Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMAC Fall Plans?

Curiously silence from the GMAC concerning their fall sports plan. Anyone know if they are planning on playing a full fall sports schedule? Are they planning on shutting down as some other conferences have? Are they making any scheduling adjustments if they do play?

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
    Curiously silence from the GMAC concerning their fall sports plan. Anyone know if they are planning on playing a full fall sports schedule? Are they planning on shutting down as some other conferences have? Are they making any scheduling adjustments if they do play?
    We honestly get zero information from the GMAC. I can't imagine them making a bold move either way until they have no choice.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Likely they're all waiting for the others to go first. Real leadership makes their decisions on the basis of what's best for them. Not a lot of that around right now.

Comment

With the MEC now not playing any actual games until October 1st, I would think that the GMAC might be getting close to figuring out what they want to do. Ya never know.

Comment

As of 11:45am Monday, GLVC, GLIAC and G-MAC still have not announced alternative scheduling.

Comment

GLVC has announced their plans. https://glvcsports.com/news/2020/7/2...mpetition.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
                  I checked all three pages before I pressed post. But, I had a feeling that it wouldn't take long for at least one of them to quickly make my post obsolete.

At this point, I'd expect the G-MAC to follow suit. The GLVC office and G-MAC office are one block apart from each other and I'm sure they have spent time reviewing this together. Plus, you have the football scheduling alliance, volleyball crossover events, etc.

Comment

Seasons will start September 24th.

https://greatmidwestsports.com/news/...tember-24.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post

Its crazy how "every man for himself" this is. So for neighboring conferences:

- PSAC and GLVC are not having any Fall competition
                      - G-MAC is starting Sept 24
                      - MEC is starting Oct 1
                      - GLIAC hasn't announced a start date. GLIAC presidents plan to reconvene in early August to re-evaluate.
                      Last edited by BlueBlood; 07-29-2020, 04:56 AM.

Comment

R.I.P. The Crossroads Bowl. You had a long run?! Maybe a GLIAC will fill in for a GLVC assuming both GMAC/GLIAC conferences make it through a season before covid canceled.

Comment

By moving the dates back, it looks like the G- MAC and MEC are basically letting their schools get their student bodies back on campus first (and see how that goes), then allowing practice (and see how that goes), then allowing games (if all went reasonable well with the first two parts). There are lots of derailment opportunities, but Its a plan at least.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBlood View Post
                            By moving the dates back, it looks like the G- MAC and MEC are basically letting their schools get their student bodies back on campus first (and see how that goes), then allowing practice (and see how that goes), then allowing games (if all went reasonable well with the first two parts). There are lots of derailment opportunities, but Its a plan at least.
                            Its called getting kids to come to school in the fall. If you cancel sports now you know how many kids aren't showing up to campus? Its all about the money.

Comment

Great Midwest moves football to Spring.

https://greatmidwestsports.com/news/...on-update.aspx
                              Last edited by UFOILERFAN; 08-10-2020, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X