Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferris State coach Tony Annese suspended for next Division II playoff game

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ational-title/

Annese is suspended due to two of his players smoking cigars following their national title win last fall.

This suspension seems harsh to me.

Comment

So let me get this straight: A high-level division one basketball player at Alabama can supply a gun for a murder that he probably knew was going to happen. And he doesn't get arrested and he gets to continue playing in the big dance. Any division one football coach is allowed to tamper on any roster in America and not suffer any repercussions. But if you light up a cigar to celebrate a win you get penalized? This is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
        https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ational-title/

Annese is suspended due to two of his players smoking cigars following their national title win last fall.
        This is ridiculous.

Comment

Comment

So this is the second year in a row that they did this? And this came from ESPN: Ferris State also was fined $2,500 by the NCAA and charged $15,383 by the McKinney ISD for cleaning and repairs to the locker room after the victory over Colorado School of Mines.

Seems like it may have been more than just lighting up a couple of stogies. Though I'm surprised by the NCAA's response.

Comment

Yes, they were warned not to do it again (and fined) when they did after winning in ‘21. So is a large part of it. Remember the game is played at a HS facility where Tobacco is banned (otherwise it would be moot point). And I don’t know this for a fact but I would also assume it’s a harsh message to Ferris and TA that they need to clean their act up, especially when it comes to NCAA post season events as even these two incidents are not isolated events.

Comment

It is a really odd suspension.

Comment

The NCAA was so mad at LSU and Joe Burrow for this, that they put Akron on 5 year probation!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagles73 View Post
                    The NCAA was so mad at LSU and Joe Burrow for this, that they put Akron on 5 year probation!
                    I thought you were going to say that they were so mad that they shut down St Francis................

Comment

Thats an old Jerry Tarkanian saying about UCLA or someone violating rules, and ncaa putting Cleveland St on probation, just thought i would tweak it a bit!

Comment

The D2 game is run by the NCAA and the lovely handbook they have has plenty of rules like this. The BCS playoff/bowl games are not run by the NCAA and outside their "long arm of the law" Hence, the weird look.

Comment

So you can’t have tobacco on the premises but this being Texastan do they still let the locals carry their concealed weapons into the stadium?

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                            So this is the second year in a row that they did this? And this came from ESPN: Ferris State also was fined $2,500 by the NCAA and charged $15,383 by the McKinney ISD for cleaning and repairs to the locker room after the victory over Colorado School of Mines.

Seems like it may have been more than just lighting up a couple of stogies. Though I'm surprised by the NCAA's response.
                            $15,000 to clean up the locker room. What a scam. Open the window and use some fresh air

Comment

Originally posted by Gliac_fan10 View Post
                              Yes, they were warned not to do it again (and fined) when they did after winning in ‘21. So is a large part of it. Remember the game is played at a HS facility where Tobacco is banned (otherwise it would be moot point). And I don’t know this for a fact but I would also assume it’s a harsh message to Ferris and TA that they need to clean their act up, especially when it comes to NCAA post season events as even these two incidents are not isolated events.
                              The fact that they were given a warning last year makes it less ridiculous, but I still think the $15,000 cleaning bill is a scam.

They should have smoked a whole bunch of pot. They wouldn't be suspended, they wouldn't have to pay for anything, and they would be celebrated.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X