Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• I agree with the statements of Uindy and NDC being the next logical steps for the GMAC. I believe Northwood will probably stay GLIAC, especially if they add some NAIA schools like Concordia Ann Arbor or Lawrence Tech. In the next few years, I think a lot of schools will be going with the lowest cost options travel wise, especially as we all have been hit hard by COVID. Therefore, I could see KWC and TNU leaving the GMAC for better geographic options. My dream would be a GMAC with the existing Ohio schools, Uindy, Hillsdale, NDC, and adding NAIA Marian in Indy and Saint Francis in Fort Wayne, maybe even Indiana Wesleyan and Taylor. I love the idea of a cross town D2 rivalry in Indianapolis

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
        Perhaps a PSAC poster shouldn't be throwing stones about schools on "shaky footing" from OTHER conferences??!!

If the three PSAC privates were to leave, coupled with the potential to lose three additional football programs from the combined Ca/Clarion/Edinboro and Lock Haven/Mansfield/Bloomsburg universities...That could leave the PSAC with 10 football playing schools and included in that number would be several schools that are on "shaky ground" of their own!
        I think the PSAC is as solid as can be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Until you read the financial information coming from the PASSHE.

Comment

Until you read the financial information coming from the PASSHE.
            Unless they are reduced to six schools they will be fine. I posted what I did since I doubt that happens.

Comment

Unless they are reduced to six schools they will be fine. I posted what I did since I doubt that happens.
              Same can be said of every SR1 conference. But if any one of them actually did dropped to 6 members, there would be plenty of speculation about the future of the conference!

Comment

Thanks to the addition of Shepherd. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by crixus View Post

Thanks to the addition of Shepherd. ;)
                  Wonder if Shepherd is having some buyers remorse now that the PSAC has canceled all winter sports and will probably do the same for fall sports that were rescheduled for the spring? Particularly since, as of right now, the MEC will be playing it's winter sports and playing it's fall sports in the spring?? I would imagine that supporters here about will say they DON'T regret the move, but DAM!!!!

Comment

Wonder if Shepherd is having some buyers remorse now that the PSAC has canceled all winter sports and will probably do the same for fall sports that were rescheduled for the spring? Particularly since, as of right now, the MEC will be playing it's winter sports and playing it's fall sports in the spring?? I would imagine that supporters here about will say they DON'T regret the move, but DAM!!!!
                    You make a strong case.

Comment

• I wonder how these Covid related shutdowns of sports is effecting conference bottom lines? I don't have a good handle on how DII conferences make their $ but I would presume it is from general and championship tourney sponsorship, member dues, the NCAA directly and from NCAA tourney selection/partisipation among member schools. Since we were last talking about the PSAC and since they have leaders in canceling entire seasons, lets use them...I would imagine that the amount of $'s they would be getting from the sponsors of the PSAC basketball tourney and football Championship game will be zero for 2020-21, they also will not be getting any NCAA $ from playoff partisipation. That would leave the general NCAA conference distribution as well as the conference dues to live on until the conference restarts some sort of sports. The good side is that I guess it really doesn't cost a whole lot to run a conference...pay for the web site, cut the Commissioner to part-time and lay off the rest of the staff.

There has been speculation about schools canceling their sports programs due to Covid but I wonder if conferences might be facing something similar?

Comment

PSAC member Edinboro has posted a 3 game sched MH SRU & Clarion. More ? who knows? I suppose they are working on more games.
                        They have their WBB PSAC sched listed as 16 games.

Comment

Wouldn't adding UIndy represent an Indinana shift in the GMAC? Posters have stated that the draw for some schools is that the GMAC is an "Ohio Conference." UIndy certainly is not in Ohio.
                          Well, unless something changed, the GMAC's offices are in the Indianapolis area. And I'm sure Kentucky Wesleyan and Trevecca Nazarene would have something to say about the GMAC being an "Ohio Conference" and the last time I checked, those two schools weren't in Ohio.
                          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Well, unless something changed, the GMAC's offices are in the Indianapolis area. And I'm sure Kentucky Wesleyan and Trevecca Nazarene would have something to say about the GMAC being an "Ohio Conference" and the last time I checked, those two schools weren't in Ohio.
                            Not saying I considered the GMAC to be an "Ohio Conference." What I said was that some have stated that the reason they want their team to move to the GMAC is because it is an Ohio Conference. As you correctly point out, plenty of current members outside of Ohio and the HQ of the conference isn't even in Ohio.

Comment

• Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

I think the idea of the GMAC as an "Ohio" conference makes sense, and current trends seem to indicate that the GMAC will continue to be Ohio-centric. They added Ashland, and the WV schools are gone. They have been rumored to be adding another Ohio school in NDC. Hillsdale is a Michigan school, but it about as close to Ohio you can be without actually being in Ohio (like 20 minutes from the border). It is not 100% Ohio at this point, but the future seems to be an Ohio (and maybe east/central Indiana) focus geographically, not Tennessee and Kentucky.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uindy18 View Post

I think the idea of the GMAC as an "Ohio" conference makes sense, and current trends seem to indicate that the GMAC will continue to be Ohio-centric. They added Ashland, and the WV schools are gone. They have been rumored to be adding another Ohio school in NDC. Hillsdale is a Michigan school, but it about as close to Ohio you can be without actually being in Ohio (like 20 minutes from the border). It is not 100% Ohio at this point, but the future seems to be an Ohio (and maybe east/central Indiana) focus geographically, not Tennessee and Kentucky.
                                "Ohio-Centric" is different than an Ohio conference. If you include UIndy, the GMAC would have 1/3 of it's members outside of Ohio as well as it's conference HQ. The "rumors" of NDC moving to the GMAC seem to be almost exclusively generated on this message board. Over the course of the last nine years, there have been several posters here saying that they have it on "good authority" that NDC would be moving to the GMAC any day now or that the GMAC had a "standing offer" to NDC for membership any time they wanted to join. Inspite of these message board rumors from folks claiming to be in contact with people in the know from the school and form the conference, it just never seems to happen.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X