Lake Erie at Taylor (In.)
    Ohio Dominican at Kentucky Wesleyan

Hillsdale at Findlay
    Alderson Broaddus at Tiffin
    West Liberty
    at Walsh
    Lake Erie at Taylor, IN
    Last edited by crixus; 10-14-2019, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Hillsdale at Findlay - Will the real Oilers please stand up? If the Oilers want payback for last season, they better come more prepared than they have over the past two weeks.
      Alderson Broaddus at Tiffin - Well my prediction of AB being a sleeper team was real accurate.....
      West Liberty at Walsh - Hoping that Walsh can represent the GMAC on this one
      Lake Erie at Taylor (In.) - I feel like this is a coin flip. Taylor is NAIA, but Lake Erie is on the road and have not been a great team either. Prove me wrong Storm!
      Ohio Dominican at Kentucky Wesleyan - One of the two picks that I feel confident in.

Comment

Hillsdale at Findlay - Kind of a Homer pick here, but the Chargers have gotten it together over the past few weeks. The game vs Northwood went to OT, but the T-Wolves might just be the best 0-6 team in the nation. The Oilers will not go down easy, especially playing at home, and they'll want revenge over last year's loss to Happydale.
        Alderson Broaddus at Tiffin - What kind of an upset would this be if AB won? Won't happen.
        West Liberty at Walsh -I feel like WestLiberty will win, but I'll go with the GMAC, hoping, wishing for a Cavalier victory. They need one!
        Lake Erie at Taylor (In.) - About the same situation here as with the WL Walsh game. Going with LEC because I know they have improved, but still have a long, long way to go.
        Ohio Dominican at Kentucky Wesleyan - Ohio vs Kentucky. OD vs KWC. Nick name vs nick name! None of that matters because the ODO will win big, unless KWC has found a magic wand.

Comment

Hillsdale at Findlay - After a bad win against Walsh (yes, there are such things as bad wins) the Oilers come back this week and handle Hillsdale at home. You better believe that the UF coaches aren't letting the players forget what happened last year when a botched call by officials gave the game, and as it played out, the conference title to HC. Guessing the message this year is "this year, don't even give the refs a chance to mess it up". I have Findlay by double digits, something like 35-24. No cigar at midfield for Hillsdale's coach this year (which btw, isn't there an NCAA rule about tobacco use during a game?)

Alderson Broaddus at Tiffin - Easy pick here. Nick Watson has 300+ through the air again, maybe 400. Throws for 4 TDs. Dragons eclipse the 50-point mark for the fourth time this season and Alderson Broaddus falls deeper into the woes of defeat. Think about this, ABU is giving up 50 points per game....FIFTY!! That's almost 20 more ppg allowed than winless Kentucky Wesleyan (anyone else excited for that matchup to end the season??) Nothing else really to say but, it'll be a long bus ride back to Philippi for the Battlers. For fun, let's say 60-23.

West Liberty at Walsh - Walsh showed me a little last week against my Oilers, but, I don't think they get it done this weekend. With just a quick look at what West Lib has done this year, they've given up their fair share of points, but they've also scored a few, something that Walsh just can't manage. It's a tight one though, WLU wins it 24-21.

Lake Erie at Taylor (In.) - Don't really know what to make of this one either (can teams stop scheduling these NAIA games?!)..Taylor just got SMACKED last week to the tune of a 42-0 blasting by Siena Heights. So, my gut tells me Lake Erie will win, but I can't bring myself to pick a team that loses as much as the Storm. Granted, their defense, and I can't believe I'm going to say this, looks decent. Allowing 25 points per game ain't too shabby, but going on the road, edge goes to Taylor (plus their Silent Night game in basketball is cool so, roll Trojans). Another close one, 28-24

Ohio Dominican at Kentucky Wesleyan - Sorry Panther fans (of the KWC variety). ODU off a bye week, Evan Ernst is one of the most accurate passers in the country the last two years, and they're well coached. Sure, Wesleyans Wiley Cain is a promising freshman and that defense has seemed stout at times, but the Purple and White are winless for a reason and win number one sure ain't coming this weekend. Plus, ODU knows that they need to start putting impressive wins on their resume and hope for some help in the league if they want to win another title and, maybe, just maybe, sneak into the playoffs. ODU wins it 45-14.

Let's Get Oily!
          Last edited by GetOily; 10-15-2019, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Hillsdale at Findlay
            West Liberty at Walsh

Comment

Hillsdale at Findlay
              West Liberty at Walsh

Comment

Nobody picked AB or KW and rightly so. Both of them will most likely be winless when they face each other for the last game of the season. It'll be like a bowl game of futility. :D

Comment

For the sake of stirring up some conversation because, what are these boards for, what is everyone's opinion on instant replay capability at the Division II level? In thinking about the game this year against Hillsdale, can't help but reminice to a year ago where the Oilers got robbed late on a bad fumble call that, by season's end, decided who won the conference title and likely, who earned a playoff berth. With replay allowed, that call is easily overturned and Findlay scores, wins the game, and then who knows from there.

Everyone has streams now so the video is there (although the quality of the stream varies greatly), so there must be some way to get that information to the field in a timely manner.

It just seems like the kids deserve to have critical calls like that made correctly. And let's be honest, these DII refs are not as good as refs at higher levels, so I'm sure coaches could argue the need for replay is even higher. But the flip of that, you could get bogged down with so many challenges that games would be drawn out more, especially if the video isn't great.

Could you leave instant replay on a case-by-case basis where schools that are cabable have it and those that aren't dont? Then it's like basketball. At UF, we have refs all the time run over to the monitor to double check three-pointers, check the clock, check who a foul was on, etc. But when we go play at other schools, they might not have it.

Let's Get Oily!

Comment

Hillsdale at Findlay
                    West Liberty at Walsh

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
                      Hillsdale at Findlay
                      West Liberty at Walsh
                      Findlay can beat Hillsdale, they have to. The only other win needed is LEvsTaylor

Comment

My pics Hillsdlale at FINDLAY*
                        ab at TIFFIN*
                        wl at WALSH*
                        LAKE ERIE* at Taylor
                        ODU* at kw

Comment

Obviously i have no life. While you are all getting laid, i'm talking Dll football. That's OK, bet my stress level is a lot lower.

Comment

Hillsdale at Findlay
                            West Liberty at Walsh

Comment

Ha Ha Thunder62 I got you with LEC, i'm moving to Vegas.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X