more, or are they sticking with airing it out?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wallst View Post

So IUP can take shots at Fox News and Trump in this same thread but when I do it I'm told to go to another forum? Seems fair... funny part is I'm an independent voter who was just giving the other side.

For future reference I guess it's good to know what views are tolerated and accepted.
                Brandon, he's right. I've kept quiet about it, but there have been multiple posts here with political references. And IIRC, every one was slanted in the same direction..

Comment

• Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

So again, as I said, and you are admitting yet again, you only care about the region, and don't care about competing for a national title. If you did, the PSAC schools would schedule national competition instead of beating up on the same bad teams in SR1. That's fine. If that's how you want to operate, and your ceiling should be winning the region, then that's fine. You do you. But don't come on here complaining why you aren't hosting semifinal games and are looked at as lesser-than, then.

Nobody is scared of going to Pennsylvania. You think Mines and Pueblo will play at GVSU, but not play at.....IUP? Come on. The schools with a pulse from the other regions will gladly come to your field and take that win to enhance their SOS when IUP or SRU or Shepherd or whoever else inevitably finishes 9-2/10-1. But the fact of the matter is that, as you've said multiple times now, your schools only care about beating teams in your region, so they don't want to take the risk of playing any opponent from outside the region and taking the loss, jeopardizing their playoff possibility. You'd rather make sure you have a leg up over the other teams in your region rather than making sure you have a leg-up on the possibility of hosting a semifinal game.
                  Ok Hoggie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redwing View Post

Brandon, he's right. I've kept quiet about it, but there have been multiple posts here with political references. And IIRC, every one was slanted in the same direction..
                    He literally started it first by going political to my comment of Midwestern foosball fans being entitled to getting everything their way in the playoffs.

Post #21.

Reading is fundamental.

Bye.

Comment

• So will there be discussions like the one that started this thread about playoff reform with commissioners from the “lesser” conferences? You would think everyone has to be in the discussion in order to come to a consensus on how to make the process better…

Comment

So you basically want your cake and eat it too.

You want to claim we suck but then be able to still say you had a tough schedule because your spread sheet numbers got a bump because of our record within region 1…so it’s a win/win for you right?

So predictable.

SOS in D2 has been a joke since regionalization has begun and it’s been an issue within Region 1 as well. The spread sheet numbers do not tell the real story.

Comment

So will there be discussions like the one that started this thread about playoff reform with commissioners from the “lesser” conferences? You would think everyone has to be in the discussion in order to come to a consensus on how to make the process better…
                          I'm sure those discussions are happening now. With SR1 admins working up a big tree of excuses to keep their unearned gravy train going.

Comment

So you basically want your cake and eat it too.

You want to claim we suck but then be able to still say you had a tough schedule because your spread sheet numbers got a bump because of our record within region 1…so it’s a win/win for you right?

So predictable.

SOS in D2 has been a joke since regionalization has begun and it’s been an issue within Region 1 as well. The spread sheet numbers do not tell the real story.
                            lol. Ok. Well I'm not gonna keep telling you the same obvious things time after time. So I'm finished here.
                            2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I'm sure those discussions are happening now. With SR1 admins working up a big tree of excuses to keep their unearned gravy train going.
                              So we can’t discuss it like an adult. Just more sneering and insults.

Got it.

Last edited by IUPNation; 02-23-2023, 08:39 AM.

Comment

lol. Ok. Well I'm not gonna keep telling you the same obvious things time after time. So I'm finished here.
                                Yes give those F Keys a rest.

I just don’t get it that we need to schedule GV to get a home playoff game but GV can schedule inferior Region 1 opponents and still get the home playoff game. Really makes no sense but I guess it’s rules for thee but not for me.
                                Last edited by IUPNation; 02-23-2023, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X