Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walsh Univ Building On Campus Stadium

Interesting "Field of Dreams" approach to a program who's last winning season was 7-4 in '10. Since then average 3-7 each year in a league that's getting tougher recently. Wouldn't suggest spending too much of that $27M endowment just yet. Time will tell.

Comment

"If you build it, they will come." I have no idea, good luck to the Cavaliers.

Comment

So according to a Facebook post from October 1st of last year, they put in a turf field at the current track, and that will be considered their new "stadium". Last I checked they had no stands at said track, but I guess they will be working on that if they want to host football games. Also no on site locker rooms, or restrooms for fans. Seems like they have some work to do before they start hosting games.

Comment

Last edited by BlueBlood; 07-08-2021, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

I'm never a fan of stadiums where the football field is inside a track Hopefully they can do something that brings the stands closer to the field than most stadiums of this type do. I always think there has to be a way to have retractable seats come out over the track for football, but I've never seen a small stadium pull that off. I think there are couple large stadiums in Europe that do it - but that is a different animal.

Comment

The field looks great, but there are still some things that need to be done before you can just starting playing football games. Stands would be nice, but you have to have some type of press/coaches box off of field level. Seems like they are just trying to throw something together at the last minute to make it work.

Comment

Comment

I just pulled up some photos of Ashland - very nice venue. Are there any other G-MAC facilities that come close to rivaling it?

Comment

Ashland has the best athletic facilities by far, Hillsdale would be second. Findlay and Tiffins are ok outside of the HS stadiums they use for football. Walsh has a nice Bball arena. Lake Erie and ODU facilities on the bottom. Only taking into account the 8 football schools.

Comment

Comment

From my purely online look - I would agree. Hopefully Walsh can build something nice. I searched for a bit and did not see any discussion or sketches regarding what they want to build. I'm assuming that they might be back at the HS this season and that the stadium is down the road

Comment

Originally posted by unc4life View Post
                              The field looks great, but there are still some things that need to be done before you can just starting playing football games. Stands would be nice, but you have to have some type of press/coaches box off of field level. Seems like they are just trying to throw something together at the last minute to make it work.
                              I wouldn't expect it to happen this season, but at least that's a start.
                              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X