• Show
Clear All

• Week 11 Games

Tiffin at Findlay
    Walsh at Missouri Baptist
    Ohio Dominican at Hillsdale
    Lake Erie at Indianapolis
    Alderson Broaddus at Kentucky Wesleyan

Well here we are. ODU vs Hillsdale will be a great contest. Will be a great game. Betting o Hillsdale. Other than that the only other meaningful match up is Findlay vs Tiffin.
    May the best man win.

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
      Tiffin at Findlay
      i hope we can reduce our stupid penalties to beat you.

Comment

Letrs go baby

Comment

I'll get my picks in on Monday, but just to throw this out there now, I'm hearing that in the G-MAC there is no tiebreaker to determine the football champ. So, should ODU and Findlay win, there will be a three-way tie as the conference champion. Am I alone in thinking that's a bad look for the league?

Picks to come! Should be a fun weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by GetOily View Post
            I'll get my picks in on Monday, but just to throw this out there now, I'm hearing that in the G-MAC there is no tiebreaker to determine the football champ. So, should ODU and Findlay win, there will be a three-way tie as the conference champion. Am I alone in thinking that's a bad look for the league?

Picks to come! Should be a fun weekend!

Comment

Tiffin at Findlay

Now that AB has a win I think they won't be as jacked up to beat KW as they should be. And that could open a door for KW to finally get a win too. I don't know much about Missouri Baptist or Indianapolis, but I'm going with all home teams this week.
              Last edited by crixus; 11-13-2019, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Comment

Tiffin at Findlay - Well, it all comes down to this, the War for 224. Tiffin wins, and they punch their ticket to the playoffs, as well as win the conference outright. Findlay wins, and they force a share of the title, and keep small hopes alive for a playoff birth. The Oilers have dominated this series, and it seems like Findlay is to Tiffin, as ODU is to Findlay; just a hump that they have not been able to get past. This should be a good game, and the Oilers will need to strap it up and come ready to play to have a chance. I have to go with my Oilers though.

Walsh at Missouri Baptist - Walsh travels to Missouri to close out their season. A tough loss to AB last week, and it will depend on which team shows up. I'll go with the GMAC team on this one.

Ohio Dominican at Hillsdale - The Oilers need Hillsdale to win this one. I'm going with my heart for this pick, although this should be another really good game to catch this weekend.

Lake Erie at Indianapolis - Lake Erie gets no rest to finish their season. A tough one on the road against a good team.

Alderson Broaddus at Kentucky Wesleyan - Well the Battlers came away with the win last weekend. Could it be two in a row to end the year?

Comment

Ok D2 GMAC Message Board fans, it's time to GET OILY! Here are the picks!

#21 Tiffin at Findlay - (Anyone noticing that Findlay has had the most intriguing matchup in the conference for like, five weeks this season?) There's a reason that the Oilers haven't lost in this matchup since 1992...but I don't know what it is. All I DO KNOW is that Findlay needs this one like a deep-sea diver needs oxygen. Tiffin has moved up to #21 in the latest NCAA poll despite not really playing a tough schedule. Yes, they have a win over Ohio Dominican which is a good win, but that's about it right now. However, should they beat the Oilers, no doubt they deserve a spot in the playoffs.

Now to my Oilers. Since it hasn't really been talked about on here, HOLY S**T! What a game they played against Ashland. Now, I get it, Ashland isn't the Ashland of about four years ago when they were a legit top-10 type team, but still, 53-18? The Eagles had only lost one regular-season game to an unranked opponent in three years and the Oilers physically DOMINATED them. My buddies and I were at the game and commented how, while we wanted Findlay to win, we didn't expect them to look and act like the much more prepared team. But hey, that's why they play the game.

So to my pick, if the Oilers win this weekend, and I think they will, their playoff chances are very much alive. It would create a scenario in which three teams tie for the conference title (should ODU win). At 7-2, I just don't see any way the Panthers can be a justifiable pick to make the playoffs. Is their team good enough? There's zero dobut. But, a limited schedule will haunt them and seven wins just doesn't stack up when you'd have multiple teams with eight. That being the case, Findlay has a ton to play for and they're at home. Tiffin has the best running back in the league (sorry Brian Benson/Nate Slagel) but, Findlay showed against Ashland that they can stop the run in a hurry and, when a team is forced to throw against the Oilers, those DBs are licking their chops looking for takeaways (16 INT on the year...let me say that again...SIXTEEN!). I think the Oilers get it done at home by double digits, although it'll be close early. Findlay wins it and gets a share of their first conference title, score: 35-24.

