Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deion Sander's purge of his roster at Colorado

I've been watching how Deion Sanders is purging his roster at Colorado. SMU had more players on their roster at the time they (SMU) received the Death Penalty in 1986 than Colorado has now. I was curious, can my alma mater, a D2 team, schedule Colorado this year?

Originally posted by Pure cool View Post
    I've been watching how Deion Sanders is purging his roster at Colorado. SMU had more players on their roster at the time they (SMU) received the Death Penalty in 1986 than Colorado has now. I was curious, can my alma mater, a D2 team, schedule Colorado this year?
    Why do you want to watch your alma mater get destroyed?

Comment

I wonder if any RMAC schools will benefit from it.

Comment

Mines hopefully picks up a few transfers. Only a 30 minute drive from Boulder to Golden and it seems like being a starter on a D2 National Championship contender would be much more fun than bench for a low tier FBS/FCS team.

Comment

Originally posted by FortLewis4Lyfe View Post
          Mines hopefully picks up a few transfers. Only a 30 minute drive from Boulder to Golden and it seems like being a starter on a D2 National Championship contender would be much more fun than bench for a low tier FBS/FCS team.
          Yeah, if they got the grades to get into Mines.

Comment

Years ago, when Northern Colorado was D2 and winning national championships, they played in the NCC against mostly against Dakota and MN schools. UNC always had their fair share of Buffalo transfers including a very good RB with the last name of Snowden if my memory is correct. Maybe some will go local D2.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
              Years ago, when Northern Colorado was D2 and winning national championships, they played in the NCC against mostly against Dakota and MN schools. UNC always had their fair share of Buffalo transfers including a very good RB with the last name of Snowden if my memory is correct. Maybe some will go local D2.
              The real question is wtf happened to UNC football once they went D1.

As for CU, the Mizzou fans cursed them for the 5 down game, and they haven't been right since.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

The real question is wtf happened to UNC football once they went D1.

As for CU, the Mizzou fans cursed them for the 5 down game, and they haven't been right since.
                UNC was a powerhouse D2 school they were the 1st NCC school to move tú D1, which started the domino effect of most of the conference moving up and the downfall of NCC. Don't know why UNC has fallen so far since the move up. You would think they would have a recruiting advantage with the talent rich front range in their backyard. If UNC played school of mines I believe they would lose.

I'm thinking Mizzou lost a last second game against Nebraska on a reception in the end zone that was clearly incomplete also leading to NU downfall.

Comment

UNC was a powerhouse D2 school they were the 1st NCC school to move tú D1, which started the domino effect of most of the conference moving up and the downfall of NCC. Don't know why UNC has fallen so far since the move up. You would think they would have a recruiting advantage with the talent rich front range in their backyard. If UNC played school of mines I believe they would lose.

I'm thinking Mizzou lost a last second game against Nebraska on a reception in the end zone that was clearly incomplete also leading to NU downfall.
                  I laugh every time Mizzou loses, but I think they do have some witchcraft working for them.

I remember the UNC teams during that 3 or 4 year run. They knocked Pitt out of the playoffs too many times. I always assumed they were primed to be good in D1, but it never panned out.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I laugh every time Mizzou loses, but I think they do have some witchcraft working for them.

I remember the UNC teams during that 3 or 4 year run. They knocked Pitt out of the playoffs too many times. I always assumed they were primed to be good in D1, but it never panned out.
                    I remember the 1997 team in particular. 21-year-old me was certain my Chargers had a good shot at them, but nope. Read in the Sporting News (back when you could still get it mailed to you) someone had written about Joe Glenn being the next big football coach after he won the two titles at UNC. He wasn’t bad, but not that great after leaving Montana.

Comment

UNC won't schedule a good D2 team in the state any time soon I'm sure, they lost at home to Pueblo in 2013.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X