• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMAC/GLVC Scheduling Alliance

https://greatmidwestsports.com/news/...-alliance.aspx

Good news for Ohio Dominican...

Comment

Interesting idea. No doubt the two conferences want to make sure their teams get a full slate of games in every year - *cough cough ODU cough* - as it has plagued some playoff chances in recent years. It also ensures a little better competition will have to be played for the league's bottom feeders who have historically played some pretty bad non-conference opponents.

Overall, solid idea. It'll be fun to see how it plays out.

Comment

It will have to suffice until they come to the obvious conclusion that they are much more secure as one large league rather than two small leagues. With eight teams each of these leagues are on the edge if one or more teams suddenly (think MALONE) are not there. Sixteen teams with an East/West structure and a championship game would greatly enhance the chances of multiple teams making the playoffs. Does this alignment mean that the GMAC will not consider a merger with the MEC? Seems so to me.

Comment

So this could set up potential rematches in the Bowl game then huh?

Cool Story Bro

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post
            So this could set up potential rematches in the Bowl game then huh?
            Yes, my personal opinion, which means nothing, is that they are buying time, 2 more years, until both leagues figure out what they want to do about their problem child, football. Don't get me wrong, this alliance solves a lot of scheduling problems, I just don't think it will be around long.

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post

Yes, my personal opinion, which means nothing, is that they are buying time, 2 more years, until both leagues figure out what they want to do about their problem child, football. Don't get me wrong, this alliance solves a lot of scheduling problems, I just don't think it will be around long.
              I'm (lindenwood) is new to the GLVC. Why is it a problem child?
              Cool Story Bro

Comment

Seems like a good solution. Still lets schools do a few OoCs on their own.

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post

I'm (lindenwood) is new to the GLVC. Why is it a problem child?
                  Yeah, I was being too negative in my earlier post. Football will be fine in both leagues with this arrangement. If there are no "Malones" in the future they could actually extend this every two years and both leagues would be fine. My only complaint about the GMAC has been football scheduling and this solves that problem. Not to worry, I'll probably find something else to gripe about.

Comment

I almost forgot about this alliance. So in 21/22 we'll all have 9 games for sure. Guess Ashland will take over the AB spot.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X