Walsh at Missouri Baptist: Don't know ANYTHING about Missouri Baptist, but one quick look at their schedule tells me, they're not very good. Walsh is decent and, sure that's a long trip, Cavs get it done. No clue on a score, lets say 45-20. I'll be honest, don't really care about an out-of-league matchup with no implications for anything. But, I'll root for the league any chance I can.

Ohio Dominican at Hillsdale - This may be a better game than some think. ODU probably knows that they don't really have a serious shot at a playoff berth and going on the road to Hillsdale College is not exactly a short drive. But that being the case, they're certainly going to play hard and top to bottom, definitely have the better team. Hillsdale though, playing at home on senior day probably feels like they have something to prove. They were selected as the preseason champion and to be honest, they've just laid an egg of a season. Haven't really been competitve at all in the games that matter. I think they keep it close-ish, but ODU will win and earn themselves a share of the championship crown. Final: 31-20

Lake Erie at Indianapolis - Sorry Storm fans, UIndy ain't slipping up in this one. That's all there is to say. Lake Erie, while much improved from past years, don't have NEARLY the talent they need to even sniff a win. Blowout, something like 55-14.

Alderson Broaddus at Kentucky Wesleyan - Well, here we are. The Toilet Bowl. Unfortunately, we didn't get the matchup of winless teams like we all had hoped (or maybe just me). But I'll be damned if AB went out last week with something to prove. They freakin got it done against Walsh...

That being the case, I believe we'll have a pair of one-win teams after this week because I think KWC playing at home has a chip on their shoulder (a very small chip, but a chip). No one wants to go winless, especially in the first year of a new head coach that many believed would take this team to the promised land - or at least a couple wins here or there! Panthers have a decent offense and Alderson Broaddus has, quite literally, the worst defense in the league and one of the worst in the country. GIving up 47 points per game ain't easy, especially when they only gave up 17 to Walsh last week. Panthers will win this one, celebrate, and then they better get to recruiting because they need 'cruits...lots of em! Final here: 35-17.

Happy football everyone! Hopefully I can hop on next week and talk playoffs! If not for us then some other GMAC school...we shall see. If not, I guess we'll all talk....Crossroads Bowl?? (still not sure about that thing...Hobart seems like it'll be very cold)

LETS GET OILY!

Comment

Originally posted by oilerftbll View Post
                      Tiffin at Findlay - Well, it all comes down to this, the War for 224. Tiffin wins, and they punch their ticket to the playoffs, as well as win the conference outright. Findlay wins, and they force a share of the title, and keep small hopes alive for a playoff birth. The Oilers have dominated this series, and it seems like Findlay is to Tiffin, as ODU is to Findlay; just a hump that they have not been able to get past. This should be a good game, and the Oilers will need to strap it up and come ready to play to have a chance. I have to go with my Oilers though.

Walsh at Missouri Baptist - Walsh travels to Missouri to close out their season. A tough loss to AB last week, and it will depend on which team shows up. I'll go with the GMAC team on this one.

Ohio Dominican at Hillsdale - The Oilers need Hillsdale to win this one. I'm going with my heart for this pick, although this should be another really good game to catch this weekend.

Lake Erie at Indianapolis - Lake Erie gets no rest to finish their season. A tough one on the road against a good team.

Alderson Broaddus at Kentucky Wesleyan - Well the Battlers came away with the win last weekend. Could it be two in a row to end the year?
                      Of course you have to go with your Oilers. Tiffin needs to bring it's A Game, and quit stupid penalties, or there will be no contest. Ashland is no slouch, you've played teams far superior to what we were against, besides ODU and Hillsdale. We have a good team, and from snap to whistle were going to bring it, but by far the Oilers are the best team we will be playing this season. Not sure how there is a "committee" that ranks one team more valuable than another at this point in the season. You that i have been screwing with, have a lot more knowledge than i do in that respect. I'm just a defense loving arm chair quarterback. I watch your best offensive guys, and try to Bill Belechic your abilities away from you. And then address my team appropriately. This is the game we have been waiting for Oily.
                      Don't know anything about MB, but yes lets go GMAC baby.
                      Hillsdale... come on, Then there is less congestion.
                      LEC, dude lets go. You have a stud QB, learn to run the ball, you'll devastate.
                      AB, wanted them to have more of a show, guess we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by GetOily View Post
                        Ok D2 GMAC Message Board fans, it's time to GET OILY! Here are the picks!

