Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

No Conference should have more than 2 anyway. I’m not buying the third place team in certain conferences are that deserving. Most of the time a third or 4th Pee Sack team is overkill. It should have just been IUP and Shepherd this past season.
    I'm not arguing that at all, but the PSAC is like two conferences in one. If I had my way, the East and West would only meet the last week of the season, and the first three weeks would be for non-conference games.

Comment

An MIAA team has never set foot in PA.
      Doesn't mean they didn't call. We already know you spout lies and mis-truths, why should we trust you when you say they never called?

Comment

• Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

You can't just assume SR1 is as competitive as the other regions when you keep getting blown out in the playoffs.Any single football season is not independent from one year to the next. You may have individual teams get the bounce in isolated contests, but as a whole of the competition the law of averages bears fruit.
        Part of the reason there is momentum for change is because of the most recent results in the semifinals. SR1 has been struggled in the last three semifinal games, outscored by an average score of 52-12.

Since the regions were realigned, these are the results.

SR Score Ave. Opp. Ave.
        1 76 (15.2) 214 (42.8)
        2 136 (27.2) 124 (24.8)
        3 166 (33.2) 108 (21.6)
        4 189 (37.8) 121 (24.2)

Comment

An MIAA team has never set foot in PA.
          Nevermind. I thought the reply was to Kle (GV).

Do you know of any times a PSAC teams has played an MIAA team outside of IUP in 1999 and West Chester in 2004?

Comment

• I think the idea of a Final 8 coming out of regions and not playing regional finals but getting reseeded into a second bracket is interesting. It would have to go by their original regional seed.

If it was this past season:

1. Grand Valley
            2. Angelo State
            3. IUP
            4. Ferris Bueller
            5. West Florida
            6. Colorado Mines
            7. Shepherd
            8. Wingate.

Games would be
            Wingate at Grand Valley
            Shepherd at Angelo State
            Colorado Mines at IUP
            West Florida at Ferris Bueller

The winners would then be reseeded with the lowest remaining playingbthe highest remaining and the two middle face off. I hate hard brackets..the top seed remaining should always play the lowest remaining.

The NCAA needs to negotiate better rates for flights.

Comment

I think the idea of a Final 8 coming out of regions and not playing regional finals but getting reseeded into a second bracket is interesting. It would have to go by their original regional seed.

If it was this past season:

1. Grand Valley
              2. Angelo State
              3. IUP
              4. Ferris Bueller
              5. West Florida
              6. Colorado Mines
              7. Shepherd
              8. Wingate.

Games would be
              Wingate at Grand Valley
              Shepherd at Angelo State
              Colorado Mines at IUP
              West Florida at Ferris Bueller

The winners would then be reseeded with the lowest remaining playingbthe highest remaining and the two middle face off. I hate hard brackets..the top seed remaining should always play the lowest remaining.

The NCAA needs to negotiate better rates for flights.
              Ferris was the overall #2 seed in the rankings I think, but yes I think this is the best way forth considering wholesale changes rarely happen. Reseed at the quarterfinals and have a true national playoff from there. To further hammer it home to get the "best" in, Region 3 needs to get split up with the MIAA going to Region 4 or the GLIAC to region 1. Moving the GLIAC to region 1 probably would force the MEC to region 2 or something of that nature since the balance of total schools would be way off at that point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

I'm not arguing that at all, but the PSAC is like two conferences in one. If I had my way, the East and West would only meet the last week of the season, and the first three weeks would be for non-conference games.
                They could cut one crossover. Two is sufficient and it opens up two weeks to play OOC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Nevermind. I thought the reply was to Kle (GV).

Do you know of any times a PSAC teams has played an MIAA team outside of IUP in 1999 and West Chester in 2004?
                  You could potentially count Shepherd in 2015, but they were in the MEC at that time.

Comment

• Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

Doesn't mean they didn't call. We already know you spout lies and mis-truths, why should we trust you when you say they never called?
                    Do you have the receipts?

Comment

• Nevermind. I thought the reply was to Kle (GV).

Bloomsburg and California both made trips to Maryville in Semi final games. How did you forget?

:-)

Heck CalU sent their band out there and you all got treated to their fight song “On Top Of Spaghetti”.
                      Last edited by IUPNation; 03-03-2023, 11:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Ferris was the overall #2 seed in the rankings I think, but yes I think this is the best way forth considering wholesale changes rarely happen. Reseed at the quarterfinals and have a true national playoff from there. To further hammer it home to get the "best" in, Region 3 needs to get split up with the MIAA going to Region 4 or the GLIAC to region 1. Moving the GLIAC to region 1 probably would force the MEC to region 2 or something of that nature since the balance of total schools would be way off at that point.
                        I have been thinking about that as well, and if the GLIAC came back to SR1, I would think the MEC would almost have to go to SR2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

You could potentially count Shepherd in 2015, but they were in the MEC at that time.
                          Yeah.

Comment

Bloomsburg and California both made trips to Maryville in Semi final games. How did you forget?

:-)

Heck CalU sent their band out there and you all got treated to their fight song “On Top Of Spaghetti”.
                            Another example of how I'm worried about the entire thing and not focused on one team!

Comment

• The tricky part about SR2 is that if you move the MEC to it, you have to move another conference away from SR2... and the one that makes the most sense to move is the GSC. And now SR2 is the "weak region".

Comment

• CalU Marching Band In Maryville playing their fight song “On Top Of Spaghetti”

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X