Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brook Stadium - (Coastal Carolina University) Conway / Myrtle Beach SC.
    Lots of the major & economical airlines service Myrtle Beach's International Airport.
    Tons of excellent 'off season' hotel rates
    Great golf courses, restaurants, entertainment, fishing, ect.
    Typically pretty good weather that time of year.

Comment

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post

Doesn't the FCS championship game occur the same weekend as the final week of the NFL regular season since the league added another game? If so, I'd feel more comfortable scheduling all the lower divisions championships against NFL week 18 than FBS bowl games. Let's be honest most of the NFL playoff spots/seeds are already secured in week 18. A handful of games matter that weekend, but not the entire slate.

I'm not a TV exec with a job on the line, but I think it would be worth trying it for a season or two. I'd be willing to bet the D2 and D3 championships would get higher ratings than usual in your suggestion.

SN: Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium at the Naval Academy is way too big of a venue for the Stagg Bowl.
      If it is week 18 then my suggestion wouldn't work. The Saturday before is all NFL games on ABC that have "playoff implications."
      Go Bronchos!

Comment

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post

Doesn't the FCS championship game occur the same weekend as the final week of the NFL regular season since the league added another game? .
        Yes, now it does. Originally it was played on Saturday of wildcard weekend, so ESPN had the game late morning/early afternoon, and then the NFL games started mid afternooon.

Now, because of the NFL adding a week to their regular season, it is against the final NFL weekend. And since ESPN has a couple NFL games in their package now, they moved the FCS game to Sunday, which is a terrible time to have it, against the early NFL games.

So I don't know how you could do a triple or even double header with D3 or D2, there's not enough space. Unless you could keep all of them on Saturday on ESPN 2 or U.
        Which I'd prefer, even if the FCS championship stays by itself, better to go against one ESPN NFL game than the regular NFL Sunday schedule.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X