Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Reclassifications

With the end near of the college basketball season and the end of the school year not far behind what D2 schools do you see announcing upgrading to D1?

I can't think of any.

Comment

None. Nobody is worthy.

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
        None. Nobody is worthy.
        I'd contest that, but it won't matter. New Haven is most likely to move up with St. Francis Brooklyn shutting down athletics last night

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post

I'd contest that, but it won't matter. New Haven is most likely to move up with St. Francis Brooklyn shutting down athletics last night
          With New Haven, the answer to D1 has been not if, but when, and the when is coming closer and closer with the new construction they are doing and the new training center that just opened. Wouldn’t be surprised if they moved up this year.

Comment

I stand corrected, New Haven is worthy.

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post

I stand corrected, New Haven is worthy.
              That's just to start. Grand Valley, and Augustana come to mind. Just waiting on Conference invites

Comment

That's just to start. Grand Valley, and Augustana come to mind. Just waiting on Conference invites
                Ohio Valley or the A-Sun could ask GV I guess ... Augie is in a pickle since the Summit said no thanks. With 10 members, I don't see them adding just 1.

LeMoyne (non-football) another candidate for the Northeast Conference which needs members.

Comment

Originally posted by Try II View Post

Ohio Valley or the A-Sun could ask GV I guess ... Augie is in a pickle since the Summit said no thanks. With 10 members, I don't see them adding just 1.

LeMoyne (non-football) another candidate for the Northeast Conference which needs members.
                  Fingers crossed MSU pulls the trigger. Summit can add us and Augie. That's fine by me

Comment

Lincoln Memorial has wanted D1 for years, but I think they are waiting on the right invite. Tough situation for them as getting to Harrogate, TN is not easy and they do not have football...

Comment

Originally posted by RedFromMI View Post
                      Lincoln Memorial has wanted D1 for years, but I think they are waiting on the right invite. Tough situation for them as getting to Harrogate, TN is not easy and they do not have football...
                      Seems like the ASUN would be a great fit for Lincoln Memorial. Half the conference doesn't sponsor football or sponsors non-scholly football so I wouldn't think that would be a stop to them making the jump.

Comment

Fingers crossed MSU pulls the trigger. Summit can add us and Augie. That's fine by me
                        Has Mankato even hinted at moving to D1? Any what state board would have to approve? Probably need a new AD and press first ...

https://www.mankatofreepress.com/new...d7fcd09ce.html

Comment

Originally posted by Try II View Post

Has Mankato even hinted at moving to D1? Any what state board would have to approve? Probably need a new AD and press first ...

https://www.mankatofreepress.com/new...d7fcd09ce.html
                          No, too scared to leave the little pond. Financial backers complaining they don't want to drop football to Non-Scholarship status or dropped outright.
                          As for the Press Box it sounds like the planning has begun to build a new stadium in the next few years. This has been confirmed by a few people close to the school.

Comment

No, too scared to leave the little pond. Financial backers complaining they don't want to drop football to Non-Scholarship status or dropped outright.
                            As for the Press Box it sounds like the planning has begun to build a new stadium in the next few years. This has been confirmed by a few people close to the school.
                            Long overdue. No offense, but Mankato's stadium is pretty blah compared to some of the other D2 powers, especially the press box. At least that was the case when I covered a UMD-Mankato in 2016.
                            Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by realignmentreport1 View Post
                              With the end near of the college basketball season and the end of the school year not far behind what D2 schools do you see announcing upgrading to D1?
                              They probably would've announced by now, I would think.
                              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X