#21 Tiffin at Findlay - (Anyone noticing that Findlay has had the most intriguing matchup in the conference for like, five weeks this season?) There's a reason that the Oilers haven't lost in this matchup since 1992...but I don't know what it is. All I DO KNOW is that Findlay needs this one like a deep-sea diver needs oxygen. Tiffin has moved up to #21 in the latest NCAA poll despite not really playing a tough schedule. Yes, they have a win over Ohio Dominican which is a good win, but that's about it right now. However, should they beat the Oilers, no doubt they deserve a spot in the playoffs.

Now to my Oilers. Since it hasn't really been talked about on here, HOLY S**T! What a game they played against Ashland. Now, I get it, Ashland isn't the Ashland of about four years ago when they were a legit top-10 type team, but still, 53-18? The Eagles had only lost one regular-season game to an unranked opponent in three years and the Oilers physically DOMINATED them. My buddies and I were at the game and commented how, while we wanted Findlay to win, we didn't expect them to look and act like the much more prepared team. But hey, that's why they play the game.

So to my pick, if the Oilers win this weekend, and I think they will, their playoff chances are very much alive. It would create a scenario in which three teams tie for the conference title (should ODU win). At 7-2, I just don't see any way the Panthers can be a justifiable pick to make the playoffs. Is their team good enough? There's zero dobut. But, a limited schedule will haunt them and seven wins just doesn't stack up when you'd have multiple teams with eight. That being the case, Findlay has a ton to play for and they're at home. Tiffin has the best running back in the league (sorry Brian Benson/Nate Slagel) but, Findlay showed against Ashland that they can stop the run in a hurry and, when a team is forced to throw against the Oilers, those DBs are licking their chops looking for takeaways (16 INT on the year...let me say that again...SIXTEEN!). I think the Oilers get it done at home by double digits, although it'll be close early. Findlay wins it and gets a share of their first conference title, score: 35-24.

Walsh at Missouri Baptist: Don't know ANYTHING about Missouri Baptist, but one quick look at their schedule tells me, they're not very good. Walsh is decent and, sure that's a long trip, Cavs get it done. No clue on a score, lets say 45-20. I'll be honest, don't really care about an out-of-league matchup with no implications for anything. But, I'll root for the league any chance I can.

Ohio Dominican at Hillsdale - This may be a better game than some think. ODU probably knows that they don't really have a serious shot at a playoff berth and going on the road to Hillsdale College is not exactly a short drive. But that being the case, they're certainly going to play hard and top to bottom, definitely have the better team. Hillsdale though, playing at home on senior day probably feels like they have something to prove. They were selected as the preseason champion and to be honest, they've just laid an egg of a season. Haven't really been competitve at all in the games that matter. I think they keep it close-ish, but ODU will win and earn themselves a share of the championship crown. Final: 31-20

Lake Erie at Indianapolis - Sorry Storm fans, UIndy ain't slipping up in this one. That's all there is to say. Lake Erie, while much improved from past years, don't have NEARLY the talent they need to even sniff a win. Blowout, something like 55-14.

Alderson Broaddus at Kentucky Wesleyan - Well, here we are. The Toilet Bowl. Unfortunately, we didn't get the matchup of winless teams like we all had hoped (or maybe just me). But I'll be damned if AB went out last week with something to prove. They freakin got it done against Walsh...

That being the case, I believe we'll have a pair of one-win teams after this week because I think KWC playing at home has a chip on their shoulder (a very small chip, but a chip). No one wants to go winless, especially in the first year of a new head coach that many believed would take this team to the promised land - or at least a couple wins here or there! Panthers have a decent offense and Alderson Broaddus has, quite literally, the worst defense in the league and one of the worst in the country. GIving up 47 points per game ain't easy, especially when they only gave up 17 to Walsh last week. Panthers will win this one, celebrate, and then they better get to recruiting because they need 'cruits...lots of em! Final here: 35-17.

Happy football everyone! Hopefully I can hop on next week and talk playoffs! If not for us then some other GMAC school...we shall see. If not, I guess we'll all talk....Crossroads Bowl?? (still not sure about that thing...Hobart seems like it'll be very cold)

LETS GET OILY!
                        Lets go baby, may the best man win.

Comment

Originally posted by oilerftbll View Post

Love the FINDLAY is to tiffin what ODU is to Findlay... HOWVE ER ... have you considered the OC that dominated Findlay the last 2 years is now Tiffins HC? Just food for thought ...

Comment

Originally posted by HeftyLefty View Post

Love the FINDLAY is to tiffin what ODU is to Findlay... HOWVE ER ... have you considered the OC that dominated Findlay the last 2 years is now Tiffins HC? Just food for thought ...

Comment

https://twitter.com/TUDragonFB/statu...32092562087937

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X