Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When it comes to stadiums, Lake Erie has the issue of little to no on campus areas for sports facilities. There is just not space on campus unless you are buying up homes to knock over. They do have basketball, volleyball, and the athletics offices in a fairly nice multi use facility but every other sport plays out of a shared facility with Harvey High School, the local city parks for softball, and the Lake County Captains for baseball (Singe A of the Cleveland Indians).

Comment

Whatever happened to Findlay's plan to build a new on Campus Stadium? Went back and found articles that said they were going to do this, but it has no been over 8 years since that talk had started.

It is good to see some of the GMAC schools still improving facilities. I know Hillsdale is looking to build a new track, and upgrade baseball and softball fields. If they do get a new track It will take the track away from the football stadium. Ashland is currently building the new fieldhouse and adding turf and other renovations to the baseball field. Also a plan has been started to add a softball field next to the current baseball field.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by unc4life View Post
          Whatever happened to Findlay's plan to build a new on Campus Stadium? Went back and found articles that said they were going to do this, but it has no been over 8 years since that talk had started.
          The benefactors got divorced, end project/

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBlood View Post

I just pulled up some photos of Ashland - very nice venue. Are there any other G-MAC facilities that come close to rivaling it?
            No. Only Lubbers in Allendale is nicer in this area for D2

Comment

Throwing up stands to seat 2K has got to be cheaper, which all they need

Comment

As much as I liked the trivia fact of Walsh (and Malone formerly) playing next to the NFL HoF, I think this is probably better for Walsh in the long run. Perhaps if Malone went this route awhile ago, they could still have football today.

Comment

I'm old school and prefer natural grass, but kudos to Walsh just the same. An on campus stadium is always better IMHO. Good luck to them and to the conference.
                  Last edited by crixus; 07-18-2021, 10:44 PM.

Comment

At least based off of todays news Walsh will be playing at Glen Oak high school for some of the year. They moved their home game vs Ashland from October 2nd to Thursday September 30th because of availability of the field.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBlood View Post
                        Saw this on D2 site and thought they had their own stadium and realized this wasn't what I was seeing on the game with Davenport

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X