Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Not at all. You all think you can change the world like a bunch of dirty hippies! They found out the hard way too.

:-)

But good luck getting the NE10, Pee Sack, MEC, GMAC, CIAA, SAC and the SIAC to give up potential playoff bids and more importantly their hosting chances through four rounds in the current format so certain area of the D2 map can get what they want and dominate even more. More power to you if you can sell that. I can’t imagine they would view it as an improvement but it’s worth a try right?
    It has been illustrated here how a change to the FCS system would do none of the things you are fear mongering about above. Not sure why you are still selling when nobody is buying. At least change your sales pitch.

The current system will change at some point. I guarantee it. It may get worse. It may get better? NCAA is glacial as it's made up of academics with no sense of urgency, but change is coming for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

This is part of why a compromise is going to be needed. We can talk about ideal brackets all we want, but ultimately these things don't generally get completely revamped. It's always incremental changes.
      You are probably right.

Comment

• Originally posted by WBChargerDad View Post

By taking a stance that a majority of the posters don't agree with and continuing to engage? It's the same thing Skip Bayless does, gets his watchers so frustrated with him that they take to social media and drive engagement. I guess every forum needs it's Skip Bayless to drive conversation!! And just like with Skip, I can't tell if you actually believe everything you say, or if you are picking some of your points solely to drive engagement!! So, thanks Skip!
        I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.

William F. Buckley, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

Do all these conferences really feel that hosting a playoff game is more important than competing in the field of 28?
          Your conference obviously feels that being home in every game in the playoffs is their right…

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

It has been illustrated here how a change to the FCS system would do none of the things you are fear mongering about above. Not sure why you are still selling when nobody is buying. At least change your sales pitch.

The current system will change at some point. I guarantee it. It may get worse. It may get better? NCAA is glacial as it's made up of academics with no sense of urgency, but change is coming for sure.
            Yes it does. The chances of an undefeated team from the Northeast getting a top 4 seed and home field advantage will be small when the bias in favor of Midwestern and GSC teams comes into play. It will be just assumed they didn’t play anyone and gets slotted 5th….

Comment

Yes it does. The chances of an undefeated team from the Northeast getting a top 4 seed and home field advantage will be small when the bias in favor of Midwestern and GSC teams comes into play. It will be just assumed they didn’t play anyone and gets slotted 5th….
              I don't see why safeguards couldn't be put in place to ensure the better team gets to host?

The NE has not spit out a legit top 4 seed in forever. That will change at some point, too. When it does, the best way to kill that bias is to go on the road and kick the crap out of the high seed. That's what Pitt did in the early 90s when they played in a bad conference. It instantly swung the bias in their favor. That's also what RMAC teams did in the not so distant past.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I don't see why safeguards couldn't be put in place to ensure the better team gets to host?

The NE has not spit out a legit top 4 seed in forever. That will change at some point, too. When it does, the best way to kill that bias is to go on the road and kick the crap out of the high seed. That's what Pitt did in the early 90s when they played in a bad conference. It instantly swung the bias in their favor. That's also what RMAC teams did in the not so distant past.
                Go on the road. Typical.

Comment

Go on the road. Typical.
                  You can't just assume SR1 is as competitive as the other regions when you keep getting blown out in the playoffs.Any single football season is not independent from one year to the next. You may have individual teams get the bounce in isolated contests, but as a whole of the competition the law of averages bears fruit.

Comment

Your school could have called us and traveled to PA.
                    I think they did.

Comment

But good luck getting the NE10, Pee Sack, MEC, GMAC, CIAA, SAC and the SIAC to give up potential playoff bids.
                      Won't happen. Part of a change will likely include automatic inclusion for conference champions.

Comment

Your conference obviously feels that being home in every game in the playoffs is their right…
                        Not at all true, I think the numbers provided an argument between Ferris and Pitt having an equal claim to that home game. I think the actual contest backed that idea up. Until the MIAA kills their silo entirely, we are handicapping our .SOS. You get no one from these conferences saying that they SHOULD have the home games, they are saying the better team should have the home teams, let that be who it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Won't happen. Part of a change will likely include automatic inclusion for conference champions.
                          This is one reason why I think very little will be done outside of regional realignment. It's one thing to guarantee a conference a spot, but it's another to tell those conferences that it will be more difficult to get a second or even third team in.

Comment

• Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

You can't just assume SR1 is as competitive as the other regions when you keep getting blown out in the playoffs.Any single football season is not independent from one year to the next. You may have individual teams get the bounce in isolated contests, but as a whole of the competition the law of averages bears fruit.
                            You guys are just proving me right that this is
                            about making sure every semi final game for the next 20 years takes place in the Midwest. You act as if every game is a blowout. So when you team gets blown out in the future does that reset the narrative for them and now you suck again and must go back on the road and prove yourselves or do you get to rest your laurels in past history?
                            Last edited by IUPNation; 03-03-2023, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

I think they did.
                              An MIAA team has never set foot in PA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

This is one reason why I think very little will be done outside of regional realignment. It's one thing to guarantee a conference a spot, but it's another to make to tell those conferences that it will be more difficult to get a second or even third team in.
                                No Conference should have more than 2 anyway. I’m not buying the third place team in certain conferences are that deserving. Most of the time a third or 4th Pee Sack team is overkill. It should have just been IUP and Shepherd this past season.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X