Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
    The poster, buckeyeblitz, was the only poster that I saw call any thing that came to fruition. When he decides to post, I will believe it. He called the original G-MAC expansion to the letter. Every thing else is just babble and speculation. I don't think any one here has any "inside" info from the G-MAC side and certainly no posters from the MEC. I think I have heard the "Pikeville" to the MEC for the past 8 years which is pretty comical every time I read it.

The G-MAC needs to add football schools pretty soon. That is all I can give you.

Have a great day!
    Although this began as a GMAC/GLIAC thread, it seems to have evolved into the future of the GMAC. The SR1 (assuming the SR system survives) is an odd combination of 3 leagues with near/at minimal membership and 1 monster league. The NE10, with 9 teams, is such an outlier geographically that there is almost nothing that can help them if they lose teams, unless they can convince teams like Franklin-Pierce to add the sport or find D3 teams to move up. The MEC with 11 teams are OK for the moment but with several schools on shaky footing their future is certainly not secure. The GMAC has some nice programs but at 8 members their existence is on the edge. If they don't care to pursue merger with the MEC, which in my opinion is the best option, far and away, I'd suggest that the individual member schools quickly look to join any nearby league they choose to avoid having to beg when the league is no longer viable. Though I like the 3 privates in the Western PSAC, if some or all were to leave it wouldn't be a big blow and they could help to stabilize either or both of these leagues. Do I think it likely, absolutely not, but stranger things have happened. Time will tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by GLIAC Fan View Post
      Over the past month I had a chance to attend five D2 spring games/practices; two in the GLIAC and three from G-MAC. Spoke to head and assistant coaches on a variety of subjects, below is a synopsis of their updates/predictions.

1. By 2020 both Ashland & Northwood will be leaving the GLIAC for the G-MAC
      4. Inquiring that if both Ashland & Northwood left the GLIAC, leaving just seven football schools remaining, the two GLIAC coaches thought that scenario would be a disaster
      Interesting predictions and thoughts

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Although this began as a GMAC/GLIAC thread, it seems to have evolved into the future of the GMAC. The SR1 (assuming the SR system survives) is an odd combination of 3 leagues with near/at minimal membership and 1 monster league. The NE10, with 9 teams, is such an outlier geographically that there is almost nothing that can help them if they lose teams, unless they can convince teams like Franklin-Pierce to add the sport or find D3 teams to move up. The MEC with 11 teams are OK for the moment but with several schools on shaky footing their future is certainly not secure. The GMAC has some nice programs but at 8 members their existence is on the edge. If they don't care to pursue merger with the MEC, which in my opinion is the best option, far and away, I'd suggest that the individual member schools quickly look to join any nearby league they choose to avoid having to beg when the league is no longer viable. Though I like the 3 privates in the Western PSAC, if some or all were to leave it wouldn't be a big blow and they could help to stabilize either or both of these leagues. Do I think it likely, absolutely not, but stranger things have happened. Time will tell.
        Perhaps a PSAC poster shouldn't be throwing stones about schools on "shaky footing" from OTHER conferences??!!

If the three PSAC privates were to leave, coupled with the potential to lose three additional football programs from the combined Ca/Clarion/Edinboro and Lock Haven/Mansfield/Bloomsburg universities...That could leave the PSAC with 10 football playing schools and included in that number would be several schools that are on "shaky ground" of their own!

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
          Perhaps a PSAC poster shouldn't be throwing stones about schools on "shaky footing" from OTHER conferences??!!

If the three PSAC privates were to leave, coupled with the potential to lose three additional football programs from the combined Ca/Clarion/Edinboro and Lock Haven/Mansfield/Bloomsburg universities...That could leave the PSAC with 10 football playing schools and included in that number would be several schools that are on "shaky ground" of their own!
          Duly noted. Now there are two conferences with schools on "shaky ground". Should make for some interesting discussions in the next several years.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Duly noted. Now there are two conferences with schools on "shaky ground". Should make for some interesting discussions in the next several years.
            While I don't really follow the status of GMAC schools, I note that Malone dropped football (other sports?) due to financial difficulties and I recall reading that Lake Erie was having some enrolement/financial issues. If true, that would mean a 3rd conference with members having some issues.

I've said in the past that the best move for the MEC and GMAC is to combine and create one supersized conference. With some minor movement, you could have two divisions made up roughly of the schools in each current conference. You could call it the Mountain Mid-West Conference or something like that and have the Great Midwest and Mountain East Divisions...But that makes too much sense so it will never happen.

Comment

While I don't really follow the status of GMAC schools, I note that Malone dropped football (other sports?) due to financial difficulties and I recall reading that Lake Erie was having some enrolement/financial issues. If true, that would mean a 3rd conference with members having some issues.

I've said in the past that the best move for the MEC and GMAC is to combine and create one supersized conference. With some minor movement, you could have two divisions made up roughly of the schools in each current conference. You could call it the Mountain Mid-West Conference or something like that and have the Great Midwest and Mountain East Divisions...But that makes too much sense so it will never happen.
              Yes, it would make sense and yes they won't have the common sense to do it.

Comment

• The GMAC is getting stronger in the fall of 2021 with Ashland, Northwood would be a solid addition if they do join in short time. The conference would have to look great for UIndy and NDC, heard nothing there, but it should make sense. I don't think it would be in the best interest to join with the MEC.

Comment

• Originally posted by D2Ohio View Post
                  The GMAC is getting stronger in the fall of 2021 with Ashland, Northwood would be a solid addition if they do join in short time. The conference would have to look great for UIndy and NDC, heard nothing there, but it should make sense. I don't think it would be in the best interest to join with the MEC.
                  People have been speculating about UIndy and NDC since about the time the GMAC started. Anything could happen but right now, it seems like both are happy were they are.

Comment

People have been speculating about UIndy and NDC since about the time the GMAC started. Anything could happen but right now, it seems like both are happy were they are.
                    I wonder how happy UIndy is seeing their conference footprint shifting more towards Missouri/Illinois compared to when the GLVC was created in the 1970s...
                    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

I wonder how happy UIndy is seeing their conference footprint shifting more towards Missouri/Illinois compared to when the GLVC was created in the 1970s...
                      Wouldn't adding UIndy represent an Indinana shift in the GMAC? Posters have stated that the draw for some schools is that the GMAC is an "Ohio Conference." UIndy certainly is not in Ohio.

Comment

Wouldn't adding UIndy represent an Indinana shift in the GMAC? Posters have stated that the draw for some schools is that the GMAC is an "Ohio Conference." UIndy certainly is not in Ohio.
                        Neither is Hillsdale or Northwood, whoops, I mean just Hillsdale, I did not mention Northwood.

I think it is geographic, not state lines, how many GMAC schools are the same travel as the closest two football, Quincy and McK?

Comment

• Originally posted by D2Ohio View Post

Neither is Hillsdale or Northwood, whoops, I mean just Hillsdale, I did not mention Northwood.

I think it is geographic, not state lines, how many GMAC schools are the same travel as the closest two football, Quincy and McK?
                          Just siting it as some posters have mentioned that one of the reasons they wanted their school to change conferences is because the wanted to play in an Ohio Conference.

Comment

• Some may have mentioned it but the idea was "like minded" schools. AKA private schools.

Comment

• Comment

• As far as I can see INDY is the only D2 FB school in Indiana other than IND. WESL U, MARIAN U, UNIV OF ST FRAN. and TAYLOR U in the NAIA. Not a lot to choose from even if they were interested. Truly strange that the GMAC HQ is in Indy. Sort of like the MEC being based in Pittsburgh. What is the history of that ?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X