Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranking GMAC in 2021

there are three tiers in this league in 2021. TU,UF & AU are the cream of the crop and could finish in any of the top three. All are worthy playoff contenders. The second tier is ODU & HC, each very solid teams that could upset a top 3 team league team but overall just a tad behind in talent and depth. The third tier is LC,WU & KYC. Neither of these teams can best one of the top five but will be more competitive than years past. Overall a much improved conference.

1. Tiffin
    2. Findlay
    3. Ashland
    4. ODU
    5. Hillsdale
    6. Walsh
    7. Lake Erie
    8. KYC.

I can't see Ashland finishing third, unless they have major QB problems.
    The top 5 are quality, should be a two team playoff conference.
    If Walsh does not finish sixth every year, an upset occurred. (either way)
    LEC & KYW should enjoy the game against each other every year.

Comment

Originally posted by GLIAC Fan View Post
      there are three tiers in this league in 2021. TU,UF & AU are the cream of the crop and could finish in any of the top three. All are worthy playoff contenders. The second tier is ODU & HC, each very solid teams that could upset a top 3 team league team but overall just a tad behind in talent and depth. The third tier is LC,WU & KYC. Neither of these teams can best one of the top five but will be more competitive than years past. Overall a much improved conference.

1. Tiffin
      2. Findlay
      3. Ashland
      4. ODU
      5. Hillsdale
      6. Walsh
      7. Lake Erie
      8. KYC.

I think this looks like a good start.

I have a few thoughts on Ashland.

1. Ashland is the only team in the GMAC that didn't play a spring season. They have played 2 scrimmages, other then that nothing but practice in the last 22 months. I have no idea if not playing some real football will help or hurt the Eagles, but I guess we will find out pretty quick.

2. Ashland does have a lot of experience back. I think they have somewhere around 22 seniors or graduates back for the last season. The defense should be great, especially in the secondary, along with the offensive line.

3. The season for me really breaks down to one key, can they get elite play from QB Austin Brenner. The coaching staff loves him...but up until now, the numbers don't lie, he has been a very average QB in this time at AU, especially with his arm. He makes up a lot of that with his legs, but if Ashland wants to be great this year, they need him to make throws.

Comment

I listed AU 3rd for that exact reason UNC4Life, Tiffin and Findlay have better QBs.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X