1 - GVSU Region

Zero guaranteed current SR1 home games.

2 - FSU Region

Two guaranteed current SR1 home games.

3 - ASU Region

One guaranteed current SR1 home games.

4 - PSU Region

Zero guaranteed current SR1 home games.

I do agree about there needing to be a balance so that schools care, but schools also need to be rewarded for superior effort and achievement.

Click image for larger version  Name:	wittbracket.jpg Views:	0 Size:	62.5 KB ID:	742619
    Are you taking into any account that it might be easier for schools in your region to fund raise and get to 36 as opposed to schools in our region that can’t spit 10 feet without hitting another college foosball program chasing the same local dollars?

So basically we get punished all the way around. It’s not like every program doesn’t want to try..it’s just doesn’t come as easy here as it does out there. It’s a very slow uphill process for the Shepherds, IUPs and Slimey Pebbles of Region 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Will this year's game be in Indiana?
      Yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I read on here that they had decided to move up. Was that debunked?

I glossed over the mac being a 1a conference.
        There needs to be three levels of D1 foosball.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Are you taking into any account that it might be easier for schools in your region to fund raise and get to 36 as opposed to schools in our region that can’t spit 10 feet without hitting another college foosball program chasing the same local dollars?

So basically we get punished all the way around. It’s not like every program doesn’t want to try..it’s just doesn’t come as easy here as it does out there. It’s a very slow uphill process for the Shepherds, IUPs and Slimey Pebbles of Region 1.
          So then, as I said, play a level of football that better suits your funding level. You are the outliers of D2, not the norm.
          2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

This is such a cop out.

Comment

• Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
              This is such a cop out.
              It’s not. It’s reality. Pittsburg(h) State has no real competition for miles to fund raise. IUP has basically Indiana County and maybe some lap over into neighboring counties. Everyone is competing in the real Pittsburgh for attention and that’s after the real Pitt gets its local share. For your school to go out and fund raise to 36 is easier but you’ll get rewarded for “ working harder”. It’s kind of like someone being born on third base and acting like they hit the triple when they are an adult.

Funding is lopsided on every level too. It’s not a D2 thing at all. Tulane spends 5 million a year in foosball and thry beat USC in the Cotton Bowl. USC spends 25 million.

So I’m not totally sold that fully funded always means better teams. I mean three privates in the Pee Sack are “fully funded” and thry don’t win anything. IUP just has to work twice as hard as Pitt or NW to get the same result. You are the elite who has it easier. It is what it is…it’s reality and it’s not changing anytime soon. It’s been this way all along.

Kansas
              2FBS teams
              4 D2 teams
              13 NAIA team (do they even need money)

Pennsylvania - most college teams by state.
              3FBS
              8 FCS
              16 D2 (more teams than the MIAA)
              28 D3
              Last edited by IUPNation; 02-27-2023, 08:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

So then, as I said, play a level of football that better suits your funding level. You are the outliers of D2, not the norm.
                Unless you have the funding levels of every school in D2 then you are just talking out of your butt yet again. Show me the receipts.

Private schools discount..they don’t really have “funding”.

If WAyne State is fully funded why do they suck? How did Slimey Pebbke beat them easily when they are only 2/3 funded? Same with Northern Michu or Michigan Tech? Shouldn’t they be able to steal your recruits? Every GLIAC team in Michigan are all on equal standing financially right?
                Last edited by IUPNation; 02-27-2023, 08:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

I suggest that you look at other conferences outside of SR1 before you say such an asinine thing. The have nots outnumber the haves. That is pretty dang clear. That would technically make your program and outlier. I'm not saying successful programs should be punished, but you are literally talking out your rear here.

Comment

• Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
                    This is such a cop out.
                    For all of Nation's bluster, he isn't wrong here. Although, not all of the schools are really trying hard.

Comment

I absolutely debunked this excuse dozens of pages ago. Per capita, PA and KS are very similar in competition for money and recruits. You can say otherwise all you want, but it's just not true.

Comment

• Pitt and MO Southern are 30 miles apart.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

For all of Nation's bluster, he isn't wrong here. Although, not all of the schools are really trying hard.
                          I’m always right!

In the Pee Sack we can honestly say three programs are trying to be better: IUP, Slimey Pebble and Shepherd.

trying but could try harder: Kutztown, West Chester Kollyfornia.

Really only trying compete regionally: Shippensburg, East Stroudsburg, Bloomsburg.

Forget About it: Millersville (although I see them getting better) Lock Haven, Clarion and Edinboro.

Ofvthe privates Gannon has improved to be competitive regionally but Mercyhurdt and Seton Hill are forget about it.

Comment

I absolutely debunked this excuse dozens of pages ago. Per capita, PA and KS are very similar in competition for money and recruits. You can say otherwise all you want, but it's just not true.
                            You went by numbers on a spread sheet. That doesn’t tell the real story just like the spread sheet numbers don’t tell who really had a hard schedule come playoff seeding time. So you have just been debunked.

I doubt those NAIA schools have any money otherwise they’d be lining up to join the MIAA. You are against three other d2 schools in Kansas for money. The closest school to you is 149 miles away.

Seton Hill is 34 miles Clarion is 58 miles, Slimey is 62 miles and CalU is 71 miles away just in our conference. We are all chasing the same limited local money in Western Pennsylvania.

Then add in D3 St Vincent is 28 Miles away and FCS St Francis is 33 miles away from IUP.

Im just hitting the top of the iceberg here too.

Your same per capita is bull crap. Pitt State has miles of Southeast Kansas to hit up.

Comment

Pitt and MO Southern are 30 miles apart.
                              Different states different funding.

You all need stop stop with the simple reasoning that every school has same situation with their funding and how they are able to get it. It’s probably not even true in the MIAA.

Every level faces this exact same issues. Why doesn’t Kle tell the Michigan Directionals to drop to FCS. The MAC will never compete. Yet they stay in FBS. So stop with the ignorant move to D3 bull****. It just comes off as arrogance. Nobody is asking the rich elite of D2 to do anything or asking for anything special. We are just explaining why there are haves and have nots at this level. Do you think Kansas can compete with Alabama in foosball? Should they drop down?

The problem in D2 is that Regions 3 and 4 are off balanced. Regions 1 and 2 have few issues. Also 3 and 4 each have less teams than 1 and 2 but have the same number of playoff slots. So it is statistically easier for any team to get a playoff bid in 3 and 4 than it is in 1 and 2. Just saying…
                              Last edited by IUPNation; 02-27-2023, 09:33 AM.

Comment

I’m always right!

In the Pee Sack we can honestly say three programs are trying to be better: IUP, Slimey Pebble and Shepherd.

trying but could try harder: Kutztown, West Chester Kollyfornia.

Really only trying compete regionally: Shippensburg, East Stroudsburg, Bloomsburg.

Forget About it: Millersville (although I see them getting better) Lock Haven, Clarion and Edinboro.

Ofvthe privates Gannon has improved to be competitive regionally but Mercyhurdt and Seton Hill are forget about it.
                                I feel like that is fairly accurate, but I am beginning to wonder just how hard West Chester is trying anymore.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X