Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

It happened in 2019 (SRU lost to MSU 58-15), 2015 (SU won 34-32), and 2017 (IUP lost 27-17).
    I can’t wait until it happens again and read the whiny posts how it is so unfair to whatever team has to travel to Region 1 because they really didn’t deserve to host.
    Last edited by IUPNation; 03-02-2023, 12:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

Cross country flights are darn near guaranteed already in R2, what difference does it make who is making the flights? Why should it be any different for SR1?
      We look forward to seeing the Gorillas in Indiana. PA in the near future…they’ll get to see the Real Pittsburgh on the ride from the airport too! They’ll get a great experience when they come out of the Fort Pitt Tunnel too!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

It’s what is part of the reasoning for this fix..to hive the student athletes the best experience. So wouldn’t it be nice for kids from Missouri and Kanas to see Pennsylvania for a change of scenery and better experience?
        :-)
        Maybe thats why SR1 doesn't compete nationally, they don't recruit nationally. I'm all for shaking up who hosts. earn the better resume, host the game.

Comment

Now do IUP.
          They lost to West Florida.

Comment

I can’t wait until it happens again and read the whiny posts how it is so unfair to whatever team has to travel to Region 1 because they really didn’t deserve to host.
            Then you're biased. Everyone else appears to be trying to find solutions in good faith.

Comment

They lost to West Florida.
              ..and beat North Dakota.

7 Semi Final appearances and only got to host twice.

Comment

Then you're biased. Everyone else appears to be trying to find solutions in good faith.
                Yes I am biased as is everyone in the world. The difference is who admits to it. I own my hypocrisy too.

Imagine what commissioners from the conferences who are going to get the short end of the stick if regions go away and their members barely see a home playoff game past round one…

Consider me good practice to deal with that…

Comment

Yes I am biased as is everyone in the world. The difference is who admits to it. I own my hypocrisy too.

Imagine what commissioners from the conferences who are going to get the short end of the stick if regions go away and their members barely see a home playoff game past round one…

It's not good practice. It's boring. They won't go on nonsensical tangents and focus only on one school.

Comment

There is a difference between advocating for your conference members in good faith, and shouting the loudest and asinine solutions that are clearly one-sided in their benefit. Most commissioners are representing organizations that are competitive in nature, and usually have the idea that they want a fair shot, not an advantage.

Comment

Cross country flights are darn near guaranteed already in R2, what difference does it make who is making the flights? Why should it be any different for SR1?
                      I guess it doesn't really make a difference who's making the flights, but if cross country flights are already guaranteed in one region, why spread that out to other regions? Flights are part of the equation when you exist as a program in a spread-out area. Why "punish" other programs just because they have multiple options that do not require a flight? This isn't D1.

Comment

It's not good practice. It's boring. They won't go on nonsensical tangents and focus only on one school.
                        I only care about one school.

Do you not say you don’t trust everything and like to question. Well I don’t trust any fix that I know is going to slant towards a few schools and I’m questioning those who want this to prove me wrong.

Last edited by IUPNation; 03-02-2023, 01:18 PM.

Comment

There is a difference between advocating for your conference members in good faith, and shouting the loudest and asinine solutions that are clearly one-sided in their benefit. Most commissioners are representing organizations that are competitive in nature, and usually have the idea that they want a fair shot, not an advantage.
                          Wel none of you have proven that any fix will not slant the field more…
                          Last edited by IUPNation; 03-02-2023, 01:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

I guess it doesn't really make a difference who's making the flights, but if cross country flights are already guaranteed in one region, why spread that out to other regions? Flights are part of the equation when you exist as a program in a spread-out area. Why "punish" other programs just because they have multiple options that do not require a flight? This isn't D1.
                            The flights aren't punishment. The NCAA covers travel expenses for the teams in the tournament. It makes no difference where the flights happen. We need to expect they will happen, and reduce the number in the first two rounds. We are advocating this can be done while getting a bracket that is better for the athletes and the spectators.

Comment

• I'll be honest, one of my biggest worries is losing some of those playoff rivalries. Some are friendly, and some aren't, but there are some teams in the region that I look forward to seeing in the playoffs. Obviously, that shouldn't be a reason not to change things, but it would be nice to at least keep a little of that.

Comment

The flights aren't punished. The NCAA covers travel expenses for the teams in the tournament. It makes no difference where the flights happen. We need to expect they will happen, and reduce the number in the first two rounds. We are advocating this can be done while getting a bracket that is better for the athletes and the spectators.
                                My argument is that it really isn't a major improvement for either. Only the most diehard of D2 fans want to see their team play a random team from across the country in the second round. The subset of fans that are on this board are not representative.

The second round is not currently the main problem. The problem is the semifinals and finals. So, relax the regional rigidity, allow some weaker teams to make runs to the quarterfinals, but to get to the finals you have to either beat a top-4 team, or beat a team that managed to defeat them. There's no need to reinvent the wheel here.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X